Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ecredit Redemption/Website Issues/Questions/Multiple ECredits - Consolidated Threads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
Originally Posted by mrwhizzard View Post
Just a quick follow-up in case anyone else is in this situation. On the website, I found that I was able to use up to 3 different eCredits, for 3 different passengers, to book a new flight. Of course, I have 4 passengers to rebook, but at least this lets me do it in two transactions instead of 4.

To do this, go to https://www.delta.com/edocs/redeem-documents, then click "+Add a Certificate or eCredit" (keeping in mind, it won't save eCredits for other people in your wallet, so you can't enter them ahead of time). Once you have the 3 entered that you want to use, click the checkmark next to those three, and click "Continue" at the bottom of the page.
Print Wikipost

Ecredit Redemption/Website Issues/Questions/Multiple ECredits - Consolidated Threads

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
The couple I've used recently, I started the booking from the list of my available eCredits, and not from the normal booking page. It went smoothly after that.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Platinum (Life), Emirates Gold,GHA Black
Went through the same thing last night. Searched the credits and they were found using my FF#. Applied the credits and got nothing on checkout!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by A4K
This is the work around I have found. It isn't as easy but it works.

From the main dl.com go to profile, then certificates, then click on the certificate you want to use.

That will take you to the flight search page and the e-cert will follow you through the bokking process.

I emailed Delta back and forth multiple times. They refused to acknowledge there was an issue.
Had to book them this way a few times the last couple months. Called Delta and they don't seem to realize the inconvenience. Don't expect it to change anytime in the near future.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I tried to use two ecredits on one reservation, and was charged the $25 phone fee. Delta.bomb wouldn't process it, so when I called they said the policy is to waive the phone fee on one of the vouchers, but to charge it on the other. Is this correct or some rogue agent?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I tried to use two ecredits on one reservation, and was charged the $25 phone fee. Delta.bomb wouldn't process it, so when I called they said the policy is to waive the phone fee on one of the vouchers, but to charge it on the other. Is this correct or some rogue agent?
Rogue agent. Especially as you're DM. You don't pay phone ticketing fees.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by javabytes
Rogue agent. Especially as you're DM. You don't pay phone ticketing fees.
She said there is no way not to charge it, haha! I'll call back, but what a waste of time. Frustrating.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 7:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Think of the extra money DL makes from people who don't know better or don't bother wasting time to challenge stuff like this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:15 pm

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
Using Multiple E Credits on Flights (Consolidated Thread)

Can you consolidate airline credit from DL, or use two separate credits for one new booking?

I am booked on a D1 flight from SEA-(AMS)-MNL for April, and obviously this trip will have to be canceled as soon as I can get through to DL. I'm planning on rebooking for later in the year and the dates I'm looking at have fares that are about $100+ more.

Incidentally, I have another domestic ticket booked for May to attend a conference. This will most likely be canceled too as the venue is in Disney.

Will I be able to consolidate these two credits into one so that a more expensive booking for later this year will be fully covered?

Last edited by hikouki; Mar 12, 2020 at 10:25 pm
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:32 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by hikouki
Can you consolidate airline credit from DL, or use two separate credits for one new booking?

I am booked on a D1 flight from SEA-(AMS)-MNL for April, and obviously this trip will have to be canceled as soon as I can get through to DL. I'm planning on rebooking for later in the year and the dates I'm looking at have fares that are about $100+ more.

Incidentally, I have another domestic ticket booked for May to attend a conference. This will most likely be canceled too as the venue is in Disney.

Will I be able to consolidate these two credits into one so that a more expensive booking for later this year will be fully covered?
No, but you can use up to 3 ecredits on a reservation (and anecdotally, more if you find a well-trained phone agent).

edited to add: if you use credits for a simple domestic trip, see if booking as two one ways yields the same price (it often does). Boom - 6 ecredits allowed!.
hikouki likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD
Variant on the question - I have a trip, one record locator, 6 family members. Will I get 1 ecredit or 6?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHD, MG
Assume 6...my spouse's is on her SM account, despite being on a single trip and one record locator booked on my account.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:21 am

using multiple ecredits

So I had a trip this month for 4 passengers that I cancelled. This resulted in 4 separate ecredits, one for each passenger. As I look at options for booking new travel late in the year, I'm wondering if there is any way to purchase a new trip for these same 4 passengers all at once, and use each passenger's ecredit? Or will I have to make 4 separate bookings?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: DL DM
I think that you will find that Delta has to make four different reservations, unless you can find an Delta agent that knows how to do it on one reservation. (I don't think you will).
Old Mar 16, 2020, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
I think that you will find that Delta has to make four different reservations, unless you can find an Delta agent that knows how to do it on one reservation. (I don't think you will).
That's unfortunate, and there's no way I'm going to call in and find out with the current hold times.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
Just a quick follow-up in case anyone else is in this situation. On the website, I found that I was able to use up to 3 different eCredits, for 3 different passengers, to book a new flight. Of course, I have 4 passengers to rebook, but at least this lets me do it in two transactions instead of 4.

To do this, go to https://www.delta.com/edocs/redeem-documents, then click "+Add a Certificate or eCredit" (keeping in mind, it won't save eCredits for other people in your wallet, so you can't enter them ahead of time). Once you have the 3 entered that you want to use, click the checkmark next to those three, and click "Continue" at the bottom of the page.
gt5889a and rdukrk like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.