Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Update on Delta Covid Test Kits

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2021, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, "alum" of high status with UA but not any more
I (an American) am currently in Ukraine for a week. I thought about ordering one of those self-tests to bring with me, but I just wasn't confident it'd be accepted, and I did not want to have some kind of problem when checking in at Kyiv Boryspil Airport in the middle of the night for my 5:45 AM KLM flight to AMS. I'm just going to get a PCR test locally (fortunately I have acquaintances here in Kyiv who can help me with logistics).

Frankly, it strikes me that it is ridiculous that the CDC mandates a negative COVID test for vaccinated American citizens. Yes, Delta variant, bla bla bla . . . but how long will this go on? It is a significant hindrance to international travel when you will need to navigate the logistics of booking a compliant COVID test in a foreign land, and take the risk of a false positive that could strand you overseas for two weeks.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 6:32 am

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by hensleyrob
Did you use the BinaxNOW Home Test?
Yes the one from eMed.com with the guided test results (download the app, etc).
hensleyrob likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Tried the Delta Ellume test for the first time on a trip back from PLS. Very convenient to use and was nice to do it from a hotel room.

The check-in lady at PLS was very confused with the paperwork, but she wasn't getting any employee of the year awards to begin with. Took her about 35 minutes to check in 5 couples.

Uploaded the results to Delta's trustassure site and got a green confirmed checkmark, but that continues to be a waste of time as that info doesn't seem to go anywhere, nor does your reservation get coded as approved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.