Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Are you trying to pigeon-hole the conversation? (that one's also for GW McLintock )

-J.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:36 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Are you trying to pigeon-hole the conversation? (that one's also for GW McLintock )
Originally Posted by jrl767
that’s pretty flockin’ weak … trying to come up with some better brrrrd jokes
Who actually gives a cluck?!?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I hear chicks dig these jokes.

On that note, this fowl conversation is making me want some Raisin' Canes Chicken for dinner tonight.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
DL @ LAX is on a roll this morning. New Sky club is "closed for construction" so the T2 one is a poopoodoodookaka show. Seat next to me has a broken tray table and inop window shade.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:07 am

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Well, after 12-ish years since not booking a ticket on DL, I've pulled the trigger, and am now going to punish myself

Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
a very pregnant Mrs. WS93.
I'm assuming I missed this by not attending HH for ages, but congrats!
yeah, we were thinking of chicken it out
Sigh
Originally Posted by Zorak
No need to plan that too far in advance, you can just wing it. Definitely a 12pc bucket list item for BB fans though.
Groan!
Originally Posted by Canarsie
That was fowl.

No feather in your cap for you.
LOL
What do you know about feathers, are you some kind of plucking expert?
I tihnk this is where I give up and just give the whole conversation a giant GROAN!
In the pecking order of puns, that one really laid an egg.
LOL, it did.
My apologies, it's a cooping mechanism.
Sigh
Perhaps we need to stop posting these cracks and keep abreast of the weather reports provided by MSPeconomist, who sounds like she is cordoned off and turning bleu...
Groan!
LOL
Sigh
Who actually gives a cluck?!?

I hear chicks dig these jokes.

On that note, this fowl conversation is making me want some Raisin' Canes Chicken for dinner tonight.
I do dig them.

Now I understand why I was told that perhaps the Lounge was in need of adult supervision, not that i'm an adult either.

Mom is home as of last evening. Sister is back home in Ohio. Dad is feeling ok but still coughing a lot, and per the transplant doctor's orders, he is isolating upstairs, Mom and I are living downstairs. Grace is at boarding until tomorrow. Mom's discharge was surprising and unexpected as far as being yesterday. We expected it would happen today or Friday, so I had booked Grace into boarding through Friday, figuring that even if Mom came home today, it would give us a day of getting into a routine before adding Grace back into the mix. I'm running in between floors, taking food and anything else my father needs upstairs. Thankfully, we planned a bit before Mom got home, so he has most of what he needs upstairs, other than lunch and dinner each day, so I'm delivering those meals on paper plates. He has plastic utensils there, so while not the most environmentally friendly, it's minimizing the potential for exposure for the rest of us.

​​​​​​​
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:27 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kipper
I'm assuming I missed this by not attending HH for ages, but congrats!

Sigh

Groan!

LOL

I tihnk this is where I give up and just give the whole conversation a giant GROAN!

Sigh

Groan!

LOL

Sigh

Now I understand why I was told that perhaps the Lounge was in need of adult supervision, not that i'm an adult either.
I want to find out more about the gentleman in Scotland.

BTW, how can someone be very pregnant? One is either pregnant or not pregnant, not mostly pregnant or half pregnant or slightly pregnant.

I'm sorry to hear about the parental problems.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I'm assuming I missed this by not attending HH for ages ...
< snip >
< snip >
yes, to all, many times over

Mom is home as of last evening. Sister is back home in Ohio. Dad is feeling ok but still coughing a lot, and per the transplant doctor's orders, he is isolating upstairs, Mom and I are living downstairs. Grace is at boarding until tomorrow. Mom's discharge was surprising and unexpected as far as being yesterday. We expected it would happen today or Friday, so I had booked Grace into boarding through Friday, figuring that even if Mom came home today, it would give us a day of getting into a routine before adding Grace back into the mix. I'm running in between floors, taking food and anything else my father needs upstairs. Thankfully, we planned a bit before Mom got home, so he has most of what he needs upstairs, other than lunch and dinner each day, so I'm delivering those meals on paper plates. He has plastic utensils there, so while not the most environmentally friendly, it's minimizing the potential for exposure for the rest of us.​​​​​​​
ugh, that sounds incredibly chaotic ... but probably an improvement over how things were a few days ago

that also sounds like you need to pencil in a self-care beer break for a few minutes this evening
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I want to find out more about the gentleman in Scotland.

BTW, how can someone be very pregnant? One is either pregnant or not pregnant, not mostly pregnant or half pregnant or slightly pregnant.

I'm sorry to hear about the parental problems.
LOL, what would you like to know? He's a gentleman, took care of me when I fell and sprained my ankle, and was generally great.
yes, to all, many times over

ugh, that sounds incredibly chaotic ... but probably an improvement over how things were a few days ago

that also sounds like you need to pencil in a self-care beer break for a few minutes this evening
LOL, I would feel obligated to shower first, and I don't know that I'll manage to do that until close to when I go to bed. That said, someone remind me what time it is and send me the link and I'll try. I need to get to work on making soup for my mother for dinner. Tonight is Italian Wedding soup. Saturday is Beef Barley soup.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I too am coughing a lot. Been awake since 3am and went to urgent care as soon as they opened. They are so knowledgeable! The doctor there diagnosed me with......... a cold But he did prescribe a nasal spray and a special cough suppresant syrup (not quite sizzurp but I think it is in that general direction; he said it might make me sleepy). Since I'm working from home I'll miss a HH at the office, but I'll be able to attend the The Lounge™ HH

-J.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
LOL, what would you like to know? He's a gentleman, took care of me when I fell and sprained my ankle, and was generally great.

LOL, I would feel obligated to shower first, and I don't know that I'll manage to do that until close to when I go to bed. That said, someone remind me what time it is and send me the link and I'll try. I need to get to work on making soup for my mother for dinner. Tonight is Italian Wedding soup. Saturday is Beef Barley soup.
done
kipper and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:30 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For starters, does he like beer? Does he like dogs? (Wasn't there a romantic comedy movie called "Must Like Dogs"?) Is he well traveled? Is he well educated? Also, is he single, but maybe that's TMI.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by fgirard
Well, after 12-ish years since not booking a ticket on DL, I've pulled the trigger, and am now going to punish myself

Welcome back! It's nice to see you here again.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:17 pm

For starters, does he like beer? Does he like dogs? (Wasn't there a romantic comedy movie called "Must Like Dogs"?) Is he well traveled? Is he well educated? Also, is he single, but maybe that's TMI.
He does like beer. He tolerates dogs (his allergies make it tough to do more than that). He has traveled to Ireland and Scotland a few times, although we're discussing traveling to the Czech Republic later this year or next. He is well educated. He is divorced like me.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I think it was Must Love Dogs.

Happy Thorsday and Opening Day!
MSPeconomist and ATOBTTR like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.