Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why is the delta coat closet in first class not an option?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM

I was told tonight the closet was not for use. I asked why and they told me they don’t use unless colder weather for coats. So I folded my coat to get wrinkled in overhead. This was second flight it was not an option. Bad service
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 5:35 pm

On other airlines (hint, AA), the FAs like to stack their rollerboards in the coat closet, presumably so they can access their hairbrushes while in flight. I've seen coat closets with 3-4 FA rollerboards stacked up... (maybe the ones at the bottom were the pilots).
Old Sep 21, 2021, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Sounds like a rogue FA rule, not a rule rule.
volabam, CO-PLAT, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 7:03 pm

They should take and hang your coat. Contact Delta with the date and flight number.
hi55us, wrp96, CO-PLAT and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Strange. I was on flights recently where they came around and were picking up coats to hang for pax in F. Guess it depends on the FAs.
Tine Rod likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
On other airlines (hint, AA), the FAs like to stack their rollerboards in the coat closet, presumably so they can access their hairbrushes while in flight. I've seen coat closets with 3-4 FA rollerboards stacked up... (maybe the ones at the bottom were the pilots).
Their bags do have to go somewhere and I’d prefer the FAs and pilots have their luggage in the coat closet rather than the overhead bins. Where else would you rather them put their bags, knowing that the crew have to have their bags in the cabin (not underneath)?
dw, jerseytom, nancypants and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 8:05 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Their bags do have to go somewhere and I’d prefer the FAs and pilots have their luggage in the coat closet rather than the overhead bins. Where else would you rather them put their bags, knowing that the crew have to have their bags in the cabin (not underneath)?
Exactly- if they don’t go in the closet, they will go in the overhead bins in F, which will be far more annoying for passengers.
MSPeconomist and ATOBTTR like this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 8:38 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I've always had them ask me if they could hang my coat or jacket.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Ha! Witnessed this last week on AA, though I forget what she got in and out... I think personal snacks.
volabam likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
In the bin marked for crew, or wherever the beverage cart used to be stored before it went away for what seems like forever.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
In the bin marked for crew, or wherever the beverage cart used to be stored before it went away for what seems like forever.
Well they can’t go in the gallery where the beverage cart goes because the galley cart has a means of being locked into place to be secured for critical phases of flight while the luggage doesn’t so that’s a no-go.

And any OH bin reserved for crew means less OH space for passengers, which also means when the passengers who have the bins at that row where the crew bags are in the OH now can’t put their bags above their row, and thus put them somewhere else, which creates a cascading effect. So I’d rather the crew put their bags in the closet if possible rather than the overhead bins.
DiamondMile and safari ari like this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:25 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
And any OH bin reserved for crew means less OH space for passengers, which also means when the passengers who have the bins at that row where the crew bags are in the OH now can’t put their bags above their row, and thus put them somewhere else, which creates a cascading effect. So I’d rather the crew put their bags in the closet if possible rather than the overhead bins.
Real world example- This is definitely an issue on the Republic E75s where there are often several crew rollaways in F. And with minimal to no bin storage on the left side in F, those bins fill up fast… and then F passengers end up using the bins above the first rows of coach. (I’m assuming there is no closet on these planes, or the closet is tiny?)
Old Sep 22, 2021, 6:43 am

presumably so they can access their hairbrushes
this is a really reprehensible comment. you can criticize FAs making up rules without making a misogynstic comment
Old Sep 22, 2021, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by rylan
Strange. I was on flights recently where they came around and were picking up coats to hang for pax in F. Guess it depends on the FAs.
Always my experience. I have to almost fight them to keep my light jacket with me (which I keep handy incase the cabin temps dip too much).
Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: DL, UA
I can't speak specifically to DL, but UA has a specifically assigned spot for the luggage of each FA. I can't help but believe that DL also has a policy to avoid the situation described with the closet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.