Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Seat Assignment Air France or KLM (operated by Delta)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Assignment Air France or KLM (operated by Delta)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by BER Flyer
Correct. The AF/KL "light" fares are mirroring the "Basic Economy" fares by Delta - no seat selection until DOD.
Originally Posted by AviationFreak
Not entirely true - non-elites can pay for seat assignment on light fares ahead of time using the AF/KL website (except for some flights, like those operated by Hop). Silver and Gold members can assign standard seats for free; Plat+ can assign any seat (incl. exit row, etc.) for free.
Not sure I want to publicize this, but I've booked AF/KL/AZ (Back when AZ was part of the TATL JV) lite fares on a DL operated flight, which was the exact same price as the Basic Economy ticket on DL, and I was able to book my seats without problem. I had status at the time. I can't remember what level right now, but I was SkyTeam Elite+, so at least Gold.
Old May 20, 2021, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Weekend Away
Not sure I want to publicize this, but I've booked AF/KL/AZ (Back when AZ was part of the TATL JV) lite fares on a DL operated flight, which was the exact same price as the Basic Economy ticket on DL, and I was able to book my seats without problem. I had status at the time. I can't remember what level right now, but I was SkyTeam Elite+, so at least Gold.
Not sure how long ago, but at least AF/KL and DL fixed this a year or so ago.
BigFlyer likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Not sure how long ago, but at least AF/KL and DL fixed this a year or so ago.
Pre-Covid. My last international flight was 18 months ago. Booked that one, probably 20-22 months ago. So that must've been two years ago? Sometime in 2019. So, dang it!
Old May 21, 2021, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone! Thank you very much for your helpful advice!
I went ahead and booked my tickets from AF and out of caution, took the "Standard" fare. It was only $100 difference so no biggie (but the AF site specifically did not mention the ability to book seats until you select "Flex"). As soon as I paid, I got an option on the AF portal to select seats through Delta's website. Something along the lines of "Please click here to select your seats from Delta". Delta immediately had a PNR and I was able to select seats as if it was directly booked with Delta.

Interestingly enough, when selecting seats on Delta, I noticed a number of seats had "X" through them and seemed to be blocked by Delta - separate from seats already booked. All of Comfort was a combination of X or booked. Didn't even have the option to pay for those seats.
Old May 16, 2023, 1:17 am

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum
Reviving an old thread from 21 but noticed today on the AF app that I was able to select my seat for my DL operated flight directly on the app instead of going through the DL website (mixed itinerary EU-JFK with AF outbound and DL inbound).

I cant remember if that was a thing pre-covid or if they made a new dev allowing this?
In any case, a nice perk to avoid app+DL website (which is buggy as soon as you leave the US since they wanna redirect you to the local one)
Old May 16, 2023, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vic.d
Reviving an old thread from 21 but noticed today on the AF app that I was able to select my seat for my DL operated flight directly on the app instead of going through the DL website (mixed itinerary EU-JFK with AF outbound and DL inbound).

I cant remember if that was a thing pre-covid or if they made a new dev allowing this?
In any case, a nice perk to avoid app+DL website (which is buggy as soon as you leave the US since they wanna redirect you to the local one)
Definitely new. I couldn't do it as of last month. (Only AF/KL operated could be done)
vic.d likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.