Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Seat Assignment Not Showing for Codeshare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2021, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

I booked flights through the Chase travel portal, all of which are on DL metal. However, one leg was booked as a KLM codeshare (it was cheaper than booking all DL). When I went to the DL app to select my seats, I was not able to pick a seat for the codeshare leg (the seating map for that flight on the app showed all seats as unavailable and I am not able to pull up a seating map for that flight at all on DL’s site). I was able to select seats on the DL app for all the other flights.

I went to KLM’s site, entered the DL locator number, and was able to select a seat for the codeshare flight. However, the DL app and website still showed the seat for that flight as “not assigned.” I called DL to confirm the seat assignment and the agent confirmed the seat assignment was in their system. I also did a dummy booking on DL’s site, pulled up the seating map for that particular flight and it showed the seat I selected (through KLM’s site) was occupied.

However, the DL app and website still show the seat for that flight as “not assigned.” If the seat assignment is in DL’s system, why would it not show up on their app or website? Do I need to do anything else to confirm the seat assignment? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Stwals
I booked flights through the Chase travel portal, all of which are on DL metal. However, one leg was booked as a KLM codeshare (it was cheaper than booking all DL). When I went to the DL app to select my seats, I was not able to pick a seat for the codeshare leg (the seating map for that flight on the app showed all seats as unavailable and I am not able to pull up a seating map for that flight at all on DL’s site). I was able to select seats on the DL app for all the other flights.

I went to KLM’s site, entered the DL locator number, and was able to select a seat for the codeshare flight. However, the DL app and website still showed the seat for that flight as “not assigned.” I called DL to confirm the seat assignment and the agent confirmed the seat assignment was in their system. I also did a dummy booking on DL’s site, pulled up the seating map for that particular flight and it showed the seat I selected (through KLM’s site) was occupied.

However, the DL app and website still show the seat for that flight as “not assigned.” If the seat assignment is in DL’s system, why would it not show up on their app or website? Do I need to do anything else to confirm the seat assignment? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
The DL App isn’t the smartest when dealing with partner airlines. You should be good.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I've had this happen recently in both directions and even when not a codeshare. Not sure what is going on.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
IMO, in most all cases it is pointless to worry about what the marketing/ticking carrier thinks about your seats.. If you care about the seats, go the operator and do not even waste time trying to figure out what the other says.

Maybe DL and friends are worse than others, but it is somewhat universal.
mnbp likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.