Search

LAX Dining Late in the Day

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2021, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL,US
LAX Dining Late in the Day

Hi Team-

Can't seem to find any recent updates. I am connecting thru LAX tonight 7-11pm to take the redeye to get home to NYC. Got caught up in the storm IRROPS yesterday.

Does anyone know if there is anything to eat at LAX T2 in the evening? Last time I went through there in the evening it was Starbucks only, but with the dining situation in SoCal relaxing maybe things have changed.

Otherwise, I gotta carry a skyclub picnic with me from far away

Thanks!

Last edited by PupManS; Feb 2, 2021 at 12:59 pm Reason: Specified terminal
Old Feb 2, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Emirates, Jet Blue, United, IHG
Besides Starbucks, the only other place is "Slapfish" (a seafood place), typically closes at 8:30pm. And the little mart that sells drinks/sundries/to-go sandwiches/cheese snack-trays from a cooler...sometimes they stay open until 9:45pm but sometimes I've seen them close early (even when arriving at the airport at a little after 7pm. So it was just Slapfish and Starbucks). Plus the Skyclub, of course, which is where I get most of my food for the plane.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 5:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
Leave the terminal and walk to the nearby In-N-Out burger joint just north of terminal #1... Its about a 15-20 min walk but reachable by foot and a nice view of the flights coming in....
Old Feb 2, 2021, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL,US
Originally Posted by Hepsaint
Leave the terminal and walk to the nearby In-N-Out burger joint just north of terminal #1... Its about a 15-20 min walk but reachable by foot and a nice view of the flights coming in....
I know the in n out well but with a toddler, wife and mother in law in tow it's a bit more challenge than I care to tackle.
Thanks for the idea tho!
Hepsaint likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
Isn't it just drive-thru only right now meaning you need a car to get food?
Old Feb 2, 2021, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
Isn't it just drive-thru only right now meaning you need a car to get food?
Can’t say that one for sure, but the one by my house in So Cal has more than drive through. There is no eat in, but take out is available and out door dining is allowed.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.

Last edited by El Boocho; Feb 3, 2021 at 9:35 am
Old Feb 2, 2021, 9:50 pm

is it really just a 20 min walk? I’ve never done the walk, but it seems further.

Edited to add: just mapped it and google maps said terminal 2 to in n out is 26 mins. I imagine a fast walker could easily shave a few mins off that time. Though you need to escape terminal 2 which takes a few mins on its own. Terminal 3 would be further by maybe 4-5 mins.
CPMaverick likes this.

Last edited by El Boocho; Feb 3, 2021 at 9:36 am
Old Feb 3, 2021, 2:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
The only place so far I was - luckily almost only - mugged in LA (thanks to god hopefully it'll stay that way) was when I tried to do some plane spotting behind the Renaissance and went to the runway by foot and that was during broad daylight. Stupidly enough I did this after coming out of the Marriott M Club so I was carrying my laptop openly - well lesson learnt. My Uber drivers told me thought that the airport is safe (I guess you as LAX airport pros know that anyway) only the surrounding areas are a bit questionable especially at night.

I believe it's a different direction to the burger joint but since then I am hesitant to walk around at LAX
Old Feb 3, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
Its a brisk pace and i wouldn't bring people in tow as im a fast walker. So long as you are not dragging a steamer trunk its doable, but i would make sure to have at least two hours free time between flights to actually enjoy your food and then be able to sit in the nearby greenspace to watch the planes land. You can actually take the parking lot shuttle next door which i think is "The Parking Spot" and then walk back and save a few steps..
Old Feb 3, 2021, 9:58 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
You can actually take the parking lot shuttle next door which i think is "The Parking Spot" and then walk back and save a few steps..
There's a consolidated LAX In N Out thread in the Los Angeles forum:
How do you do an In-N-Out run from LAX or other LA area airports? [merged threads]

According to its wiki, "Effective May 2015, Parking Spot has implemented a customer-only policy for its shuttles at LAX. This effectively means In-N-Out Burger runs via Parking Spot Shuttle will come to an end."
​​​​​
Old Feb 3, 2021, 10:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I once walked to this area (there are some stores and a small strip mall with a grocery store and a drugstore IIRC plus a few casual restaurants) from the LAX Sheraton in daylight and I did not feel comfortable at times. I was alone and did not have any luggage with me. I remember it as about a half hour walk each way.
Hepsaint likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 3:04 pm

"Inglewood always up to no good" - Tupac (RIP)
bman1002 and koreanair720 like this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
I was just in there a couple weeks ago, I believe Slap Fish was open until 8 or 9p and then the only place that was open was the bar at the end of the terminal. They had a limited menu but had some deep fried food, hamburgers and a few other things. They were also serving limited drinks (beer, etc.) but you had to buy peanuts to eat w/ them due to the COVID ordinance at that time. I think they were open until 10p.

Got most of my stuff from the SkyClub, but you were allowed to eat or drink in the club, had to go outside the club to eat and drink. No alcohol.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 8:51 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by NWAsilvELITE
I was just in there a couple weeks ago, I believe Slap Fish was open until 8 or 9p and then the only place that was open was the bar at the end of the terminal. They had a limited menu but had some deep fried food, hamburgers and a few other things. They were also serving limited drinks (beer, etc.) but you had to buy peanuts to eat w/ them due to the COVID ordinance at that time. I think they were open until 10p.

Got most of my stuff from the SkyClub, but you were allowed to eat or drink in the club, had to go outside the club to eat and drink. No alcohol.
I was at the LAX SkyClub in late January and was baffled by the "No eating in the club" rule. I get that the state had the no indoor dining rule, but it made no sense that you can't eat while IN the club but they could give you a baggie so you could go site OUTSIDE the club and eat. Seems it would be safer to eat in where there are less people.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 6:48 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by El Boocho
"Inglewood always up to no good" - Tupac (RIP)
Close, but it's actually Dr. Dre who says that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.