Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ecredit Redemption/Website Issues/Questions/Multiple ECredits - Consolidated Threads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
Originally Posted by mrwhizzard View Post
Just a quick follow-up in case anyone else is in this situation. On the website, I found that I was able to use up to 3 different eCredits, for 3 different passengers, to book a new flight. Of course, I have 4 passengers to rebook, but at least this lets me do it in two transactions instead of 4.

To do this, go to https://www.delta.com/edocs/redeem-documents, then click "+Add a Certificate or eCredit" (keeping in mind, it won't save eCredits for other people in your wallet, so you can't enter them ahead of time). Once you have the 3 entered that you want to use, click the checkmark next to those three, and click "Continue" at the bottom of the page.
Print Wikipost

Ecredit Redemption/Website Issues/Questions/Multiple ECredits - Consolidated Threads

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2021, 11:27 am

Delta Airlines ECredits?

So about a year ago or so, I booked a flight with Delta and then cancelled it since it was free to do so with the pandemic going on. And you get to use the ecredit in the future... i believe it was up to a year.... then changed to two years? Well last time i booked a delta flight and used a portion of the ecredit. But when im looking at flights now on my delta account, i don't see this ecredit? I tried to pick a flight to see how much ecredit i have... but when i do this, it shows no ecredit at all? I assume i need that ecredit voucher number from a year ago or so in order to do this? I want to see what my balance is and when it is good up to.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Try this: https://www.delta.com/myprofile/certificates

(Sometimes instead of a number, it will say: Credit value can't be determined. In that case, you just have to call in)
Old Mar 29, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Too late for this advice, but for the future: Always record your ticket number and amount of e-credit left for future reference. I've run into the situation multiple times where even the CS rep couldn't find the e-credit until I supplied the ticket number. And I can double check that the amount they're crediting me is equal to the amount I expect.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 2:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM & 2.4M+ Miles - Bonvoy - Lifetime Titanium - DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by safigan
Too late for this advice, but for the future: Always record your ticket number and amount of e-credit left for future reference. I've run into the situation multiple times where even the CS rep couldn't find the e-credit until I supplied the ticket number. And I can double check that the amount they're crediting me is equal to the amount I expect.
You can always check your receipts to reconcile your e-credits
Old Mar 29, 2021, 5:44 pm

Programs: Delta DM (3 MM) ; Sky Club (Lifetime)
I recently had a great (Diamond) agent volunteer to look up the value of an e credit since it was not showing on my website profile. She patiently read me the ticket number (for further reference) and the amount. I've since started an Excel spreadsheet (with ticket numbers) since I've been trying to burn through about $3,000 worth of interest free loans to Ed.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 9:28 am

Programs: DL FO
I have an ecredit that was supposed to epxire 5/2021. I just looked in my profile and it now expires 12/2022. Sweet!
Old Mar 30, 2021, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
I noticed the same thing today. One of my e-credits was for a ticket purchased a few days after the 04/17/20 cut-off date Delta had used for extension of e-credits to Dec 2022, so it was set to expire unused in about three weeks from now. I happened to look at my account this morning and found that the expiration date had been extended to the same 12/31/2022 date as all my other e-credits. An unexpected, pleasant surprise.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 5:59 pm

Emailed flight receipts always include the voucher number.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 6:35 pm

This worked for me! Thank you (same issue in April 2021). You have to apply the e-credit first, then search for your tickets - it is a name thing - the rep entered my middle name as if it was part of my first name. Stupid system!
Old Apr 13, 2021, 8:35 am

Changing/cancelling ticket booked with ecredit

Do you know if we can cancel a ticket used with ecredit (from a 2020 covid cancellation) and receive the ticket amount back as another ecredit?

Delta has changed our itinerary 3 times to an unacceptable time and length. Unable to get any customer service help via phone or social media x 3 days. Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mblbmd
Do you know if we can cancel a ticket used with ecredit (from a 2020 covid cancellation) and receive the ticket amount back as another ecredit?

Delta has changed our itinerary 3 times to an unacceptable time and length. Unable to get any customer service help via phone or social media x 3 days. Thanks.
If you cancel a ticket it'll remain as that ticket and will show up in ecredit section. An ecredit is what either a voucher issued for something or an unused eticket where reservation is cancelled are called.
mblbmd likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 9:10 am

So then I should be able to cancel it and rebook a different itinerary now that they hanged my initial one to be unacceptable without penalty?

thanks for your help.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 9:18 am

So then I should be able to cancel it and rebook a different itinerary now that they hanged my initial one to be unacceptable without penalty?

thanks for your help.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mblbmd

thanks for your help.
If you mean even exchange, you must contact DL. Your question only asked if value would show up as an ecredit. It will, but then you must contact DL to rebook for no cost.

DL has had to deal with weather last few days. I'd try once weather goes away to get through.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 9:25 am

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.