Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Introducing aeroLOPA: A new portfolio of detailed Delta Air Lines cabin layout plans

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing aeroLOPA: A new portfolio of detailed Delta Air Lines cabin layout plans

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2021, 6:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow Introducing aeroLOPA: A new portfolio of detailed Delta Air Lines cabin layout plans

Hello esteemed FlyerTalkers. I'd like to welcome you to aeroLOPA. It's a project I started over a year ago initially for my own benefit but from May this year the project transformed into its own dedicated website.

AeroLOPA's mission is to create and share detailed seat diagrams that are as easy to access and read on a mobile phone as they are on a desktop computer. What it does not do is tell you where the best seats are, rather its aim is to provide all the necessary information so you can make that decision for yourself by weighing up the variables and options available to you. For the all chit chat, questions, answers, and debate, FT is still the place

I am now received requests for Delta seat maps and not being one to turn my back on a new challenge, I started the process last week beginning with the Airbus wide bodies.

The creative process starts with a technical blueprint of each aircraft type. Factory standard galley, washroom, storage units are inserted, then the cabins are populated with seats and carefully space planned. It sounds simple, but to ensure accuracy scores of photos are scrutinised, cabin videos closely studied frame by frame allowing seat positions to be spot checked, adjusted as necessary and the diagrams fine tuned then ultimately signed off

I hope the cabin layout plans will also be useful to you. The Comfort+ seats are indicated with red accents and will be easier to identify on the AeroLopa site than they will be below. I will let you know when we can expect the Boeing 767s and domestic/regional fleet as soon as I have the timeline confirmed

Enjoy and let me know what's working and any areas you think need attention.

Airbus A330-200
Type 332 configured 34J 200M (incl 32 Delta Comfort+ seats)

Airbus A330-200
Type 3M2 configured 34J 21W 168M (incl 24 Delta Comfort+ seats)

Airbus A330-300
Type 333 configured 34J 259M (incl 40 Delta Comfort+ seats)

Airbus A330-300
Type 3M3 configured 34J 21M 227M (incl 24 Delta Comfort+ seats)

Airbus A330-900neo
Type 339 configured 29J 28W 224M (incl 56 Delta Comfort+ seats)

Airbus A350-900
Type 359 configured 32J 48W 226M (incl 36 Delta Comfort+ seats)

Notes:
The 3M2 seat map will require further work - being such a new type and after several hours researching I hit a blind spot with the mid section Premium Select and Economy cabins, so the seat positions in these two cabins are my best estimate at the moment.

Individual cabin and seat descriptions will also be added

Last edited by Prospero; Dec 7, 2021 at 7:11 am Reason: fix typo re. 3M2 seat count
Old Dec 7, 2021, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
The 3M2 can't have 268 Y seats after W was added if it had only 200 before. I'm guessing it's supposed to be 168.

764 and 763 are different birds.. All 764 have W seats now.. Only some 763. There's also issue that some 763 have bigger J cabins than other 763s.

Part of issue may be that DL doesn't offer W as a cabin domestically. Thus the plane seatmap can show the same 763 as having no W cabin on flight to say JFK from LAX, but having one on the same exact plane from JFK-Europe. Same applies for 332/333. Its true on 764/A339/350 however those have all been modified so there's no confusion if plane has W seats or not on it.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:00 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Nicely done, thanks.
And it looks like the www site is correct on the 3M2, flyerCO. Or Prospero fixed it quickly!
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Prospero
I hope the cabin layout plans will also be useful to you. The Comfort+ seats are indicated with red accents and will be easier to identify on the AeroLopa site than they will be below. I will let you know when we can expect the Boeing 767s and domestic/regional fleet as soon as I have the timeline confirmed

Enjoy and let me know what's working and any areas you think need attention.
I know you said it'll be better on the actual website but one piece of feedback: while I can make it out, it's difficult to see the red-accents around the C+ seats and I don't even have red-green color-blindness. Someone with any color-blindness issues (especially red-green) may have real difficulty making that out. My recommendation here would be to either do it like DL does with the seats C+ seats as a different color "box" or as an alternate option put a box with a transparent shading over/around the entire C+ section.

I also would ask: are any seats that are almost universally considered "bad" going to be identified in anyway, such as seats with missing windows? While a website like Seatguru has become less reliable, especially since many of their seatmaps now just include generic/automatic identifiers such as automatically labeling bulkhead seats as "yellow" even if there's actually no bulkhead or a soft-bulkhead (curtain) there with extra legroom, one thing Seatguru is pretty good for is identifying "windowless" rows/seats and rows/seats with misaligned windows. It's easy to see and ID those as "avoid seats" where if a system is designed to let me decide, I would kinda have to guess and go through seat-by-seat here to find where the seats with missing/misaligned windows are.

