Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Misconnect at ATL and Overnight Stay--Good Story

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2021, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence

I was flying DAB-ATL-CHO on Sunday 4/25/21. The ATL-DAB-ATL turnaround was almost 80 minutes late arriving at DAB. It took an hour to deplane the passengers, clean the interior of the plane, and board the ATL pax. We pushed back at 1925 (scheduled time was 1838( but ATL ATC would not let us take off until 1946. The captain indicated that the flight would take 62 minutes; we touched down on rwy 27L at 2049, and reached gate B7 soon after that. I was in the concourse at 2058. My onward flight to CHO left from D30. I made it all the way to concourse D by 2106, but when I got to D30 my flight had departed.

I went to the SkyClub at D27 and told the nice concierge my tale of woe. She handed me a seat request for this morning's 1000 departure to CHO and a voucher for a room at the Marriott Gateway Center. I was grateful for the room but was apprehensive about trying to find this place in the dark. Fortunately, it turned out that this hotel was part of a group of six hotels arrayed around the midpoint station on the people mover between the ATL terminal and its rental car facility. This turned out to be the most convenient involuntary overnight stay I've ever had on Delta.

This morning, I found out that the CHO flight was leaving from F14. It turns out that a ride on the Plane Train from one end to the other takes only 6 minutes. I had a really good time at the SkyDeck in the F SkyClub. The 71 minute scheduled flight to CHO only took 61 minutes, and the trip was really pleasant, even though I was #3 on the list for 0 F upgrade seats (I did sit in C+).
Old Apr 26, 2021, 11:39 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ND76
I was flying DAB-ATL-CHO on Sunday 4/25/21. The ATL-DAB-ATL turnaround was almost 80 minutes late arriving at DAB. It took an hour to deplane the passengers, clean the interior of the plane, and board the ATL pax. We pushed back at 1925 (scheduled time was 1838( but ATL ATC would not let us take off until 1946. The captain indicated that the flight would take 62 minutes; we touched down on rwy 27L at 2049, and reached gate B7 soon after that. I was in the concourse at 2058. My onward flight to CHO left from D30. I made it all the way to concourse D by 2106, but when I got to D30 my flight had departed.

I went to the SkyClub at D27 and told the nice concierge my tale of woe. She handed me a seat request for this morning's 1000 departure to CHO and a voucher for a room at the Marriott Gateway Center. I was grateful for the room but was apprehensive about trying to find this place in the dark. Fortunately, it turned out that this hotel was part of a group of six hotels arrayed around the midpoint station on the people mover between the ATL terminal and its rental car facility. This turned out to be the most convenient involuntary overnight stay I've ever had on Delta.

This morning, I found out that the CHO flight was leaving from F14. It turns out that a ride on the Plane Train from one end to the other takes only 6 minutes. I had a really good time at the SkyDeck in the F SkyClub. The 71 minute scheduled flight to CHO only took 61 minutes, and the trip was really pleasant, even though I was #3 on the list for 0 F upgrade seats (I did sit in C+).
Glad you had a great experience. I use the Gateway Center Hotels for all of my involuntary overnight stays at ATL since it's so easy! It's actually a pleasure!
Old Apr 27, 2021, 6:15 am

I have seen the hotels from the train. Are there covered walkways to help stay out of the rain?
Old Apr 27, 2021, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by xooz
I have seen the hotels from the train. Are there covered walkways to help stay out of the rain?
There was between the station and the Marriott.
xooz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.