Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Changeable Fare Question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2021, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Delta Changeable Fare Question

Hi all.

I need a bit of advice. I will be traveling to Europe in August to visit my parents. My mom would like to fly back with me then spend a couple of weeks here in the US.
I'm a permanent resident but my mother is a French citizen so, as of today, she is not allowed in the USA.

I was thinking about booking a ticket for her NCE > MKE on August 18, return to NCE on September 1.
She is fully vaccinated so if the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, she would be able to come (I suppose).

If the borders are still closed by then, what are my options with this "changeable / nonrefundable" ticket? Could I simply call Delta and push the ticket back to a later month? Are Delta vouchers an option at all? Any advice would be welcome!

Thanks for your insight!
Old Apr 28, 2021, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL DM
For a changeable/nonrefundable ticket, you could cancel the reservation and hold the ticket for future use. (I think all travel would to be completed by December 31, 2021. There would be no penalties, but it would be subject to additional air fare. It would also be nontransferable.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
For a changeable/nonrefundable ticket, you could cancel the reservation and hold the ticket for future use. (I think all travel would to be completed by December 31, 2021. There would be no penalties, but it would be subject to additional air fare. It would also be nontransferable.
Thanks for the info. Why December 31 and not 12 months?
Old Apr 28, 2021, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Change fee waiver is only officially in place for tickets which originates in US, although I'm not seeing in current change fees on fares from NCE. While there are no change fees, you will be subject to any fare difference. The state of border situation will not result in a waiver of fare difference. The cheapest seasonal U fares have a 45-day advance purchase requirement.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper
Change fee waiver is only officially in place for tickets which originates in US, although I'm not seeing in current change fees on fares from NCE. While there are no change fees, you will be subject to any fare difference. The state of border situation will not result in a waiver of fare difference. The cheapest seasonal U fares have a 45-day advance purchase requirement.
Thank you. I don't mind paying the fare difference if needed. We book in D1 so the fare would likely be Z for the cheaper ones.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by FabCW
Thanks for the info. Why December 31 and not 12 months?
Sorry, typo on that email. Tickets currently purchased on Delta will not expire until December 31, 2022. (Not 2021). Usually airline policy is 12 months from the date of purchase. Delta has (temporarily) changed that provision.
MSPeconomist and FabCW like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.