Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:33 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Zorak, the welcome party is at The Alcove, what could possibly go wrong?
Have a Mambo Taxi or three for me!

EDIT: oh wait, that was the other place.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by Zorak
Have a Mambo Taxi or three for me!

EDIT: oh wait, that was the other place.
Mambo Taxi's were at Mi Cocina
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Good whatever. It's already Thor's Day in some USA time zones and the lounge thread has fallen to page two.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:24 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Happy Thors-day from London! Here’s a picture of Thor in the UK.

Since I’m only 5 hours ahead of EDT, I’ll try to stay up for Happy Hour at midnight local but no promises. We’re planning to find a pub to watch Chelsea-ManU (Premier League) and the Europa League semifinals beforehand.
MSPeconomist and GW McLintock like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Happy 2000th New Lounge™ milepost -- TGIT (thank goodness it's Thorsday)!

-J.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:06 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Good morning (or afternoon in the UK). "The" wedding is one day closer.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
This Thorsday is important because it's Draft Day!
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
This Thorsday is important because it's Draft Day!
Not to be confused with draft beer (although I suspect they're correlated) or the military draft, where traditionally those with birthdays that were drawn early were treated to lots of draft beer and other drinks, at least where it was legal to drink at 18.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Good morning (or afternoon in the UK). "The" wedding is one day closer.
Yes, I just got back from the hotel, dropping off more stuff for the reception.

If anyone wants to follow along on the honeymoon I have a thread up on the Trip Report forum!

She Let Me Get Away With This?: A Semi-RTW Honeymoon via UA, QR, EY and AF J
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Yes, I just got back from the hotel, dropping off more stuff for the reception.

If anyone wants to follow along on the honeymoon I have a thread up on the Trip Report forum!

She Let Me Get Away With This?: A Semi-RTW Honeymoon via UA, QR, EY and AF J
Given how much you discussed this up to this point, I'm excited for you and excited to see pictures/report from all of the travel. But don't feel obligated to "update along the way." Nothing about the report will change between posting about it during the honeymoon versus waiting until you get back. Don't feel the need to take time away from your honeymoon or from spending time with Mrs. WS93 after what has been a stressful time (lead-up to a wedding) to update those of us on FT in that time period with what we can all be updated on once you return.
MSPeconomist and navi_jen like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
currently standing outside the Pentagon (bc it’s the only place I get enough of a signal to do my (late) lunchtime FT-reading) … with any luck I’ll be back at the hotel by 1900 to join HH Zoom

for wakesetter93 — a guy just walked out wearing a purple sweatshirt w gold lettering “LOUISIANIMALS”

congrats and safe travels!
MSPeconomist and wakesetter93 like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
currently standing outside the Pentagon (bc it’s the only place I get enough of a signal to do my (late) lunchtime FT-reading) … with any luck I’ll be back at the hotel by 1900 to join HH Zoom

for wakesetter93 — a guy just walked out wearing a purple sweatshirt w gold lettering “LOUISIANIMALS”

congrats and safe travels!
It must have been a very late lunch in EDT. Don't Pentagon people start work early in the morning?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
wakesetter93, I thought you'd get a kick out if our wedding story. Enjoy yours to the hilt.

We had a small wedding, immediate family and a few close friends. It was held during the last week September 1981. The ceremony was conducted by us (no officiant) at the UN Chapel, which is across 1st Ave from the UN and the reception was at the UN Plaza Hotel as was our first night as a wedded couple.

One reason the wedding was small is that we, and a few friends, had hosted our annual Labor Day weekend party for 500+ people on Fire Island and we didn’t want a large wedding to replicate that occasion.

NY State law does not require an officiant at a wedding. You can have your attorney file the necessary papers and that’s it. So we asked the Best Man and Matron of Honor to speak about what being part of or wedding meant to them. They did a fantastic job. Then each of us spoke. I spoke first. I had to promise, with the threat of severe penalties, not to use humor, crack jokes or otherwise detract from the seriousness of the occasion and I complied. My wife took unfair advantage and had our guests rolling on the floor for her entire speech. I still haven’t forgiven her.

The reception was a Champagne Brunch at the UN Plaza Hotel with 24 attendees, 18 adults and 6 children. Not everyone drank Champagne, but we still managed to go through 36 bottles in addition to lots of other liquor and wine. The food was great as well. Those who had driven in from NJ and Long Island collected their cars the next day. Amazingly, I remember many details and conversations from the reception.

The Hotel was rocking. The last week of September is UN Week and Dignitaries and VIP’s from all over the world are in NYC for the occasion. We had reserved the reception almost a year before and a duplex suite at the hotel. As it turned out, we were the only non-diplomatic people staying on the two floors that the suites were on. We felt very secure though. The rooms across the hall from each of the suites were occupied by heavily armed bodyguards and the exits from the elevators were even more heavily guarded. Hundreds of folks, mostly with Uzi’s. I’m sure we were vetted well in advance since we weren’t even stopped when we got off the elevator the first time. The hotel had taken our luggage to the room and I’m certain it was thoroughly checked long before our arrival.

We left the next day and went to Fire Island for 2 weeks of peace and quiet.
MSPeconomist and wakesetter93 like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It must have been a very late lunch in EDT. Don't Pentagon people start work early in the morning?
some do, others don't
moreover, Congressional "Staffer Day" briefings tend to (a) start late and (b) run well past scheduled times

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.