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Dec 7, 2021 at 7:29 am
Old Dec 7, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I'm curious if there is a way to identify which coach seats have which pitch. For instance, AA has standard 30" pitch on their Oasis/Kodiac configured aircraft. Delta shows either 30-31" or 30-32" pitch on their seat maps. I've heard from someone who works for DL that the 30" seats are usually very, very few and are usually the very last row and/or the last row before the exit row, but I have no way to verify this unless I take a tape measure on board. From your process, is there any way to identify the number of these 30" rows by aircraft?
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Poking around, I saw a UA 763 that seemed to have extremely high seat pitch on some coach seats near the back.

One big advantage of these charts: You can see exact placement of windows.

I'm thinking you might want to repeat the row letter designations every five rows or so - perhaps in a shadow color so they're unobtrusive.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 3:21 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
I'm curious if there is a way to identify which coach seats have which pitch. For instance, AA has standard 30" pitch on their Oasis/Kodiac configured aircraft. Delta shows either 30-31" or 30-32" pitch on their seat maps. I've heard from someone who works for DL that the 30" seats are usually very, very few and are usually the very last row and/or the last row before the exit row, but I have no way to verify this unless I take a tape measure on board. From your process, is there any way to identify the number of these 30" rows by aircraft?
The seatmaps are produced as vector files so once the seats are charted, I can begin to take measurements of the various row pitches, to +/- 1 cm accuracy in most cases. The wide bodies are more challenging unless of course I have a copy of an airline's LOPA (layout of passenger accommodation) plan to refer to when charting the seats. I did manage to get hold of a leaked Delta Airbus A339 LOPA and overlaid it but with the others the row positions were verified by studying YouTube cabin tours frame by frame noting key measuring points, such as bulkheads, windows, seat rows at transitions between EC+/E. I am indebted to the MT Aviation Photo & Film YT channel for their super informative video content (and steady camera hand). Verifying windows seats is pretty straight forward but the middle rows on wide bodies can be more difficult, since they often "float" without any visual reference to anchor them into the plan.

The 767 seat maps are now up, including cabin and seat descriptions. The descriptions include more info about where the Comfort+ seats are located.

Boeing 767-300ER
Type 76K configured 26J 18W 172M (incl 21 Delta Comfort+ seats)

Boeing 767-300ER
Type 76L configured 36J 175M (incl 21 Delta Comfort+ seats)

Boeing 767-300ER
Type 76Z configured 26J 200M (incl 35 Delta Comfort+ seats)

Boeing 767-400ER
Type 764 configured 34J 20W 184M (incl 28 Delta Comfort+ seats)

ekozie likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

This is just a wee plug to mention phase 2 has now been uploaded onto the AeroLOPA site - this includes Delta's mainline narrow body fleet. The next phase will cover the regional jets
dtwtransport likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Thanks. You're doing some great work here.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold,DL SM.UA,HA
The A330 pages don't have the seat specifications at the bottom like the other aircraft do.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Just a short note to let you know the Delta Connection seat maps have now been uploaded. Apologies for the delay - the CRJ diagrams do take a disproportionate amount of time to produce.

I'll get on and complete the cabin descriptions for the A330s
dtwtransport likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

A seat map of the new A321neo domestic config has been produced. Preview below. Cloud gazers may wish to avoid 30A/F.

Old Apr 18, 2022, 4:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
The seatmaps are produced as vector files so once the seats are charted, I can begin to take measurements of the various row pitches, to +/- 1 cm accuracy in most cases. The wide bodies are more challenging unless of course I have a copy of an airline's LOPA (layout of passenger accommodation) plan to refer to when charting the seats. I did manage to get hold of a leaked Delta Airbus A339 LOPA and overlaid it but with the others the row positions were verified by studying YouTube cabin tours frame by frame noting key measuring points, such as bulkheads, windows, seat rows at transitions between EC+/E. I am indebted to the MT Aviation Photo & Film YT channel for their super informative video content (and steady camera hand). Verifying windows seats is pretty straight forward but the middle rows on wide bodies can be more difficult, since they often "float" without any visual reference to anchor them into the plan.

The 767 seat maps are now up, including cabin and seat descriptions. The descriptions include more info about where the Comfort+ seats are located.
The 767-400 shows that Premium Select seats have 28" of pitch...
Old Apr 18, 2022, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
A seat map of the new A321neo domestic config has been produced. Preview below. Cloud gazers may wish to avoid 30A/F.

Did they really put that much space at the bulkhead of row 1 on this plane?
Old Nov 29, 2023, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Seat maps of the latest Boeing 737-900ER variants have now been added - types 73J and 73R.

Type 73J

Type 73R

The 73J is based on patchy intel. The First Class section is accurately positioned but the mid to rear sections of the main cabin are my best guess based on Delta’s seat map. What is peculiar is the exits aft of wing do not appear to interrupt the rhythm of seats rows, whereas on the 73R they most certainly do so. The 73R map has been verified so I am confident of its accuracy.

Can anyone who has recently flown on the 73J advise if the seat map is correct? Thanks
dw, emma dog, lindros2 and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.