First Flight Back message

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2021, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
First Flight Back message

I flew DL for the first time since the pandemic a few days ago and just got an email titled Thank You For Trusting Us With Your First Flight Back

Dear Stimpy,

As a valued Platinum Medallion® Member, I know how important travel is to you, and I want to personally thank you for trusting Delta with your first flight back. My Delta colleagues and I have been working tirelessly to ensure you have the safest experience possible, and we’re grateful you chose us as you venture back into the world.

It went on from there with the usual platitudes. Ignoring the fact that I've taken lots of flights during the pandemic on other carriers (AF/KL/BA/UA), I thought it a nice touch and a good well done to both the Marketing and IT team.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 3:30 pm

How do they know you haven’t been traveling a ton since March/20 on AA, UA and others?
Old Jun 12, 2021, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
How do they know you haven’t been traveling a ton since March/20 on AA, UA and others?
They don't, which OP pointed out.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:04 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Very interesting, my first flight back was in April and I did not get this email!
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Well that’s nice.

For the folks that hung around throughout the whole ordeal though and tolerated all their BS, kinda reads like a slap in the face.
demkr, ekozie and ExArkie like this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
Well that’s nice.

For the folks that hung around throughout the whole ordeal though and tolerated all their BS, kinda reads like a slap in the face.
A slap in the face because of a zero cost email sent to someone who hasn’t flown Delta in a year? Hahaha that’s reaching. If that’s how you feel then maybe disregard the bonus credit program that just started on 4/1. That must be a knockout punch by comparison!
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davedeboston
A slap in the face because of a zero cost email sent to someone who hasn’t flown Delta in a year? Hahaha that’s reaching. If that’s how you feel then maybe disregard the bonus credit program that just started on 4/1. That must be a knockout punch by comparison!
Couldn’t care less about useless bonus points.
smartytravel likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 8:08 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
I found it funny how they also sent me this email after my first flight after starting a status challenge despite me flying with them about a month earlier when I still had no status
Old Jun 12, 2021, 11:22 pm

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
Couldn’t care less about useless bonus points.
You should/could care that your Q1 MQDs/MQMs only count for 2/3 vs the ones earned during the rest of the year...
Old Jun 13, 2021, 7:01 am

Well that’s nice.

Honestly, I have flown several times over the last year and I don’t feel like I was insulted because Delta didn’t send me another junk email. My self image is not at all governed by Delta sending me emails generated by some automatic marketing algorithm
Old Jun 13, 2021, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got a similar email from AMEX when I used my DL AMEX after 12 months of inactivity.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mayhem
You should/could care that your Q1 MQDs/MQMs only count for 2/3 vs the ones earned during the rest of the year...
Yeah, I don't really care about status.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I care about having status, but I don't care about renewing as I'm comped each year to Plat via my Amex. Maybe that's why I got the email? Who knows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.