Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ecredit Redemption/Website Issues/Questions/Multiple ECredits - Consolidated Threads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
Originally Posted by mrwhizzard View Post
Just a quick follow-up in case anyone else is in this situation. On the website, I found that I was able to use up to 3 different eCredits, for 3 different passengers, to book a new flight. Of course, I have 4 passengers to rebook, but at least this lets me do it in two transactions instead of 4.

To do this, go to https://www.delta.com/edocs/redeem-documents, then click "+Add a Certificate or eCredit" (keeping in mind, it won't save eCredits for other people in your wallet, so you can't enter them ahead of time). Once you have the 3 entered that you want to use, click the checkmark next to those three, and click "Continue" at the bottom of the page.
Print Wikipost

Ecredit Redemption/Website Issues/Questions/Multiple ECredits - Consolidated Threads

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2020, 7:08 pm

Using multiple eCredits

I have five eCredits for cancelled flights for a family of five. I want to re-book a flight and apply the eCredits to the new flight. Delta rules, however, are that you have to select eCredits prior to selecting a flight and that you can only use 3 eCredits per passenger. As such, there's no way to select five eCredits all at once. Is there any way to do this? The only thing I can think of is to make two separate reservations for our family.
Old May 28, 2020, 8:50 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
I actually asked a Delta rep the question about combining credits for the same person, and was basically told not currently but they were trying to see if they could easily update the software to do that.

Long story short, on the Delta side the e-credit is just an unused ticket with a change fee of $0 manually assigned to it. Since each credit is a ticket, that is why two credits cannot be combined.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 8:54 pm

This doesn't seem to work for me. First, it's disappointing that delta.com doesn't associate eCredits with my SkyMiles account automatically when I cancel a ticket (well, sometimes it does but not always), so I have to track them in a spreadsheet and manually enter them on the redeem page. However, when I do enter them, I can only check the box next to one of them. Whenever I check one eCredit, the checkboxes for the others disappear and there's a message at the top of the page that reads "Only Certificates or eCredits that can be combined with your current selections are selectable". I'm the passenger on all of the eCredits so it is odd that it won't let me combine them. There's a 5 hour wait on the Gold reservations line, unfortunately.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 3:46 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by worldcurious
This doesn't seem to work for me. First, it's disappointing that delta.com doesn't associate eCredits with my SkyMiles account automatically when I cancel a ticket (well, sometimes it does but not always), so I have to track them in a spreadsheet and manually enter them on the redeem page. However, when I do enter them, I can only check the box next to one of them. Whenever I check one eCredit, the checkboxes for the others disappear and there's a message at the top of the page that reads "Only Certificates or eCredits that can be combined with your current selections are selectable". I'm the passenger on all of the eCredits so it is odd that it won't let me combine them. There's a 5 hour wait on the Gold reservations line, unfortunately.
I’m having the same issue. I have a bunch of small credits due to changes during COVID that could actually pay for a ticket if they were all combined. Any way to have luck with this?
Old Jul 28, 2020, 4:03 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by allseas1586
I’m having the same issue. I have a bunch of small credits due to changes during COVID that could actually pay for a ticket if they were all combined. Any way to have luck with this?
Have you tried calling in? I believe this is something a phone agent can handle.

EDIT: although a couple posts above someone said they were unable to, hmm.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 4:56 pm

I was able to do it over the phone. It sounded like it was tedious for them too, but they were able.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 5:01 pm

Yes, this is definitely possible - I’ve done this several times myself.

1) This requires a phone call. You cannot do this online.

2) Tell the Res agent what you want to do at the beginning of the call so they know what they’re dealing with.

3) In my experience, usually, the first agent sets up the PNR and the framework of your new reservation, then you get transferred to another “desk” with authority to collect funds from all the existing eCredits and any additional funds required to issue the ticket.

It takes patience but it works!
Old Jul 30, 2020, 6:07 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
If you are determined enough -- YES you can combine multiple credits (named to the same person), ONLINE, into a single ticket - and I am specifically referring to those credits that are not readily/officially combinable.

Let's say you have these credits to use:
Credit 1 - $100
Credit 2 - $100
Credit 3 - $100

...and you want to buy a ticket that costs $325.

* You need to first find some flight on Delta which costs as close to $100 as you can get - let's say you find a $101 flight on any route....book it, use Credit 1 and pay $1.
* Then, change your flight online (within 24 hrs) to some new route where the ticket costs as close to $201 as possible. Complete the change using credit 2 and pay any overage.
* Finally, change the ticket again, online (within 24 hrs) to your true and final itinerary - use the 3rd credit, pay any overage.

Sometimes, you may use almost the whole credit but not quite and be left with $1, $2, $3 unused...a worthwhile loss for the convenience IMHO.

