Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Covid Suspended Cities Status

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2021, 5:43 pm

I was really stoked to see DL arrive at SBA, but with SWA's arrival during the suspension, I'd bet against Delta's return. IMO, they should look to SBP instead.
The Situation likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 5:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by xliioper
Service is scheduled to return from MSP and ATL starting on Dec 18th and flights are open for booking now. Flights from ATL are daily through March 31st. MSP service is daily around holidays and then drops to 2x weekly for Jan - Mar after 1/5.

I see some outrageous prices for the few days after Christmas.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I see some outrageous prices for the few days after Christmas.
Wouldn’t expect anything less. There are so many better times to go skiing than that week!
Old Jul 26, 2021, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

YWG (Winnipeg, Manitoba) returns September 13th.

https://news.delta.com/delta-doubles...s-us-travelers
DiverDave likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Do we know MHT is permanently suspended? Where does it say never coming back? They used to have mainline service so I'm surprised they wouldn't ever bring it back (though I've been pushing them that's it important in my surveys...shows how much they read them).

I've already had to give business to AA over DL since MHT is >>> BOS for what I need (Logan is such a pain to get in and out of).
Old Jul 27, 2021, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dmarge18
Do we know MHT is permanently suspended? Where does it say never coming back? They used to have mainline service so I'm surprised they wouldn't ever bring it back (though I've been pushing them that's it important in my surveys...shows how much they read them).

I've already had to give business to AA over DL since MHT is >>> BOS for what I need (Logan is such a pain to get in and out of).
Yes, airport officials confirmed last November that DL MHT service won't be coming back (and DL pulled down all their signage).

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/20998...gional-airport
N830MH likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 27, 2021 at 11:34 am
Old Jul 27, 2021, 11:45 am

Programs: Delta DM for now

The article linked to from Union Leader says Delta has had all of their signage removed from the gates they leased at MHT. That suggests a return is not imminent, which truly is a shame considering how many flights AA is operating there. I have family 30 minutes north of MHT so for years I've been hoping for a 1-stop option between RNO and MHT, which I thought could happen when DL started flying RNO-ATL regularly. For now, it looks like I'm stuck with BOS if I want to stick with DL. AA has some options for RNO-ORD/CLT-MHT, but I'm not sure the convenience justifies the higher fares.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by xliioper
Yes, airport officials confirmed last November that DL MHT service won't be coming back (and DL pulled down all their signage).

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/20998...gional-airport
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqMIN6YzmJY
Thanks. Definitely sad.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 6:39 am
Original Poster

MTJ is now loaded to return December 18th. 2x weekly ATL service with a 737-800 and daily over holiday periods.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Thanks. Definitely sad.
Yes. I have been in MHT before. I remember I went to MHT for a few days. That was so long time ago. It’s been over nearly two decades now.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 11:26 am
Original Poster

I will keep the top post updated as things change. There are currently 13 domestic/Canada destinations which are suspended but not announced as permanently closed.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Is the intention to only have USA and Canada in the list or also other suspended stations? If the latter, STR, DUS, MUC, CPH are some of the European destinations that are still suspended.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cygnus
Is the intention to only have USA and Canada in the list or also other suspended stations? If the latter, STR, DUS, MUC, CPH are some of the European destinations that are still suspended.
I only fly US/Canada so hadn't paid as much attention to international. I'll add them though. Any others?
Old Jul 31, 2021, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
I only fly US/Canada so hadn't paid as much attention to international. I'll add them though. Any others?
There's going to be quite a few European stations (SNN, EDI, GLA, MAN, BRU, NCE, ZRH, TXL/BER, and PRG are some others that I don't believe have been served since Covid hit). But they are covered by JV partners, so it's not exactly the same as you can still get there on a DL ticket. I believe a good chunk of those only had seasonal service pre-Covid and not year-round.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 31, 2021 at 7:32 pm
Old Aug 1, 2021, 4:10 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Maybe I'm thinking of Toledo. Neither are really needed so I doubt it comes back.
<br /><br />Is it (CAK), though? They were running mainline (M88s) there as of a couple years ago.<br /><br />I was worried DAY would be suspended, but it never was and is going back to all 717s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.