Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Missing Delta Skymiles from AeroMexico trip (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:22 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

My husband and I flew TIJ-MEX-OAX RT in business class in November. Despite our Delta numbers showing on our boarding cards, our flights never posted. I submitted the flights on the Delta website on November 24 and received a case number. It is now January 27 and I have no credits. I haven't called the past several weeks as I've read posts here about long hold times. I decided perhaps that was past so called today. I was told it would be a 2 hour hold. Is there any efficient way to reach Delta and get this resolved?
kthomas likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:35 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

The social media team of Delta Air Lines has been known to be quite responsive.

Try sending a message through their Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Delta

I have actually been in their social media department. At that time, they operated quite well; and they monitor many channels — including FlyerTalk — on multiple screens.
SanDiego1K and obscure2k like this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: AM Titanum, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA Silver
I am in the same situation, I received a case number back two months ago but my flights are still not showing in my skymiles account. Hope you can share what's the current status of your case.
kthomas likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, United
Fastest way I found is trough the chat on the website, ask then to contact a SkyMiles representative (Business Hours) give them the case# with the boarding passes. If everything goes well, you'll se the flight right away and RDMs, MQM's and MQD's post in about 5 hours.
SanDiego1K and Mexicano like this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
I went through this in December. Case numbers and missing credit forms fell on deaf ears. Eventually got a DM line rep to call the Sky Miles desk and get it straightened out for me.

Hold times lately have been very good (for Diamond), but a call back is always an option.
kthomas likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 12:27 am

I have a similar situation with LATAM flights. I flew on LATAM, verified my skymiles info was added, and no miles have shown up in 1+ month.

There's no way to request credit through the SkyMiles pages for LATAM. Twitter pointed me to the website. Website hasn't been fruitful either. Any suggestion?
Old Feb 9, 2022, 1:39 am

Same issue with Westjet flights. Received a case number November 1st.
I don't have any immediate use for the miles, so I'll tough it out now that I know it's not an isolated issue.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: Accor Platnium, Delta Platnium, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
Same issue with intra-island flights on Hawaiian from September. Documentation was sent in November when I received a case number and nothing since. I recently attempted to contact them on Twitter and they said they are "Now servicing our social customers through a secure messaging service" with the link provided. That experience was painful as there were long waits between chat replies, the first agent escalated to skymiles agent who had to contact someone else and claimed there was nothing attached to the original claim and then emailed me a link to resubmit. After resubmitting via email the miles posted the next day.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Mexicano
I am in the same situation, I received a case number back two months ago but my flights are still not showing in my SkyMiles account. Hope you can share what's the current status of your case.
I have concluded the whole thing is a scam. No Delta credit actually available on AM flights. My DL number is printed on my AM boarding passes, DL can see that I actually took the flights with the AM ticket number I gave them, they say I "should" receive credit, but they won't do ANYTHING to actually make it happen. They seem paralyzed to do anything about it. AM says DL number is in reservation so nothing else for them to do except call DL customer service. DL customer service says waiting on AM. Perpetual circle, which is made more absurd because DL owns roughly 50% of AM.

So I have given up. No more AeroMexico flights for me - the DL relationship is nothing but a marketing scam. I now live in Mexico, so only Volaris and VivaAerobus in the future for travel within Mexico. They beat AM with price and their service is good enough.

My strong recommendation is don't book AM if you are expecting to earn DL credit.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 3:35 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Barkley333
I have concluded the whole thing is a scam. No Delta credit actually available on AM flights.

My strong recommendation is don't book AM if you are expecting to earn DL credit.
I appreciate your detailing all the efforts you have made. I haven't done as much as you but have had no success either. 2 of us flew 3314 miles in biz. It's enough miles that I hate to walk away, but then again I hate the ongoing frustration of seeking miles I'm owed with no result.
parzivalmx likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I appreciate your detailing all the efforts you have made. I haven't done as much as you but have had no success either. 2 of us flew 3314 miles in biz. It's enough miles that I hate to walk away, but then again I hate the ongoing frustration of seeking miles I'm owed with no result.
Well your smart, because all my efforts (at least 7 hours on multiple phone calls and chats) have been a complete waste of my time. Just don't factor in DL credit on any AM booking decision in the future - and for God's sake don't ever try a DL mileage run on AM.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 4:05 pm

I was able to successfully get the miles posted on my last AM flight, last week. I followed the same strategy as I described before.
- submit claim online (upload BPs)
- contact Delta trough the chat
- ask them to contact SM team
- give them the case number

I know it's frustrating but I found this is the easiest way since you can just leave the chat open.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by parzivalmx
I was able to successfully get the miles posted on my last AM flight, last week. I followed the same strategy as I described before.

I know it's frustrating but I found this is the easiest way since you can just leave the chat open.
I can perhaps see doing that for a flight you have already taken. But I am avoiding AM in the future and buying based on price, which means Volaris or VivaAerobus. Just too much brain damage to spend hours begging DL for something that they market as automatic.
shoodawg and KOTAR1988 like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by parzivalmx

Thanks for the tip. It's vital to me to get these flights posted since they have more lucrative MQD earnings. I went through the steps you described and the online SM agent said it could take up to 30 days for Aeromexico to respond. Was that your experience?
Return2flight likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by BNAChairman
Thanks for the tip. It's vital to me to get these flights posted since they have more lucrative MQD earnings. I went through the steps you described and the online SM agent said it could take up to 30 days for Aeromexico to respond. Was that your experience?
If everything went good, you should see the flights almost instantly on your Delta account as "Pending" and then the MQD's, MQM's in around 8 hours. Just this this yesterday again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.