Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

USA to LHR Delta flight check in issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2021, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

I thought I had all of this figured out but when I tried to check into our flight from the USA to LHR today, there was verbiage on the site that made it seem like we needed a negative COVID-19 test to board our flight in the USA. Not only that but it wouldnt allow us to check in. I already have the 2day and plf complete but if I can't board here without a test, that's a problem.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 1:13 pm

I show, according to TravelDoc, as long as you're vaccinated you don't need a test to board.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
I show, according to TravelDoc, as long as you're vaccinated you don't need a test to board.
That's what I thought. This is the message btw
Old Nov 21, 2021, 2:10 pm

More than likely they want to verify your travel documents. I haven’t been able to check in for any transatlantic flights on delta or United as they want to check vaccine card, locator forms, and I know for the UK delta wanted to see if I had a day 2 test booked they haven’t done well with the wording I know for return to the US Delta was saying I needed an ESTA which isn’t true for American citizens but it was because they wanted to see my return covid test
Old Nov 21, 2021, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sxc7887
More than likely they want to verify your travel documents. I haven’t been able to check in for any transatlantic flights on delta or United as they want to check vaccine card, locator forms, and I know for the UK delta wanted to see if I had a day 2 test booked they haven’t done well with the wording I know for return to the US Delta was saying I needed an ESTA which isn’t true for American citizens but it was because they wanted to see my return covid test
Thank you. I believe that is the situation as well. I just wish they worded it differently as it had me in a bit of a panic today 😔 thanks everyone. If I get turned away tomorrow, I'll be sure to update this thread.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Every time I‘ve tried to OLCI for an ATL-CDG flight I get a message telling me I need an ETSA….
Golfer2000 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 10:26 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I flew JFK-AMS-ZRH on DL in August. 2021, the requirement then was (1) CDC card and (2) Swiss Covid Travel form--NO COVID TESTS were required. I was able to print both bps at home after OLCI.
For the return I could only get my bp in ZRH; airport, a Covid test was required.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
A COVID test is required to enter UK, that is unless exempt. (Being vaccinated us one such exemption) Thus website says you need one, as they have no clue if you're exempt. Only time it'll say no test needed is if everyone doesn't need take one.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Have you been in a "red" country 10 days prior to your USA-LHR flight? If not then you are fine without a negative covid test. Last Friday (11/19) we flew JFK-LHR but were not allowed to check in online as they wanted to verify all of our documents before checking us in. Also you will need to fill out the the UK Passenger locator form after you have booked your day 2 Covid test upon arrival. Delta will require this before checking you in.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 10:36 pm

We are flying DFW to LHR in mid December. Can you provide info about where you had your day 2 test booked, how was your experience and how fast you got your results back (an in what format). Thanks.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 9:51 am

Programs: DL, US
I was in London earlier this month. Just get your 2 day test at the airport. The whole process took 10 mins and results were available immediately and an email with the certificate 5 mins later. I used the same test to return to the US. I was only in London for 3 days.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by numerif
We are flying DFW to LHR in mid December. Can you provide info about where you had your day 2 test booked, how was your experience and how fast you got your results back (an in what format). Thanks.
Most now use lateral flow tests. (Basically self tests) You order before arrival and they mail to arrive at hotel/airbnb on day you arrive. Do test and take photo, you're done. Lab sends certificate via email to you. I used Zoom for 25£ including shipping to hotel.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 1:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by numerif
I flew into LHR last month on VS and booked my day 2 PCR with ExpressTest at T3 so I could take it right after I landed. Easy to do and had the results by 10am the next morning. I don’t think they are the cheapest option but it was convenient and hassle free. Similarly, for return to the US, I took a rapid antigen test through ExpressTest and had the results within an hour.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 4:52 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by TuxTom
I flew into LHR last month on VS and booked my day 2 PCR with ExpressTest at T3 so I could take it right after I landed. Easy to do and had the results by 10am the next morning. I don’t think they are the cheapest option but it was convenient and hassle free. Similarly, for return to the US, I took a rapid antigen test through ExpressTest and had the results within an hour.
Curious, about booking the test on arrival in T3. I like the idea. But one needs to pick a time. How did you decide on the time? Seems like a crap shoot.
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Curious, about booking the test on arrival in T3. I like the idea. But one needs to pick a time. How did you decide on the time? Seems like a crap shoot.
I really suggest the do it yourself test. No worrying about appointment, etc.. Do it yourself, upload photo of test result, get emailed report sent back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.