Wiki Posts
Search

eCredit vs eTicket

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2021, 6:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

eCredit vs eTicket

Cancelled a flight I had, instead of going back to the original eTicket it came back up as a new "Delta eCredit". Is there a way I can use both at the same time or get them combined?
Old Oct 11, 2021, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaMD88
Cancelled a flight I had, instead of going back to the original eTicket it came back up as a new "Delta eCredit". Is there a way I can use both at the same time or get them combined?
The ecredit is the eticket. Ecredit isn't a thing, it's a heading. It covers DL vouchers and unused etickets. You can combine three vouchers but can only use one eticket (if I remember correctly) online for new ticket.

I'm also bit confused. When you cancel a flight it doesn't go back to anything. The eticket simply then shows up in the ecredits section.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 1:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
The ecredit is the eticket. Ecredit isn't a thing, it's a heading. It covers DL vouchers and unused etickets. You can combine three vouchers but can only use one eticket (if I remember correctly) online for new ticket.

I'm also bit confused. When you cancel a flight it doesn't go back to anything. The eticket simply then shows up in the ecredits section.
My apologies for the confusion, this is what I was wondering if they can be combined.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaMD88
My apologies for the confusion, this is what I was wondering if they can be combined.
Click the check box. If the other is still clickable then yes. However I dont believe you can combine an unused eticket and a DL voucher together.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I have two similar credits/etickets (basically identical to the above screenshot except for the amounts)

If I click one, a banner appears saying that only credits that are combinable are able to be selected. It allows me to select both; however if I then click Continue it seems like only one gets applied, which supports what flyerCO said #DeltaIT
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Say OP bought a ticket for $435.20

He then changed it under free change rules to a ticket priced at $331.20, which created an eCredit for the difference of $104.00.

And then he can not make the changed flight, so the eTicket goes unused.

Is it really true that even though the total cash started as a single ticket it can not be combined back?

EDIT: Thinking it over, it is probably true they can not be combined back.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Reviving this thread with a new question please:

Anyone know why used eCredits plus eCerts show as "closed" in one's account - but not the used eTickets ?
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Travelomania
Reviving this thread with a new question please:

Anyone know why used eCredits plus eCerts show as "closed" in one's account - but not the used eTickets ?
ecredit is a heading, there's no such thing as an ecredit. Ecredits are simply CS vouchers or unused etickets. A used eticket shouldn't show in ecredit.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Click the check box. If the other is still clickable then yes. However I dont believe you can combine an unused eticket and a DL voucher together.

If you have a flight that you wanted to change to a different one, and you have the unused eticket in your account, you can combine them along with an ecredit. I don't know if I was lucky but the Delta rep I spoke to combined everything into a new flight.

*** I just realized I replied to an old reply lol.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
ecredit is a heading, there's no such thing as an ecredit. Ecredits are simply CS vouchers or unused etickets. A used eticket shouldn't show in ecredit.
Thanks !
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Shouldn't a cancelled ticket show up in your account immediately? I cancelled a flight earlier today but the credit is not in my account, and if I enter the ticket number it says not found. ???
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
Shouldn't a cancelled ticket show up in your account immediately? I cancelled a flight earlier today but the credit is not in my account, and if I enter the ticket number it says not found. ???
Have cancelled at least 2 different tickets in the past few months and both times the credit was instantly in the account. I would give it 24 hours, and if no luck, call in. Make sure you save the 006 ticket number in case you have to book via phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.