Wiki Posts
Search

Million mile accrual, what qualifies?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2021, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Million mile accrual, what qualifies?

I did a search for MM accrual and nothing came up, apologies if the info is out there I just didn't know what to search for. I also searched Delta MM and couldn't find how it is accrued.

I was under the impression that qualifying miles for MM are just the straight miles. I just flew ATL-SEA-ANC RT, I thought I should receive 7,242 towards MM, but I received 16,*** Can someone explain the accrual please.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 10:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Currently MQMs are what count for MM status. (Long before the merger, DL's rules were different.) For the remainder of 2021, there's DL's accelerator promo which gives additional MQMs (and MQDs, plus both on award tickets, etc.). Check the thread on it here in the DL forum of FT for detailed rules.
estedman likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by estedman
I did a search for MM accrual and nothing came up, apologies if the info is out there I just didn't know what to search for. I also searched Delta MM and couldn't find how it is accrued.

I was under the impression that qualifying miles for MM are just the straight miles. I just flew ATL-SEA-ANC RT, I thought I should receive 7,242 towards MM, but I received 16,*** Can someone explain the accrual please.
Your MM balance is based on MQMs earned but DL is also doing an MQM "Accelerator" promo this year so you also received bonus MQMs, and those bonus MQMs earned under the Status Accelerator promo this year will count towards one's MMer balance. I.e. with DL, ALL MQMs earned (regardless of how they are earned) count towards MMer status. That includes class of service bonus MQMs for Y fares and paid F/J fares and if you receive them, AmEx Sign-up bonus and annual spend-boost MQMs, and any other MQM promos (such as when DL had the Hilton-MQM promo).
DCFlyer0306 and estedman like this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Your MM balance is based on MQMs earned but DL is also doing an MQM "Accelerator" promo this year so you also received bonus MQMs, and those bonus MQMs earned under the Status Accelerator promo this year will count towards one's MMer balance. I.e. with DL, ALL MQMs earned (regardless of how they are earned) count towards MMer status. That includes class of service bonus MQMs for Y fares and paid F/J fares and if you receive them, AmEx Sign-up bonus and annual spend-boost MQMs, and any other MQM promos (such as when DL had the Hilton-MQM promo).
Understood and thanks. When did they change this not the accelerator part but the MQM part? I could have sworn someone said a couple years ago it was straight mileage.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
MM qualification hasn't been based on straight mileage in at least 14 years. You may be thinking of/reading about RDM accrual. It used to be the number of RDMs you got was based on the length of the flight, but that changed in 2015 to be based on the price you pay for the flight.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 6:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by estedman
Understood and thanks. When did they change this not the accelerator part but the MQM part? I could have sworn someone said a couple years ago it was straight mileage.
Some other carriers use straight mileage, but it's been MQMs since at least about 2009.

This makes the extra MQMs earned from premium cabin fares (and Y and B coach fare classes, although M once earned 150% too) and AmEx spend more valuable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.