Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avoiding AMS?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2021, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
A bit off topic, but speaking as a physician, closing borders is a losing proposition. It only matters if you are sterile inside. Once you have cases, go ahead and open the borders. Test, attempt to identify etc., but since you're already infected inside the dome, closing the border is for show IMO.
ijgordon, ATLCDG, demkr and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RobertS975
A bit off topic, but speaking as a physician, closing borders is a losing proposition. It only matters if you are sterile inside. Once you have cases, go ahead and open the borders. Test, attempt to identify etc., but since you're already infected inside the dome, closing the border is for show IMO.
Very solid words from someone in the industry.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by N830MH
France and Switzerland borders will not closed. Isn’t closing the borders. Due to Covid. I am very concerned about the trips. I am connecting flight from SLC to Amsterdam and then BSL. Do I have questions?? I had go through passport control and then security checkpoints. Do I have go through security again?
Just went through immigration at AMS. No wait. Simply showed vaccine passport and passport, was on my way. Only question asked, "are you coming from ZA?" I answered "No." I was stamped in and on my way outside. Total time maybe 60 seconds.

Flights from US/CANADA/UK dont reclear security at AMS . You enter the international section of airport directly. If connecting onward to Schengen, you clear immigration but no security check.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Just went through immigration at AMS. No wait. Simply showed vaccine passport and passport, was on my way. Only question asked, "are you coming from ZA?" I answered "No." I was stamped in and on my way outside. Total time maybe 60 seconds.

Flights from US/CANADA/UK dont reclear security at AMS . You enter the international section of airport directly. If connecting onward to Schengen, you clear immigration but no security check.
Oh! I didn't know that! When they did change? Last time I went through AMS. Nearly 7 years ago. I have go through security and then passport control. Then I went to the gate. I got on next flight to BSL.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Oh! I didn't know that! When they did change? Last time I went through AMS. Nearly 7 years ago. I have go through security and then passport control. Then I went to the gate. I got on next flight to BSL.
It's been this way for 3 or 4 years at least.
N830MH likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's been this way for 3 or 4 years at least.
Got it! Thanks. I appreciate your help.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 4:20 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
I'm flying JFK - CDG - DXB later this week. Will these long queues at CDG impact me at all if I remain in the transit area? I have no plans to actually "enter" France, just connect there.
I think you have to go through security and immigration regardless of your destination. I didn’t see any separate path for those who are transiting and headed outside the EU. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong though.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by myeurocrush
I think you have to go through security and immigration regardless of your destination. I didn’t see any separate path for those who are transiting and headed outside the EU. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong though.
Security yes. No way around at CDG. Immigration no.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Security yes. No way around at CDG. Immigration no.
Actually, passport control, not immigration.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Actually, passport control, not immigration.
IMMIGRATION - noun

b)the place at an airport or country's border where government officials check the documents of people entering that country

Regardless, as to post replying to, you will not go through immigration/passport control at CDG unless entering France or connecting to a flight to a Schengen country.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 9:11 pm

I would rather catch omicron than transit through cdg
flyerCO, Grouchy and onebobobo like this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
I would rather catch omicron than transit through cdg
I used to say that. But the new AF CDG 2F Schengen lounge beats the KLM AMS Schengen lounge handily if you're making a US>EU connection.
onebobobo and FabCW like this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
I used to say that. But the new AF CDG 2F Schengen lounge beats the KLM AMS Schengen lounge handily if you're making a US>EU connection.
I like skipping security more. If could do that at CDG (you can't even change concourses) CDG wouldn't be as bad.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:19 pm

I like skipping security more. If could do that at CDG (you can't even change concourses) CDG wouldn't be as bad.
Is there a way to avoid using that bus? I've always wanted to find one but never managed
Old Dec 8, 2021, 5:13 am

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
I can confirm from last week's travel JFK - CDG - DXB and arriving and departing CDG at the same terminal, that we only had to go through a Security check but not Passport Control. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.