(Risks -- Don't make any mistakes while you are in the process of your first, second, third flight bookings. Also - ONLY book MAIN CABIN or FIRST fares each time. Do not use Basic or Comfort as your stepping-stone flights. If you find a "right price" but it's Comfort or Basic - the website probably won't process those changes properly and you'll get stuck at a dead end and have to call Delta and explain your hackery. If you later need to cancel this flight -- you may or may not be able to cancel it online, because you may not get everything credited correctly. You'll want to handle any later changes on the phone...things could get complicated and the Delta agents may get confused or, just mostly likely, will not be able to refund this ticket or roll it back to previous states. In my experience, the best thing to do in this confusion is just to explain that you modified your ticket multiple times in order to combine ecredits. A likely scenario is that you'll get a new credit to use in the future for $350. Which is still a better outcome than multiple smaller credits.)

But this works great if you are 100% sure of what you are doing and don't make any mistakes I don't think this is breaking any rules as far as I can tell, just a delta.com lifehack.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by spongenotbob
Yes, this is definitely possible - I’ve done this several times myself.

1) This requires a phone call. You cannot do this online.

2) Tell the Res agent what you want to do at the beginning of the call so they know what they’re dealing with.

3) In my experience, usually, the first agent sets up the PNR and the framework of your new reservation, then you get transferred to another “desk” with authority to collect funds from all the existing eCredits and any additional funds required to issue the ticket.

It takes patience but it works!
I called and did just this. They found the flights I wanted, took the 4 (!!) eCredit numbers I had and put me on hold. In total I was only on the phone about 15 minutes so it was easy.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 6:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2.5MM
Multiple credits can be applied when booking

I just booked a ticket today and the agent let me know that they can now apply up to 5 eCredits (Unused eTickets) when booking a flight. This is great for those who have ended up with multiple credits resulting from cancelling and rebooking tickets). The agent indicated that this was effective August 6. I was able to apply 3 eCredits/unused eTickets in the flight I just booked.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 10:30 pm

Booking Delta Flight with Unused Credit Requires Phone Booking?

I'm going to fly back to the US from Mexico. Months ago I had booked a flight from Mexico back to the US. I'm American. But due to covid and how it was like, I decided to cancel my flight since I read you get credit to it for at least a year... then I read later on its actually two years? Well right now I am going to book a flight back to the US. I spoke with delta on the phone few days ago that if I wanted to use my unused credit... is that even the term for this? That I actually need to book my flight with them over the phone as oppose to online. Such as I can't book it through delta.com and use the credit that I didn't use from months ago.

Can someone here who had cancelled a delta flight due to covid... had to book a flight through the phone if they want to use the credit for their next flight? That is what the delta rep on the phone told me.

Now my other question is this. If I were to cancel the flight again... that would mean I have unused credit for both cancelled flights for how long? Example if i book a flight soon and then cancel it later on. So my combined credit would still be good for how long? I know my earlier credit... i believe that is good for up to two years? But what about this one?

Also... doe anyone have the phone number for Delta airlines where you can speak to customer support easier? I called them twice... they put me on hold... well I just put myself on hold as oppose to having them call me back... I did this twice for two hours... and I did not get a rep at all and then I turned off my phone. Does the callback having them call you work better than waiting on the line?

I called the 800 number I found on google and that was the one that got me speaking to a rep few days ago... think it took half an hour or so and a rep got to me. But i called them twice later on and i waited two hours each time and i was still on hold. Is there a trick to this as call them a certain time period? I'm basically in Central time US now. Are the reps available all day or its only available till midnight? And how early can I call them? I mean, I know the customer reps are busy with other customers... but when it says your estimated wait time is half an hour or a bit longer and I wait almost two hours... I think it would be better for a callback?
Old Sep 14, 2020, 11:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jerry90210
I'm going to fly back to the US from Mexico. Months ago I had booked a flight from Mexico back to the US. I'm American. But due to covid and how it was like, I decided to cancel my flight since I read you get credit to it for at least a year... then I read later on its actually two years? Well right now I am going to book a flight back to the US. I spoke with delta on the phone few days ago that if I wanted to use my unused credit... is that even the term for this? That I actually need to book my flight with them over the phone as oppose to online. Such as I can't book it through delta.com and use the credit that I didn't use from months ago.

Can someone here who had cancelled a delta flight due to covid... had to book a flight through the phone if they want to use the credit for their next flight? That is what the delta rep on the phone told me.

Now my other question is this. If I were to cancel the flight again... that would mean I have unused credit for both cancelled flights for how long? Example if i book a flight soon and then cancel it later on. So my combined credit would still be good for how long? I know my earlier credit... i believe that is good for up to two years? But what about this one?

Also... doe anyone have the phone number for Delta airlines where you can speak to customer support easier? I called them twice... they put me on hold... well I just put myself on hold as oppose to having them call me back... I did this twice for two hours... and I did not get a rep at all and then I turned off my phone. Does the callback having them call you work better than waiting on the line?

I called the 800 number I found on google and that was the one that got me speaking to a rep few days ago... think it took half an hour or so and a rep got to me. But i called them twice later on and i waited two hours each time and i was still on hold. Is there a trick to this as call them a certain time period? I'm basically in Central time US now. Are the reps available all day or its only available till midnight? And how early can I call them? I mean, I know the customer reps are busy with other customers... but when it says your estimated wait time is half an hour or a bit longer and I wait almost two hours... I think it would be better for a callback?
... a lot going on here.

