Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Introduces Lifetime Diamond Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2021, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles.../million-miler

And now, in recognition of our top Million Milers, Members that earn 6 Million Miler Status and above will receive annual complimentary Diamond Medallion Status. If you’ve previously earned this level, your account has been updated automatically with no action needed from you.
I just woke up to some incredible news. I think this was discussed in the forum in the past, but nothing changed until now. 6 million miles is a pretty high bar. Nonetheless, at least top-tier status is an option now! If there is anything good coming out of the pandemic, maybe we'll get more consumer-friendly policies from the airlines?
Old Jul 23, 2021, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Has already been discussed in the thread right below this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 7:34 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Not sure 6 Million is really a reachable goal for most people so lets say you fly minimum of 125K to reach Diamond every year - that would require 48 years..... while United requires 3 Million for Premier 1K which is much easier...
Old Jul 23, 2021, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
Not sure 6 Million is really a reachable goal for most people so lets say you fly minimum of 125K to reach Diamond every year - that would require 48 years..... while United requires 3 Million for Premier 1K which is much easier...
I didn't say it was easy. UA requires all flying on UA metal. At least DL count partner flights.
flyerCO likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 8:54 am

Programs: DL DM, 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Great, at my current rate with 2.2M I can enjoy lifetime Diamond when I am 106 years old.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by JCWCVG
Great, at my current rate with 2.2M I can enjoy lifetime Diamond when I am 106 years old.
I'm accelerating my MQM aggregation and am planning to hit 6MM on my100th birthday. Then I'll have lots of years as a DM until my Lifetime SkyClub Executive runs out in 2079. That's a great future to look forward to.
hnewman and DiverDave like this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

lol! We've lost almost 2 years due to the pandemic so it sucks that DL isn't making this slightly easier. I mainly fly tpac and DL offers competitive pricing to PEK and PVG. Sadly, I can't go there anymore to rack up some MQMs. Damn it!

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I'm accelerating my MQM aggregation and am planning to hit 6MM on my100th birthday. Then I'll have lots of years as a DM until my Lifetime SkyClub Executive runs out in 2079. That's a great future to look forward to.
Medical science is constantly getting better! 100 will soon be the new 90...
Old Jul 23, 2021, 9:50 am
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
At least bragging rights while getting diaper changed, or discussing about an obsolete flying technology frequent flyer status by that time.
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 9:51 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by lsquare
I didn't say it was easy. UA requires all flying on UA metal. At least DL count partner flights.

UA also doesn’t count cabin and AMEX bonuses like DL does. 3MM on UA is probably the equivalent of 5 or 6MM with DL depending if you fly partners or paid J often.
unitedbusiness, lsquare and tcdtcd like this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
And DL also counts class of service bonus MQMs and MQMs earned through other methods (AmEx sign-up bonuses and Spend Boosts, etc.). UA does not count this towards MMer status, AFAIK.

I'm guessing this will be unreachable for me (realistically for me would probably be 2MMer and getting "complimentary annual" GM is more realist - I doubt I'll even ever hit 4MMer) but it is good news.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Paging oldtirednbusy!
Old Jul 23, 2021, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
UA also doesn’t count cabin and AMEX bonuses like DL does. 3MM on UA is probably the equivalent of 5 or 6MM with DL depending if you fly partners or paid J often.
Indeed. UA only count BIS miles afaik. At least with DL, there are ways to rack up the MQMs. I'm probably going to put more spending on my DL Reserve going forward.

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
And DL also counts class of service bonus MQMs and MQMs earned through other methods (AmEx sign-up bonuses and Spend Boosts, etc.). UA does not count this towards MMer status, AFAIK.

I'm guessing this will be unreachable for me (realistically for me would probably be 2MMer and getting "complimentary annual" GM is more realist - I doubt I'll even ever hit 4MMer) but it is good news.
Like I said earlier, UA is all BIS miles so it's a bit harder. With DL, at least you can try a variety of ST partners and still have their miles count.

Originally Posted by DiverDave
Paging oldtirednbusy!
Who's that guy?
Old Jul 23, 2021, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who's that guy?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/memb...irednbusy.html
Old Jul 23, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
One of the CSR's told me that they had an 11 MM in the MSY Sky Club last month. Wish I'd been there to meet him/her/they/whatever.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Doesn't seem like he's very active on FT. 7mm! Nice!

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
One of the CSR's told me that they had an 11 MM in the MSY Sky Club last month. Wish I'd been there to meet him/her/they/whatever.
I think UA had a guy that flew 20+MM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.