Wiki Posts
Search

Delta flight 143 august 22

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2021, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: delta diamond, Hilton Diamond
Delta flight 143 august 22

Greetings I am trying to book Delta 143 from AMS to SEA on August 22 in Delta one. Says it is sold out and possibly oversold by 5? This seems odd. Then it looks like they might be swapping planes so could that possibly be the reason? Maybe they have not released the seats yet? Tried calling but over 4 hour wait on the diamond line. Thanks
Old May 26, 2021, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's also zero'd out on 8/5, 8/16, 8/28, and 8/30. They dropped AMS-PDX flight for August last weekend. Also, AMS-DTW/MSP had frequency reductions for August last weekend. These may have displaced pax onto AMS-SEA flights.
BenA likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; May 26, 2021 at 10:22 pm
Old May 26, 2021, 10:21 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
I noticed that seat charts show that on transatlantic flights to AMS D1 is much fuller this summer than Main or C+. On a couple of flights I checked D1 was at 75% capacity (with icons indicating that people actually had reserved those seats rather than that they were x-ed out) whereas Main and C+ was at 15% tops. Very unusual.
Old May 26, 2021, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PHXflier
I noticed that seat charts show that on transatlantic flights to AMS D1 is much fuller this summer than Main or C+. On a couple of flights I checked D1 was at 75% capacity (with icons indicating that people actually had reserved those seats rather than that they were x-ed out) whereas Main and C+ was at 15% tops. Very unusual.
Not unusual for this summer. Lots of people who haven't been able to travel, lots of unused GUCs, and nonstops being cancelled resulting in need to rebook via AMS.
Old May 29, 2021, 12:18 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood/Marriott Gold, AA, DL
I'm on that same route August 6th. They just switched the aircraft earlier this week from an A330-300, to an A330-900 neo. So it was a real nice surprise to get a D1 suite.
Old May 29, 2021, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's now some inventory on flights on 8/5 and 8/16, so they may open up some on 8/22 as they rebook people around due to schedule changes. However, there's quite a few dates in July and August in the SEA-AMS direction now zero'd out in J. Flights through September 8th are currently on A330-900neo vs A330-300. However, the main issue is likely all the flight cancellations to Europe and consolidation of already booked tickets as there's not that big of a difference in number of D1 seats (5) between the aircraft.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.