Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Domestic F doesn't include club access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2021, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VS Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, SPG, IHC: Plat Ambasador

The rules are very complicated so I want to make sure I have this correct:

If I buy a domestic First ticket, say for SFO to SEA, I don't get to use the lounge?

(No, I don't collect miles on Delta; they're all sitting on Virgin Atlantic, but it seems my Gold status there doesn't get me in either because I don't have a flight to the UK on my itinerary.)
Old Jun 2, 2021, 9:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by alexr_ft
The rules are very complicated so I want to make sure I have this correct:

If I buy a domestic First ticket, say for SFO to SEA, I don't get to use the lounge?

(No, I don't collect miles on Delta; they're all sitting on Virgin Atlantic, but it seems my Gold status there doesn't get me in either because I don't have a flight to the UK on my itinerary.)
Correct. Only certain domestic flights specifically marketed as Delta One confer lounge access; all other domestic F routes do not.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

So basically, F me if I live in San Francisco?
mrcool1122 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only Alaska Air provides lounge access on paid domestic F flights. United and American have exact same policy as Delta. Alaska has a new lounge opening in SFO in late summer.
wrp96, cmd320 and Duke787 like this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper
Only Alaska Air provides lounge access on paid domestic F flights. United and American have exact same policy as Delta. Alaska has a new lounge opening in SFO in late summer.
I don't think I can forgive them for what they did to Virgin America. For SFO-based pax, it was wonderful.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 9:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DL offers D1 service between SFO and JFK.
hi55us and ryw like this.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 9:52 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
SFO-JFK nonstops are marketed as D1 and qualify. All other domestic F out of SFO does not. If your only status is VS, then I think the only other way to gain access on a non-D1 domestic itinerary are the various credit card options.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Depending on how much you travel, the $95/year Hilton Amex Surpass card comes with a Priority Pass Select membership that allows 10 comp visits/year ($32/visit beyond that). I keep it as a backup to my Sky Club membership for airports that don't have a Sky Club or if I'm not flying DL. When you consider a Priority Pass Standard Plus membership which also includes 10 comp visits/year goes for $299/year, it seems like a pretty good deal. It also provides Hilton Gold status.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:27 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Does domestic D1 grant lounge access at any point on the journey, or just for the D1 leg (assuming one doesn’t have entry via status or a credit card)?

For example for a DCA-JFK-SFO routing where the first leg is in F and the second leg is in D1, would that passenger be able to use the DCA SkyClub?
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:36 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
An AMEX Platinum card gives you SC access + priority pass lounge access, but through "rebate" promos you get $200 credit from flying plus $100 Dell credit every 6 months and other promos "every now and then".
koreanair720 and cmd320 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:43 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xliioper
If you are Platinum or higher in AA and flying INTERNATIONAL you can access their FLAGSHIP lounges (located in a few US cities), the Flagship lounge is a step (or two) above the SC.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by ryw
Does domestic D1 grant lounge access at any point on the journey, or just for the D1 leg (assuming one doesn’t have entry via status or a credit card)?

For example for a DCA-JFK-SFO routing where the first leg is in F and the second leg is in D1, would that passenger be able to use the DCA SkyClub?
The rules are arguably ambiguous, but seem to explicitly only cover the domestic D1 flight itself and not any connections. At least one exception has been reported however... previous thread: SkyClub Access on non-DL One legs of transcon

Originally Posted by nrr
If you are Platinum or higher in AA and flying INTERNATIONAL you can access their FLAGSHIP lounges (located in a few US cities), the Flagship lounge is a step (or two) above the SC.
Ok, but this THREAD is about lounge access on DOMESTIC flights.
ijgordon and Adam1222 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
An AMEX Platinum card gives you SC access + priority pass lounge access, but through "rebate" promos you get $200 credit from flying plus $100 Dell credit every 6 months and other promos "every now and then".
This is probably your best option if you're planning to fly DL a lot, want lounge access, and aren't flying SFO-JFK all the time. This would also get you into the Centurion Lounge at SFO if you're ever flying out of T3.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cmd320
This is probably your best option if you're planning to fly DL a lot, want lounge access, and aren't flying SFO-JFK all the time. This would also get you into the Centurion Lounge at SFO if you're ever flying out of T3.
......and the wonderful JFK Centurion lounge on the way to the DL gates, plus a Saks $50 credit every six months IIRC, Hertz PC, access to PTS/FHR, etc. and generally good customer service. Let's not forget the generally very good Escape lounges that no longer are part of PP (thank goodness, now if MSP could just reopen someday).

Unfortunately the PP Select card doesn't give access to PP restaurant/bar arrangements in place of airport lounges.
cmd320 and viz like this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 11:43 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Yeah I would get the Amex Plat if I were the OP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.