1. In many cases you can book using a credit yourself online. If you go to the certificates and credits section of the web site:

https://www.delta.com/myprofile/certificates

and find a credit listed with a checkbox, you can click it and then do a flight search and it will apply the credit automatically.

It is true, however, that some credits cannot be applied online. One instance I know of is if you canceled under circumstances that would normally result in a change fee to rebook using the credit, but an agent agreed to waive the change fee, that waiver is in a note on the credit and cannot be waived via the automatic booking method and then you will have to call in.

2. CS reps are available 24/7. The only difference between staying on hold and using the callback is that you don't tie up your phone line. If you have a headset or hands free device and don't mind waiting on hold, then it doesn't really matter. Note that in periods of heavy call volume you may receive the callback and then still have to wait for the next available agent, but at least you will not have been on hold the entire time. Hanging up loses your place in line.

I would be very wary of dialing an 800 number that you get from a Google search result. It might be the correct number for Delta, or it might be scammers who have SEO'ed their way into having their phone number search for "Delta customer service" -- they will happily charge you an exorbitant fee to "change" your ticket where all they do is turn around and call Delta on your behalf. See for example this thread from the UA forum: Scammed by a fake UA call center {Consoldiated}

Get the number off the DL web site: https://www.delta.com/us/en/need-help/overview

under "Contact Us"

There is no magic 800 number for faster service. If there were, everyone would use it, and it would no longer be faster The only way to get your call answered quicker is to have higher Medallion status.

If you are willing to make an international call (a VOIP solution can make this cheaper, e.g. Google Hangouts, Skype, might be only a few cents a minute) you can call the Singapore reservations line, which speaks excellent (if slightly accented) English and can handle anything the US-based agents can handle: +65-6336-3371
Old Sep 14, 2020, 11:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Absolutely do not google to find a DL phone number. A week or two ago someone tried to post a fake scam number multiple times on FT for "Delta Customer Service." Either look on the real DL website or find the number on a DL FF card or some previous email that you know is from DL.

If you can easily and comfortably phone DL on a speakerphone and do something useful (or fun) while waiting on hold, IMO that's the best way. Try to avoid calling at obviously high volume times such as during major bad weather that's disrupting flights.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
... a lot going on here.

1. In many cases you can book using a credit yourself online. If you go to the certificates and credits section of the web site:

https://www.delta.com/myprofile/certificates

and find a credit listed with a checkbox, you can click it and then do a flight search and it will apply the credit automatically.

It is true, however, that some credits cannot be applied online. One instance I know of is if you canceled under circumstances that would normally result in a change fee to rebook using the credit, but an agent agreed to waive the change fee, that waiver is in a note on the credit and cannot be waived via the automatic booking method and then you will have to call in.

2. CS reps are available 24/7. The only difference between staying on hold and using the callback is that you don't tie up your phone line. If you have a headset or hands free device and don't mind waiting on hold, then it doesn't really matter. Note that in periods of heavy call volume you may receive the callback and then still have to wait for the next available agent, but at least you will not have been on hold the entire time. Hanging up loses your place in line.

I would be very wary of dialing an 800 number that you get from a Google search result. It might be the correct number for Delta, or it might be scammers who have SEO'ed their way into having their phone number search for "Delta customer service" -- they will happily charge you an exorbitant fee to "change" your ticket where all they do is turn around and call Delta on your behalf. See for example this thread from the UA forum: Scammed by a fake UA call center {Consoldiated}

Get the number off the DL web site: https://www.delta.com/us/en/need-help/overview

under "Contact Us"

There is no magic 800 number for faster service. If there were, everyone would use it, and it would no longer be faster The only way to get your call answered quicker is to have higher Medallion status.

If you are willing to make an international call (a VOIP solution can make this cheaper, e.g. Google Hangouts, Skype, might be only a few cents a minute) you can call the Singapore reservations line, which speaks excellent (if slightly accented) English and can handle anything the US-based agents can handle: +65-6336-3371

Hi. But i look for this certificate when booking my flight through delta's website? So go book it and when option to pay... look for a certificate option?

I spoke to someone on the phone few days ago from Delta who told me i had exactly so and so credit to be used since i cancelled my flight last time due to covid. The number i dialed was correct as when i called it... they say hi... and then my name.

Wait so there are scam numbers for delta? So you call them and they ask for your credit card information and things like that?

I did not know they are open all day. So its not only till midnight? So when is best to contact them?

So in my situation, which im sure many are in when they cancelled their flight months ago due to covid... did you had to book it through phone or able to with delta online? Again, i booked a flight directly through delta's site months ago... then cancelled it.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 6:08 am

The online system cannot read any agent notes relating to a waiver. You can find DL phone numbers online. If the US lines have a long wait call DL in Singapore and they are highly competent and professional.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.