Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hilarious And Amusing Delta Travel Postings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilarious And Amusing Delta Travel Postings

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2021, 6:48 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by 757FO
That's kinda sad. When you have to brag or show off your airline status to the world like this, something else is missing in your life. I honestly feel bad for this person.
Or maybe it's a joke. Surely it could also be a tongue-in-cheek attempt to make fun of others who take their tags seriously.
gretchendz likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 7:21 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Yep, the way I see this is either this guy is probably a blast to hang out with or a complete drain on your life. No in-between.
gretchendz, apodo77, kop84 and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
One DM cowbell good, many cowbells better???? DL seems to encourage us to use show off our brag tags, but eventually their weight will add to the cost of fuel needed for the flight.
More Cowbell!
photojojo and Monoboy like this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 7:31 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by zeke3
I stand corrected, and that makes much more sense. I’ve only ever seen the M on the regular tags before.
when I first hit MM, my DM tag had an MM on it. Now just the plastic red t@g when 2 MM.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do we know that this luggage belongs to a man rather than a woman? The pink wrap on the handle could be interpreted as feminine, or it could just be a distinctive bright color to prevent someone from taking the wrong bag.

Or.... and work with me here..... the pink wrap on the handle could be interpreted as being one of the pink handle wraps that Delta sells pretty much every year as part of their breast cancer awareness donation drive. Occam's razor really is a thing. I had one on my old backpack, and I am pretty sure that I am not perceived as feminine. Only reason I didn't move it to the new one is that it doesn't fit the new handle.
ExArkie likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 8:22 am

This makes me think of ski lift tickets when they were still stickers on wickets. I liked to stick the new one over the old one(s) until eventually it would be too many.

I recall some skiers, however, having multiple ticket wickets hanging off their jacket/snow pants, and the dozen plus brag tags on one bag reminded me of that.
photojojo, DCFlyIAD and Monoboy like this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by cubeman
Yep, the way I see this is either this guy is probably a blast to hang out with or a complete drain on your life. No in-between.

100%! This guy is the life of the party with cool stories from all of his travels, or wants to talk to you for an hour about why he prefers IHG in MCI but HH in STL as the room types offer better selections (Please don't @me, I've never even been to Missouri and have no opinion on hotels there)
Old Jul 12, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Just wow. Only tags I have on my bag are a luggage tag from LSU and whatever the last airline left on it (currently a DL gate check tag).
Old Jul 12, 2021, 6:05 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Could this be Diamond Hat Guy? Probably my all time fave FT saga:
I just saw a dude in the Crown room wearing a Diamond Medalllion Hat
Zorak and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 11:32 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Hilarious

Originally Posted by DougSkymiles

In ATL Skyclub this morning, I found this hilarious! As a DL DM 360 who has never put a DL brag tag on a bag, I have no problem with someone that does. However, this seems a little over the top.

Just phreaking hilarious....
Old Jul 16, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
Holy Smokes! I think i even see one of the Flyer Talk Delta "Kryptonium" Tags that you used to be able to buy on here!... We need updates from the field and the wild if anyone on the boards sees this guy in the future...Keep those updates coming #Legend
Monoboy likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 5:42 pm

Programs: communist, liberal and love Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
Can't find Kryptonium or Unobtanium tags anywhere so I broke down and paid $12 + shipping n eBay for one mint Silver Medallion tag. I look forward to sporting it en route to Boise, ID manana.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by 757FO
That's kinda sad. When you have to brag or show off your airline status to the world like this, something else is missing in your life. I honestly feel bad for this person.
One of my greatest joys in life is applying my FO bag tag, purchasing F, and watching all the salty DM and PM customers trot back to C+/Y-…

Then again, another one of my greatest joys in life is sitting in F sipping a PDB while I watch the Y pax struggle back to their cauldron. One of my favorite flights I had actually been upgraded and my boss’s boss at the time who was a real (insert expletive of your choice here) was in Y. I remember raising my PDB G&T to him as he made the walk of shame back to Y. Such a lovely day despite being stuck on a 73G.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.