Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A319 bulkhead?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2021, 7:45 am
Original Poster

A319 bulkhead?

Is the bulkhead in an A319 any better or worse than the other F seats?

Three rows of 2-2, the C+ starts at row 10.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 8:14 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
I don't love the bulkhead given the choice, but it's fine. Main drawback is that you don't have a seat in front of you under which you can put a bag and/or your legs. For your bag, just means that if you need it during the flight, you have to stand up and get it down from the overhead (I always feel bad climbing over my seatmate if I'm in the window), and then put it back up before landing. Not a huge deal, but it is a minor pain.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Yes, that is the downside, especially since the overhead bins for the bulkhead can sometimes have crew equipment or the like, plus seatguru's drumbeat about proximity to galley and lavatory (which doesn't seem a real issue). Upside is there's no row in front to recline.

Sometimes the bulkhead has more legroom and sometimes it doesn't.

How's the A319 on these?
Old Aug 31, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Not a lot of leg room on these birds in row 1.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 11:07 am

Not a lot of leg room, but better than 739. If I was paying for the seat, I would definitely buy a c+ seat over bulkhead and I would choose row 10 if legroom is the biggest priority.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 11:48 am
Original Poster

The trouble with c+ is that there are two of us, it's a row of three and we would prefer not sharing a row with someone else.

There are non-bulkhead seats available. It sounds like we should go with those, as no one has suggested the bulkhead is better.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd
The trouble with c+ is that there are two of us, it's a row of three and we would prefer not sharing a row with someone else.

There are non-bulkhead seats available. It sounds like we should go with those, as no one has suggested the bulkhead is better.
If there are non-bulkhead seats, definitely go with those.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 12:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
Like most aircraft, bulkheads here really just come down to how much legroom you need. I generally prefer bulkheads myself because you don't have to worry about anyone reclining into your space, but I'm not that tall so legroom isn't a huge issue for me. I grab everything I'll need out of my bag when I board and I'm good for the rest of the flight. On the A319 I wouldn't expect much disturbance from the galley given the types of routes they operate, and that's mostly only an issue if you're trying to sleep anyway.
dtwtransport likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.