seat reservations gone? = no seat map

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2021, 8:15 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
seat reservations gone? = no seat map

I have two future bookings as part of a DL Vacation package between JFK and LAS. The seats which I selected are "gone", there is a note that the flights are on a "partner" hence NO seat map, "contact DL Vacations".
For each booking I'm in PAID D1/FC. Do any "partners" fly n/s between JFK and LAS?
This may sort out by itself. (Change of aircraft(?))
PS: Yesterday the seat map was intact.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
I have two future bookings as part of a DL Vacation package between JFK and LAS. The seats which I selected are "gone", there is a note that the flights are on a "partner" hence NO seat map, "contact DL Vacations".
For each booking I'm in PAID D1/FC. Do any "partners" fly n/s between JFK and LAS?
This may sort out by itself. (Change of aircraft(?))
PS: Yesterday the seat map was intact.
No, there are zero partners flying that route. Is there a way you somehow were booked on a codeshare of the same flight? Still should be able to get seats though.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 8:36 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cmd320
No, there are zero partners flying that route. Is there a way you somehow were booked on a codeshare of the same flight? Still should be able to get seats though.
I booked them in early April (just after the accelerator promo was opened). On www.delta.com NO seats are selectable; on the app (on my iphone) the D1 seats are selectable (and still what I originally chose), but the "normal" FC seats are NOT.
Wishful thinking, maybe the "normal" FCs are going D1.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nrr
I booked them in early April (just after the accelerator promo was opened). On www.delta.com NO seats are selectable; on the app (on my iphone) the D1 seats are selectable (and still what I originally chose), but the "normal" FC seats are NOT.
Wishful thinking, maybe the "normal" FCs are going D1.
DL planes only have one premium cabin, D1 or F. There's no aircraft with both D1 and F cabins.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 10:23 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
DL planes only have one premium cabin, D1 or F. There's no aircraft with both D1 and F cabins.
My seat on JFK-LAS is D1, LAS-JFK is F; on the APP the D1 seats are blue, the F seas are black (which I thought were non-selectable). In any case on www.delta.com for anything related to seating I’m directed to co9ntact DL Vacations.
I wil call DL Vacations (their hold times are shorter than the DL DM line.]
Old Apr 17, 2021, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nrr
My seat on JFK-LAS is D1, LAS-JFK is F; on the APP the D1 seats are blue, the F seas are black (which I thought were non-selectable). In any case on www.delta.com for anything related to seating I’m directed to co9ntact DL Vacations.
I wil call DL Vacations (their hold times are shorter than the DL DM line.]
Ah, ok. The post was a bit confusing.

As it's Saturday (I know this was a bit early on Friday) it's likely a result of schedule change being loaded. They could be getting rid of flight, changing equipment, or moving time. The seat map gets locked a lot of times. I would wait till Sunday or Monday.

Are you sure nothing has changed for this flight? Flight number? Etc? It may be telling to contact DLV due to needing ticket reissued.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:44 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

On 4/18/21 I did have a flight change [several days after my post #1]. On www.delta.com, each time I try to view the itn the DATE changes: 12/21, next 5/7 etc., even though the flts. #s are now updated, they have me leaving and returning on the same day, arriving in LAS after I've departed.
On the APP everything is correct.
Yesterday, after 1 hour on hold with DL Vacations, I hung up--I'll try again today; there is no callback option.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nrr
On 4/18/21 I did have a flight change [several days after my post #1]. On www.delta.com, each time I try to view the itn the DATE changes: 12/21, next 5/7 etc., even though the flts. #s are now updated, they have me leaving and returning on the same day, arriving in LAS after I've departed.
On the APP everything is correct.
Yesterday, after 1 hour on hold with DL Vacations, I hung up--I'll try again today; there is no callback option.
Something is out of sync in your reservation and thus it's telling you to call.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 2:30 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sort of follow up:
After 10 tries I got through to DL Vacations 800# (busy, call didn't go through etc. messages) and 2 hours on hold, DL is having an issue with synchronizing with DL Vacations mainly on www.delta.com.
I have 2 DL Vacation itns, one just had a flt change--both show no seat maps and imply that I'm flying on a "partner" airline. Since my first itn is in late May hopefully things get sorted out by then. DL Vacations use "exception" MQD method, plus accelerator bonus have higher value than regular ticketing and at a lower cost.

Last edited by nrr; Apr 19, 2021 at 4:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.