Wiki Posts
Search

Feels weird seeing 0 Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat
Feels weird seeing 0 Miles

Feels wierd seeing 0 miles, the rollover will probably kick in a few days. Also booked a trip today and no accelerator bonus was noted. I will miss that as well

Happy New year Everyone
Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My zeros appeared at exactly 2:41 am CST today. I was looking at the app and saw the relevant numbers all change to zero, with the bar graphs showing "goals" for Silver as if I didn't have 2MM (or even 1MM) status. It still shows me as DM for the year, so for the moment it appears that I hit the requirements for DM exactly, for MQMs and MQSs as well as for MQD and the AmEx waiver. Wasteful redundancy!

It wouldn't surprise me if rollover starts later today, certainly no later than Monday, although in the past it required a day or two for everyone's rollover to appear. In the past, mine has usually been one of the first, perhaps because I have a very early DL FF number.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My zeros appeared at exactly 2:41 am CST today. I was looking at the app and saw the relevant numbers all change to zero, with the bar graphs showing "goals" for Silver as if I didn't have 2MM (or even 1MM) status. It still shows me as DM for the year, so for the moment it appears that I hit the requirements for DM exactly, for MQMs and MQSs as well as for MQD and the AmEx waiver. Wasteful redundancy!

It wouldn't surprise me if rollover starts later today, certainly no later than Monday, although in the past it required a day or two for everyone's rollover to appear. In the past, mine has usually been one of the first, perhaps because I have a very early DL FF number.
Mind if I ask what numbers your FF start with? Mines starts with 26 just curious to see how low they go. I always wondered if there was a 00000001
Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
1007, although I've met people with 100 and then a smaller next digit.

I joined all of the major FF programs shortly after they were introduced. It was free, but needed to be done by snail mail in advance of one's first flight to be credited. I was determined never to take a flight that didn't get FF credit in some program.

I started flying regularly for business before there were FF programs.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:49 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
My Skymiles app shows me as a Platinum Medallion although I never reached the tier qualifications

inb4rollover posting tomorrow morning
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
My Skymiles app shows me as a Platinum Medallion although I never reached the tier qualifications

inb4rollover posting tomorrow morning
Remember that status was extended for everyone. Were you PM during 2021?
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:58 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 3MM, AMEX Delta Reserve, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Mine (I'm 64) starts with 202. My 88 year-old father, who is a 'Flying Colonel', has number 040006xxxx.

They took away all of his 'Flying Colonel' benefits years ago, which included 'lifetime' Crown Room access - he still has the plaque that was personally presented to him by the local marketing rep for TYS... yes, they had those back then. Sadly, he's a lowly Silver Medallion now, only because he's a million miler. Interestingly, the 'Flying Colonel' designation still shows up on his boarding passes.

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
Mind if I ask what numbers your FF start with? Mines starts with 26 just curious to see how low they go. I always wondered if there was a 00000001
Old Jan 1, 2022, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EarlVolFan
Mine (I'm 64) starts with 202. My 88 year-old father, who is a 'Flying Colonel', has number 040006xxxx.

They took away all of his 'Flying Colonel' benefits years ago, which included 'lifetime' Crown Room access - he still has the plaque that was personally presented to him by the local marketing rep for TYS... yes, they had those back then. Sadly, he's a lowly Silver Medallion now, only because he's a million miler. Interestingly, the 'Flying Colonel' designation still shows up on his boarding passes.
So much for lifetime.
EarlVolFan and KenTarmac like this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
1007, although I've met people with 100 and then a smaller next digit.

I joined all of the major FF programs shortly after they were introduced. It was free, but needed to be done by snail mail in advance of one's first flight to be credited. I was determined never to take a flight that didn't get FF credit in some program.

I started flying regularly for business before there were FF programs.
WOW. There should be a thread on this one.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by EarlVolFan
Interestingly, the 'Flying Colonel' designation still shows up on his boarding passes.
Kind of a nice thought, but it does rub in the lost benefit.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:11 am

My rollover (MQMs) appeared before I woke up this morning. However, the app still isn't recognizing that as 2MM, I'm automatically GM.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My rollover (MQMs) appeared before I woke up this morning. However, the app still isn't recognizing that as 2MM, I'm automatically GM.
Your profile says you are a DM. Future status (for 2023) is not showing yet because we are still in the 2021 program year until 1/31/2022 and the current "future" status only reflects the 2022 program year.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select
I flew yesterday and everything showed zero. Today is see 143k MQM, one segment along with the MQD. I finished last year with 146k mqm. How much is supposed to rollover? I’m platinum because I didn’t reach the DM spend. Something seems off.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AALoyalNYC
I flew yesterday and everything showed zero. Today is see 143k MQM, one segment along with the MQD. I finished last year with 146k mqm. How much is supposed to rollover? I’m platinum because I didn’t reach the DM spend. Something seems off.
They rolled over all MQMs from 2021 to 2022 (as they did from 2020 to 2021). There were no deductions based on status level attained. The My Skymiles page on delta.com has a link to show prior year totals -- https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/myskymiles.action
They may not have rolled over late posting MQMs yet (MQMs that posted in 2022 for travel that occurred in 2021). They do regular sweeps to update rollover MQMs for these late posting prior year MQMs (rollover is not updated instantaneously when prior year MQMs post).

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 2, 2022 at 5:36 pm
Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

My rollovers also showed up today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.