Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2023, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Rats, I just realized I cleaned out my certs so I can't try to replicate the issue.

I have no problem seeing valid itineraries in Z and I for that date though. If the whole website seems broken, then hopefully that's an issue they can fix sooner rather than later. Reservations is absolutely capable of manually processing a companion fare, but it can take some pushing.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cbadland
Hello findark, I am looking at RT Tallahassee Florida to Ontario California. July 19 -26. I guess I can't attach photos here yet, but I have screen grabs showing Z fare on all legs. When I try to redeem my certificate for those cities and dates, only Main and Comfort+ show up as a choice.
Also, I have spent 30 minutes trying to find ANY Delta flights for the next year - trying various city pairs and dates- where FC choices were available for a Reserve Companion ticket. I have found none. It is like they don't exist.

Which flights? I see flight options in FC. It's forcing them up to I class as usual buginess (you'll need to call to get Z fares), but they appear to be bookable.

Did you check T&C's for cert to verify it's a Reserve cert (did you ever have a DL Plat Amex card before)?

Last edited by xliioper; Feb 7, 2023 at 10:20 am
Old Feb 7, 2023, 10:49 am

Hi xliioper, I get no results when looking for FC seats for those dates. I spent about 30 min with a Delta agent who also saw no FC even searching far out in future. My award certificate has same description as what you posted (I'm new here - so can't post any screen grabs, yet) But the Booking Classes and the Description are identical to what you have posted: "Delta SkyMiles Reserve Amex Card Companion Certificate". I can see Comfort+ choices (which I believe is Reserve Cert only), but no FC. I had a Delta Plat card previously, but upgraded to Reserve about a year ago.
Are you a Diamond member? I'm Platinum - I wonder if that makes a difference in certificate redemption?

Last edited by Cbadland; Feb 7, 2023 at 11:01 am Reason: added more information
Old Feb 7, 2023, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cbadland
Hi xliioper, I get no results when looking for FC seats for those dates. I spent about 30 min with a Delta agent who also saw no FC even searching far out in future. My award certificate has same description as what you posted (I'm new here - so can't post any screen grabs, yet) But the Booking Classes and the Description are identical to what you have posted: "Delta SkyMiles Reserve Amex Card Companion Certificate". I can see Comfort+ choices (which I believe is Reserve Cert only), but no FC. I had a Delta Plat card previously, but upgraded to Reserve about a year ago.
Are you a Diamond member? I'm Platinum - I wonder if that makes a difference in certificate redemption?
I'm a DL Plat. Is the Reserve cert the only one you have showing in your account right now? This is what I see when I do a search.

Last edited by xliioper; Feb 7, 2023 at 11:18 am
Old Feb 7, 2023, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
I'm a DL Plat. Is the Reserve cert the only one you have showing in your account right now?
It is the only active one. There is one "closed" and two "expired" certificates.

Last edited by Cbadland; Feb 7, 2023 at 11:18 am Reason: corrected for grammar
Old Feb 7, 2023, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I get similar results to xliioper's.

The C+ and First say 'Certificates applied'. If I select a First fare it takes me to he return flight selection and when I select a First fare there it takes me to the next steps in booking process.
It seems to be working just fine, it just doesn't show he fare classes for C+ (where there's only 1 fare class) and F where it may be showing the lowest price available fare class.

OP, did you try to complete the booking from that screen?
Old Feb 7, 2023, 4:22 pm

Hi SuperG - Thanks for the research. I spoke to a Delta rep on their dedicated "Companion Certificate" help line. They were not able to find any FC flights for me from FL to CA using my Reserve Amex Companion Certificate. He said there must be some kind of issue with my certificate, but their IT could not look into until later this week. "Call back Thursday" was their suggestion. Hm...
Old Feb 9, 2023, 10:08 am

Just a follow up - there was some type of IT glitch. Not sure if it was my certificate or their system. But after a day I was able to see the First Class options in addition to the previous Main and Comfort+ choices. Thanks for your feedback and research.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 10:49 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Not unusual

IT = Incompetent Technicians
Old Feb 9, 2023, 12:01 pm

I have a question regarded the updated Delta website. I have the AMEX reserve and just passed $30,000 in purchases. I got the e-mail telling me to claim my 15,000 MQM, but I can't find where to do this. Clicking on the e-mail link is no help either.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action
Old Feb 9, 2023, 12:22 pm

Thanks! Used the link and the miles posted.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 7:33 am

Programs: Delta 1 MM, Platinum. Marriott-Hilton Gold
I have had a Platinum status for many years and also completed 1 million miles last month. Due to health reasons, I was unable to travel last year and I went down for this year to silver status. Since regaining my health, I applied for the reclaim the status program, and to sign up to the challenge to meet certain MQD/MQM goals that would allow me to regain my Platinum status until I get it on my own later this year. I applied with documentation 3 weeks ago. I have not heard back from Delta. How do I follow this up with Delta. Is there a phone number or email I could call/email to check the status of my application for reclaim the status? Thanks in advance for responding to my question.
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...my-status.html
Old Feb 10, 2023, 4:59 pm

Programs: Delta PL, Hilton Diamond
Missing 48K Skymiles for flight

Hi everyone! I just returned from an ATL-ICN-MNL business-class flight/return and noticed some strange things with my Delta flight summary. Delta awarded me 49,100 Skymiles on $7014 of fare spend. But I have two problems. 1) My fare, according to my Delta receipt, was $10873, plus $528 in fees. What happened to the missing $3859? Also, I was awarded only 7 Skymiles per $ spend, not 9 miles as I am a PM. Before I reach out to Delta, is it possible that I am missing something on my end? Note, my flights were a mix of Delta operated and KAL, but Delta properly awarded 26,306 MQMs, so I don't think its a code-share issue. Any insight is appreciated!
Old Feb 10, 2023, 5:42 pm

Programs: Delta 1 MM, Platinum. Marriott-Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dallascaper
Hi everyone! I just returned from an ATL-ICN-MNL business-class flight/return and noticed some strange things with my Delta flight summary. Delta awarded me 49,100 Skymiles on $7014 of fare spend. But I have two problems. 1) My fare, according to my Delta receipt, was $10873, plus $528 in fees. What happened to the missing $3859? Also, I was awarded only 7 Skymiles per $ spend, not 9 miles as I am a PM. Before I reach out to Delta, is it possible that I am missing something on my end? Note, my flights were a mix of Delta operated and KAL, but Delta properly awarded 26,306 MQMs, so I don't think its a code-share issue. Any insight is appreciated!
IF you go into the activity, you may well find, the last flight may not have been registered for MQD/MQM. It takes 2-3 days after each flight. If it is partner flight such as Air France, it can take several days before getting updated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.