Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How long for Status Change after Reserve Bonus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2021, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX

Hello everyone-

Just received (literally this morning) by first of the new, higher 18,750 MQM bonuses from the Reserve card (for the $30k spend, so obviously I have passed the $25k threshold for the waiver). However, my account hasn't changed to the higher medallion status. I am currently at just over 81,000 MQMs and have a little over $30k in spend. I should be Platinum, right?

Any idea how long the process is to change from one level to the next? It has already updated my 2022 status to say "Platinum", but my current status still says Gold...

Thanks!
Old May 25, 2021, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Hello everyone-

Just received (literally this morning) by first of the new, higher 18,750 MQM bonuses from the Reserve card (for the $30k spend, so obviously I have passed the $25k threshold for the waiver). However, my account hasn't changed to the higher medallion status. I am currently at just over 81,000 MQMs and have a little over $30k in spend. I should be Platinum, right?

Any idea how long the process is to change from one level to the next? It has already updated my 2022 status to say "Platinum", but my current status still says Gold...

Thanks!
It usually clears overnight so check again tomorrow.
Old May 25, 2021, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Will do, thanks!
Old May 25, 2021, 7:11 am

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
I assume you already claimed the MQMs, correct?
gooselee and DiverDave like this.
Old May 25, 2021, 11:16 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jtrue28
I assume you already claimed the MQMs, correct?
i think mine posted automatically last month. I don't recall this gift option this year.

Though, we were also suppose to get 30K Skymiles as well? or just the MQMs?
Old May 25, 2021, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They are still giftable. If you don't claim within 30 days, they will automatically post to your account -- https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action
They dropped the 15K RDM boosts that went along with the MQM Boosts last year.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I've been out of the loop so long. I didn't know the MQM bonus went up from 15k, and that the spending threshold dropped from $30k to $25k. Nice! Anything else that I have missed in my absence (apart from the accelerator benefits I just saw)?

I know, I should have never stopped paying attention!
Old May 26, 2021, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CrazyEddie
I've been out of the loop so long. I didn't know the MQM bonus went up from 15k, and that the spending threshold dropped from $30k to $25k. Nice! Anything else that I have missed in my absence (apart from the accelerator benefits I just saw)?

$30K is still the spend threshold for the Reserve MQM Boosts. $25K is the spend threshold for Platinum MQM Boosts. Perhaps you were thinking about that card. $25K is also the MQD Waiver threshold. They bumped the Boost to 18.5K MQMs for Reserve cards this year up from 15K MQMs. However, the RDM boosts were dropped last year. Plat card MQM Boosts are 12.5K MQMs this year instead of normal 10K MQMs.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 3:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie

The Reserve MQM bonus is still 15k, but DL has boosted it for 2021. The threshold for each bonus is still $30k. The MQD waiver is $25k.
Old May 26, 2021, 3:28 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Thanks xliioper and DCAproducer . I should have done a bit more digging.
Old May 26, 2021, 5:57 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by xliioper
They are still giftable. If you don't claim within 30 days, they will automatically post to your account.
Is that the same for the Amex Plat? I'm about to hit $25k on it for the first time ever
Old May 26, 2021, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
If it's the reserve make sure you go on the site and deposit the MQMs to your account. You have like a month to gift them and then they automatically go into your account but you tell Delta to deposit them into your account. After that you should see the change within a day.
Old May 26, 2021, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Crossinator
Is that the same for the Amex Plat? I'm about to hit $25k on it for the first time ever
No. The DL Amex Plat MQM Boost is not giftable and posts automatically shortly after crossing threshold.
Crossinator likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Yup, by the following morning it said "Platinum"... What a great feeling. First time as a Platinum Medallion. Looking forward to the Choice Benefits, etc.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 7:00 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Yup, by the following morning it said "Platinum"... What a great feeling. First time as a Platinum Medallion. Looking forward to the Choice Benefits, etc.
Don't get too excited. I expect there will be more Platinums than ever, next year (with all the rollover and bonuses). Be sure to do a search for what to choose and when to choose your Choice Benefits. You don't necessarily want to pick them right away, depending upon which benefit you decide to take.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.