Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2022, 3:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm almost surprised that all those different backgrounds don't mess up the automatic plate readers.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Texas has taken personalized plates to a whole new level. They actively promote them on billboards around the state. There are 200+ background options alone.

MyPlates
If I lived in Texas the first one I'd think of applying for would be 'LICENSE'. Then I'd really have my own license plate. Next I'd go for words that are combinations with plate such as GLASS, DINNER, HOME , FASHION, GOLD, SILVER, and STEEL.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm almost surprised that all those different backgrounds don't mess up the automatic plate readers.
There have been great advances and to handle the vanity plates they now have farcial recognition systems.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 3:44 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
In other news, I just got an e-mail saying that my new license plates have gone into production!
Cool!
Originally Posted by jrl767
ok that's cool

I had "JET1 JL" on my first car; when we lived in the DC area we got "NW N8V" for one of the cars and "SEATTL3" for the other
Mine is 9MM KURZ.
SuperG1955 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
If I lived in Texas the first one I'd think of applying for would be 'LICENSE'. Then I'd really have my own license plate. Next I'd go for words that are combinations with plate such as GLASS, DINNER, HOME , FASHION, GOLD, SILVER, and STEEL.
Just for kicks you can see what plates are available on the site.

There have been great advances and to handle the vanity plates they now have farcial recognition systems.
I would assume it just needs contrasting background and numbers. There's only one playe I can remember that got recalled for being too difficult to read and that was the Louisiana LSU "Tiger Stripes" plate where the purple reflective stripes and purple letters overlapped.

Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Farcial? Could you mean fractal?

I'm glad the technology is improving. My plain instate plates have at most a 75% success rate when I go in and out of my garage. It's very annoying to have to back up, open window (especially if it's raining or snowing) and touch my ID to the machine.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Farcial? Could you mean fractal?

I'm glad the technology is improving. My plain instate plates have at most a 75% success rate when I go in and out of my garage. It's very annoying to have to back up, open window (especially if it's raining or snowing) and touch my ID to the machine.
Facial?

Most everything in Texas is connected to the RFID chip in our TollTags, including building garages and parking at the airports.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:09 pm

Facial?

Most everything in Texas is connected to the RFID chip in our TollTags, including building garages and parking at the airports.
Of course--I'm just having fun and doing a bit of a geek check: fractal could even make sense.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:26 pm

Off to grab Gumbo's food, see y'all in a bit
Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
If I lived in Texas the first one I'd think of applying for would be 'LICENSE'. ...
this may be in the "urban legends" category, but I recall hearing about several instances of people avoiding paying tickets for a number of years because the clerks in the courts got confused when transcribing the written copies of the citations for data entry (think "L1CENSE" or "N0PL4TE")

in the early 70s when California plates were yellow-on-blue, there was a divorcee who strategically repainted maybe 1/4-inch contours of each color to turn "395 EXY" into "39 SEXY" ... DMV quickly revoked the plates after the Highway Patrol pulled her over
Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:32 pm

I checked and 'SUPERG' is taken but you can still get 'SGPLATE'
navi_jen likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:51 pm

MN standard plates are three letters and three numbers or three numbers followed by three letters. I keep hoping to get a good airport code for my car, but it hasn't happened yet. I sometimes notice airports I know on the road.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
... I keep hoping to get a good airport code for my car, but it hasn't happened yet. I sometimes notice airports I know on the road.
Washington plates have three letters followed by four numbers, and just recently started on C as the first letter ... a couple years ago I noticed, in quick succession, AUW AUH BUH BUR BLR BGR BGO BGM BOM ... that made for a fun time perusing online OAGs to create questions for the Old Timers' Airline and Airliner Quiz (which is my other FT time sink, lol )
Old Jan 6, 2022, 5:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jrl767
this may be in the "urban legends" category, but I recall hearing about several instances of people avoiding paying tickets for a number of years because the clerks in the courts got confused when transcribing the written copies of the citations for data entry (think "L1CENSE" or "N0PL4TE")

in the early 70s when California plates were yellow-on-blue, there was a divorcee who strategically repainted maybe 1/4-inch contours of each color to turn "395 EXY" into "39 SEXY" ... DMV quickly revoked the plates after the Highway Patrol pulled her over
I've heard of someone mixing the digits 0, 1 and the letters I, L, and O

Also the guy who thought NULL would be a fun programming-related plate until he started getting all the citations for tickets issued w/o plate info: https://www.wired.com/story/null-lic...r-ticket-hell/
Old Jan 6, 2022, 6:54 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Off to grab Gumbo's food, see y'all in a bit
I need to look at Grace's food supplies and see if I need to get her any before her boarding trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.