Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Passenger brought her OWN Silverware in 1st Class...but DL already gives Silverware

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passenger brought her OWN Silverware in 1st Class...but DL already gives Silverware

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Question Passenger brought her OWN Silverware in 1st Class...but DL already gives Silverware

I was flying first class and the passenger in the seat in front of me brought her own silverware as the FAs brought our meals. DL F cutlery on this flight was standard silverware as it came with my meal. The FA just gave her a stare and smiled but I could tell the FA was very annoyed as she walked back to the galley.

Can someone explain why would a passenger bring their own silverware, especially if DL already provides it complimentary in F???
TarquinMontague likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First Class or Delta One? I've only seen wooden (and sometimes plastic) cutlery in domestic FC since they've been serving the meal boxes. Don't think I'll ever get used to the wooden stuff.
Markie likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper
First Class or Delta One? I've only seen wooden (and sometimes plastic) cutlery in domestic FC since they've been serving the meal boxes. Don't think I'll ever get used to the wooden stuff.
First Class! the old flat-bed seats
Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
They don't have flat-bed seats in domestic Delta First Class (other than a few First Class routes where they are currently running D1 equipment). Delta First Class seats are just wider recliner seats with a few more inches of recline and legroom than coach seats. It sounds like you were likely on a D1 route.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:12 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
what’s the route??
Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:20 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
what’s the route??
LAX-ATL
Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:21 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The FA just gave her a stare and smiled but I could tell the FA was very annoyed as she walked back to the galley.
Out of curiosity, how could you tell? I'm puzzled why the FA would be "very annoyed" by something that doesn't affect them in any way, just like if you bring your own headphones instead of their provided earbuds, or your own blanket, or your own bottled drink...
seawolf, jalves, milski and 5 others like this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Emotional Support cutlery?
Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I'm wondering how a silverware Knife, Spoon and Fork made it past TSA. I thought metal knifes are not allowed on Domestic carry-ons???
awayIgo likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:41 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I'm wondering how a silverware Knife, Spoon and Fork made it past TSA. I thought metal knifes are not allowed on Domestic carry-ons???
What kind of knife was it?

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-...items/utensils

"Knives, except for plastic or round-bladed butter knives, are not allowed in carry-on bags."

As for spoons...

tpsmith82 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:05 pm

I know at least two unrelated people who even at the finest restaurants take their silverware or flatware and remove it from the dinning table and clean it without anyone else at the table knowing. This small sample of people I know says it is much larger action than people know. The only reason I know is as it was disclosed to me and I still watch for them doing it and miss the action 90% of the time.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:05 pm

She probably told TSA she needed something sturdier to cut through the half frozen sandwiches, that Delta was masquerading as a meal.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I don't find this odd at all.

But then again a friend of mines who I fly with from time to time, brings his own cutlery, salt, pepper, olive oil, etc with him on flights, and I have even seen him walk into the kitchens of restaurants to show the cooks how he wants his meal prepared. For example Patrizias in NYC and O'Livas in Santo Domingo.
smartytravel likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Can someone explain why would a passenger bring their own silverware, especially if DL already provides it complimentary in F???
Because the current forest friendly/bamboo cutlery in the sad boxes is terrible. It's like, yes, I'd love to have a wood splinter in my tongue.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:19 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
I don't find this odd at all.

But then again a friend of mines who I fly with from time to time, brings his own cutlery, salt, pepper, olive oil, etc with him on flights, and I have even seen him walk into the kitchens of restaurants to show the cooks how he wants his meal prepared. For example Patrizias in NYC and O'Livas in Santo Domingo.
I don't want to eat in a restaurant that lets customers walk into the kitchen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.