Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2022, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by skchin
When did Economy tickets to Europe earn no miles?
Didn't they recently announce that Basic Econ tickets would not earn mileage? I don't know if this includes Europe or not.

-J.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 3:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by skchin
When did Economy tickets to Europe earn no miles?
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Didn't they recently announce that Basic Econ tickets would not earn mileage? I don't know if this includes Europe or not.
Yes: No More MQM/MQD/MQS/RDM For Basic Economy Tickets
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I'm back on US soil, for almost two weeks. Just enough time to recover from jet lag, do laundry, and buy a new suitcase because mine is toast.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kipper
I'm back on US soil, for almost two weeks. Just enough time to recover from jet lag, do laundry, and buy a new suitcase because mine is toast.
Will it be enough time to heal your foot?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 11:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
We may have found a winner on the house hunt.
catmndu and GW McLintock like this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
good luck in the bidding war
SuperG1955 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 12:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
We're gonna go in $10k over ask, but will probably miss it
Old Jan 15, 2022, 12:23 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by kipper
Glad you made it home safely! I just had a work trip come up, so it looks like I’ll be flying to the US for 5 nights then Germany for 4 nights, then starting vacation with Spain for 1 night, US for 5 nights, Spain again for 2 nights, Portugal for 5 nights then back to Germany for 2 nights and a day of work then 3 nights in France for the holiday weekend. Luckily I have backup suitcases in case one gives out during all this!
MSPeconomist and catmndu like this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
🛫rackin’ up those miles! 🛫
Old Jan 15, 2022, 1:11 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
I have to get in the travel while I can. I anticipate a slowdown in the second half of the year or at least over the summer.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 4:42 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Will it be enough time to heal your foot?
I don't know.
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Glad you made it home safely! I just had a work trip come up, so it looks like I’ll be flying to the US for 5 nights then Germany for 4 nights, then starting vacation with Spain for 1 night, US for 5 nights, Spain again for 2 nights, Portugal for 5 nights then back to Germany for 2 nights and a day of work then 3 nights in France for the holiday weekend. Luckily I have backup suitcases in case one gives out during all this!
Wow, that's a lot!
Old Jan 15, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by jrl767
I like your puffy clouds.

That is all.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday. I am getting ahead on a little bit of work, then driving to Connecticut to see my uncle (and also go shopping at Stew Leonard's).

-J.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by mattp1987
A few years ago, I was toward the end of a string of domestic MR's. I asked a GA for F availability on an SDS. She gave me a look but pulled up some info and told me that she really shouldn't do it but she put me in F for the flight and then she said "Thank you for living on our aircraft."

It sounds like you're about to join that club.

I've begun to wonder if there might be a transition of people who live on cruise ships to semi-living on aircraft. With the right status one could almost do it. Showers will be back in many Sky Clubs and there's free food. You could drop off a suitcase of clothing to be washed and cleaned at a destination and pick up the one you dropped off on a previous trip. A day or 2 at various places to sightsee and off to a new spot. 150 days on a plane, D1 redeyes instead of a hotels to economize a little, and so on with creativity. 500K BIS miles a year and start a travel blog to become an influencer. Then get the add on benefits from many other places.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday. I am getting ahead on a little bit of work, then driving to Connecticut to see my uncle (and also go shopping at Stew Leonard's).

-J.
Enjoy! I was at the Stew's in Danbury yesterday, prepping for Sunday's storm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.