Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Sky Club *reportedly* planned at LAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Sky Club *reportedly* planned at LAS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ND76
someone decided it would be a good time to start a new club at LAS.
“Someone” is doing a lot of work in this sentence considering that we’re talking about an unnamed “Delta insider” mentioned by a blog.

Wouldn’t “hey, we’re renovating stuff and adding 16,500 sq. feet of lounge space for Delta to have a new lounge” be something that gets discussed by the Clark County Commission operating the airport? Public money, signing a lease and all? Or mentioned at the Department of Aviation? Wouldn’t there be a public notice or something?

https://www.harryreidairport.com/Bus.../PublicNotices
Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a data point.

The meta tag on line 19 of the source code of this page...

https://www.delta.com/us/en/airports...ub-airport-map

...reads "Step inside the Las Vegas Delta Sky Club and enjoy a relaxing atmosphere with enhanced touches including more seating, easily-accessible power, complimentary Wi-Fi, regionally-inspired food and refreshing drinks."

Page title is McCarran International Airport Terminal Map & Sky Club (LAS) : Delta so clearly not updated since the official name change on December 14.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
America West took the club over initially when it closed.
Actually, that's from the past. America West is no longer. This is where they are near security checkpoints or in the concourse. I am not sure where they used to be.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 12:02 am

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by Pip Carlson
I do. Wait times for the Amex lounge have been 30+ minutes the last two times I was in LAS. There's definitely demand and a SkyClub will help with that.
Would you mind sharing what time you were there? Have a trip coming up, would be good to know for reference. Thank you!
Old Feb 17, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by CaliWesties
Would you mind sharing what time you were there? Have a trip coming up, would be good to know for reference. Thank you!
I arrived at 9A on a recent Thr morning. Club was already very busy but I was able to grab a seat as someone left. No wait.

When I walked out of the club about 11A there was a queue of at least a dozen outside the club to get on the waitlist.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by hockeystl
I arrived at 9A on a recent Thr morning. Club was already very busy but I was able to grab a seat as someone left. No wait.

When I walked out of the club about 11A there was a queue of at least a dozen outside the club to get on the waitlist.
Thank you, good to know! That's similar timing of my flight, will find out when I go
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CaliWesties
LAS isn't a normal airport. it's less about the time of day and more about what is going on in the city. if there's a conference that ends on a Monday, expect Tuesday late morning flights to be very busy.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gitismatty
LAS isn't a normal airport.
True. ‘Normal’ airports aren’t loaded with slot machines.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by kale73
Yes! Sort of! They have a slot machines in the concourse.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kale73
we have them in the grocery stores too!
Old Feb 18, 2022, 1:43 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
I had to stop using the Centurion lounges at most airports due to overcrowding. There is nothing special or enjoyable about them to me when they are overflowing like the Skydumps are. MIA can be a DISASTER. I often just find a quiet gate if I arrive that early. Less pretentious wannabes than in the Centurion and I dont have to deal with adult children putting their feet on furniture, having loud facetime calls without headphones, or long lines for food/drinks/screaming children.
lindros2 likes this.

Last edited by DLATL777; Feb 18, 2022 at 5:45 am
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Good news: club announced at LAS.

Bad news: it’s a Chase Sapphire club.

https://clark.legistar.com/View.ashx...0-72FAEBAA48AB
Old Jun 11, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Benefits, aside from crowding and IROPS assistance:
  • Expanded hours of operation (likely)
  • Access more than 3 hours prior to departure--particularly useful at LAS, IMHO.
  • Different food offering--SC food compares favorably to some of my recent CL visits
  • Access on arrival
No reason not to visit both!
Originally Posted by Pip Carlson
I do. Wait times for the Amex lounge have been 30+ minutes the last two times I was in LAS. There's definitely demand and a SkyClub will help with that.
Originally Posted by hockeystl
When there's a wait list and line to get in the LAS Cent Lounge, as there is most days, I'll happily take a SC.
. . . and now, both of the above: no arrival access, and a waiting line to get on the wait list, not more than three hours before your flight.
Only one bartender--can't tell if it's labor shortage or just metering access to cut costs.
A Sky Club would help DL and AX.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Benefits, aside from crowding and IROPS assistance:
  • Expanded hours of operation (likely)
  • Access more than 3 hours prior to departure--particularly useful at LAS, IMHO.
  • Different food offering--SC food compares favorably to some of my recent CL visits
  • Access on arrival
No reason not to visit both!
This post did not age well. Hah
Old Dec 11, 2023, 10:46 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Seeing this today reminded me of this thread -- although, a nearby red coat said that while she wasn't sure what exactly was going on, she had heard nothing about a Sky Club :-/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.