Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Flight Change caused internline downgrade, any options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2021, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Flight change now includes interline with Hawaiian to cover my last leg. My original flight was booked in First (I) all the way, but due to a schedule change Saturday I needed to rebook and I was told that only economy was available on my HNL-LIH leg.

The flight is wide open in F based on the Hawaiian site, if do a dummy booking on delta, it shows the flight in F the entire way, including the flight I'm on.

I guess my question - how hard to I push to get into F. It is a short flight, but it would complete the experience. There are 3 of us, so I'm not sure capacity is limited in some way for an interline..?

Any thoughts?
Old May 5, 2021, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jiggs
Flight change now includes interline with Hawaiian to cover my last leg. My original flight was booked in First (I) all the way, but due to a schedule change Saturday I needed to rebook and I was told that only economy was available on my HNL-LIH leg.

The flight is wide open in F based on the Hawaiian site, if do a dummy booking on delta, it shows the flight in F the entire way, including the flight I'm on.

I guess my question - how hard to I push to get into F. It is a short flight, but it would complete the experience. There are 3 of us, so I'm not sure capacity is limited in some way for an interline..?

Any thoughts?
If you do dummy booking is it for three seats? Also is it showing the HNL-LIH with a DL coded flight number or HA? I know before CV19 HA limited the number of F seats carriers could book using the carrier's codeshare flight number. (It was generally 2 F seats per each carrier codeshare number) Only by booking using the HA number could book rest.
Old May 5, 2021, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Yes, the dummy booking was for 3 seats. It is showing DL coded as DL6820, Operated by Hawaiian in (J).
Old May 5, 2021, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Did you provide them with the specific flight info and say that it shows up on the DL website as bookable? I'd try calling back, although you may be on hold forever.
Spiff likes this.
Old May 5, 2021, 11:03 am
Original Poster

yes, through chat I asked for that flight specifically and the rep said she could not confirm the seats in J, only in economy. Not sure if it is because there are 3 of us, or something else is influencing it. I didn't push back to hard to see if there was someone else with authority to make it happen, but maybe I'll see if I can get in the call-back queue and see if I can get help.
Old May 6, 2021, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by jiggs

Any thoughts?
When DL discontinued their NRT-BKK route which I had booked using a GUC, I called and they honored my J upgrade by rebooking me in J on ANA. It's worth calling since it was not a change you requested.
Old May 6, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: DL DM
Agreed I would call back and escalate to a supervisor. You paid for F and they should make it right, or offer a refund.
Old May 6, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Agreed I would call back and escalate to a supervisor. You paid for F and they should make it right, or offer a refund.
My only experience with being interlined on a FC ticket was due to IROPS. Rules may be different for a schedule change.

Delta absolutely would not book me into F on another airline. They would book me into F on Delta metal the next day, but not on another airline. I pushed and they absolutely would not budge.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.