Search

a321 WiFi Problems?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2021, 2:44 pm
TBD
Original Poster

Programs: All The Programs
a321 WiFi Problems?

Only one of four recent flights had working WiFi. All flights on an a321. Not over water, so no reason for signal loss.
Is something going on with these planes?
Old May 16, 2021, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Some A321s are being delivered without Wi-Fi. Delta is in the beginning stages of a massive changeover from GoGo to Viasat. No sense having GoGo installed on the recent deliveries. Good news is the first Viasat bird just finished installation and work on more planes will ramp up quickly.
Mountain Explorer likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 6:04 pm

Programs: RDM AS 100K - 1MM / DL DM - 3MM / Marriott Ambassador - Lifetime Titanium Elite
I was told same thing last week on a new A321 by the lead flight attendant.
Old May 17, 2021, 7:57 am
TBD
Original Poster

Programs: All The Programs
That makes some sense - on the second no-wifi flight, the FA said "this is a brand new a321, so there's no wifi".
My seat opponent and I looked at each other with a bit of confusion.

Compared to UA and AA, Delta was already far more reliable. Why the change to Viasat?
Old May 17, 2021, 8:41 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by TBD
That makes some sense - on the second no-wifi flight, the FA said "this is a brand new a321, so there's no wifi".
My seat opponent and I looked at each other with a bit of confusion.

Compared to UA and AA, Delta was already far more reliable. Why the change to Viasat?
According to Delta, gate-to-gate streaming-capable speeds! That combined with a negotiated cost benefit that will allow DL to move ahead with its plan to make WiFi free fleetwide
Old May 17, 2021, 9:14 am

Programs: Delta PM
Was on two A321's last night and wifi worked great. (For reference, they were both between 3-4 years of age)
Old May 17, 2021, 10:23 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by itsabravenewworld
According to Delta, gate-to-gate streaming-capable speeds! That combined with a negotiated cost benefit that will allow DL to move ahead with its plan to make WiFi free fleetwide
Delta says significantly more bandwidth than what they have now. They are planning to upgrade 300 planes over the next 6 months, so it seems like they're quite committed to this
Old May 17, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by itsabravenewworld
My guess is that Delta will make basic service free. Streaming quality service will be an add on charge.
itsabravenewworld likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.