Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2022, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
went to visit our friends at Scratch Distillery on Sun afternoon; toasting our son who had just boarded an IB A350 JFK-MAD and will be spending most of the next two months in Portugal and Spain
Old Apr 18, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
I just want to give Buddy a big ear scratch

Happy Monday all. Cruddy weather most of the week, looking forward to hunkering down.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Gd mrning.

-J.
LadyWrites likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jrl767
went to visit our friends at Scratch Distillery on Sun afternoon; toasting our son who had just boarded an IB A350 JFK-MAD and will be spending most of the next two months in Portugal and Spain
Great color coordination in that photo.

Did you all take son to the airport and then celebrate at the distillery on the way home?

I wonder when Buddy will realize that son will be gone for a long time. Has Buddy learned to associate seeing a suitcase being packed with the person leaving for a while?
Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
I have too much work this week to be as distracted as I am. I'm still recovering from my flight Thursday (meeting ran late, there was a lot more rush hour traffic than I expected, arrived at airport 20 minutes before flight. Thank God for small airports!). I'm distracted by knowing I leave again tomorrow for a quick trip. I'm seriously out of practice for this much travel...
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by Zorak
Mom and I were there with a group in 2019 -- we stayed at the Parador on top of the hill. Gorgeous region! Among various things our guide took us to this hole in the wall bar where they had some orange liqueur in a leather canteen, which the owner squirted into his mouth from several feet away, and then encouraged everyone else to give it a try too (the trick being to start close to your mouth and then pull it further away)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
As I've already told the SuperGs, I stayed in that wonderful Parador too. When I was there, a couple employees (who essentially work for some agency like the national park service in Spain) led a small group of us from the hotel to a local festival on a small square, where we saw flamenco dancing. I also loved their blue and white herringbone tiled pool and the walk down the hill to it through the flower garden.
The Parador is a great place to stay. It wasn't the best place for us on this trip because of the religious processions. Every procession ends at the main church which is 1 block from the central square and because of the narrow streets and crowds, the entire old city is closed to vehicular traffic when the processions are taking place. If we weren't staying to watch a procession, we'd walk out of the old city and they'd pick us up or if we were doing things inside they'd have to park outside the walls and gates and walk in to meet us.

Their primary home is in Carmona and they have a second home in Sevilla and a country home in Carmona (it's a big place geographically) where they have about 10 acres of trees, Olive, orange, fig and almond. - a small house and a pool. we spent an afternoon out there and all pitched in to make a seafood paella.

The processions are fantastic. I'll put some pictures and videos up when we're back in the States and post a link here.

We fly back tomorrow morning, MAD-JFK. Delta's systems are still screwed up. We did the iHeart COVID tests today and both of us were negative, Loaded them to FlyReady, got emails that everything was checked and approved and then couldn't check in. Need to see an Agent.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Great color coordination in that photo.
thanks, didn't really plan for the chairs to match so well
Did you all take son to the airport and then celebrate at the distillery on the way home?
no, as I mentioned a few days ago, he went to RIC last Tues to catch up with his friend group before heading across the pond
I wonder when Buddy will realize that son will be gone for a long time. Has Buddy learned to associate seeing a suitcase being packed with the person leaving for a while?
he occasionally looks perplexed around 430-5pm when son would normally be getting home from work, and I don't play with him in house nearly as much, but we're pretty sure he'll be okay ... as for association, the cats are much more aware that a suitcase means mom and/or dad will be doing something (but we may have to evict them from the case in order to pack)
MSPeconomist and catmndu like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 1:56 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jrl767
the cats are much more aware that a suitcase means mom and/or dad will be doing something (but we may have to evict them from the case in order to pack)
they're just carrying out their FIS duties, Feline Inspection Station.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Back in DEN this week, had to fly up on WN due to schedule constraints. Catching a Rockies game tonight for a whopping $12. Could have bought a $5 ticket but decided shade was worth the extra $7.
N830MH likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Is there any way to change a FlyingBlue award booking online? Been on hold with Air France for 30+ minutes and they don't have a callback option.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Federal mask mandate on planes is over and United and Alaska have dropped their mandates, Delta will soon follow probably and I am very very very happy and excited!!
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Back in DEN this week, had to fly up on WN due to schedule constraints. Catching a Rockies game tonight for a whopping $12. Could have bought a $5 ticket but decided shade was worth the extra $7.
Does the shade protect you from snow?
Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:01 pm

Does the shade protect you from snow?
Was 60 and sunny in DEN today. The shade kept me from being sunburnt at my wedding which wouldn't have gone over well with the future Mrs.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
An inch of snow fell ovenight. Can't believe it. Bleech.

Onto your normal programming....
Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Federal mask mandate on planes is over and United and Alaska have dropped their mandates, Delta will soon follow probably and I am very very very happy and excited!!
yes, it’s over. No more mask mandate. Hope they drop testing requirement to enter United States.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.