Wiki Posts
Search

Basic mqm/mqd/diamond question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2020, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SILVER AMEX MRHH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Basic mqm/mqd/diamond question

Let's assume this is for a non carryover year like 2020-2021 is.

Here are the facts

Earn 135,000 MQM

You do not meet the 250K spend threshold with your AMEX or through direct Delta Spend.

How many MQM carryover to next year.

Is it 10K MQM and you are penalized for not getting the spend but getting the MQM

or is it 60K MQM as you did qualify for Platinum

Thanks in advance as I did not find this answer anywhere.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL
Old Dec 12, 2020, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by barney44
Assuming you qualified for PM, you would rollover all MQMs over the level you qualified for - in this case, 60K MQMs.
MSPeconomist and safigan like this.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
You always rollover above whatever level you achieved. It doesn't matter about anything else.

*note I say achieved, complimentary status doesn't give rollover. You must achieve at least silver to get it. Rollover is then based on level achieved not level granted in this case.

Last edited by flyerCO; Dec 13, 2020 at 1:56 am
Old Dec 12, 2020, 11:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Is it 10K MQM and you are penalized for not getting the spend but getting the MQM
No
or is it 60K MQM as you did qualify for Platinum
Yes

To further illustrate the point, let's assume you earn 135k MQM as you said, but you only have enough MQD to reach Silver Medallion. Then you would rollover 110k MQM (which is 135k - 25k).
Old Dec 13, 2020, 6:19 am

Programs: SkyMiles
Kinda Related

If my CC offers Platinum status and I earn the 50 MQMs and meet the spend to get to Diamond, will I achieve Diamond status?

Thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2020, 9:36 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by j_house
If my CC offers Platinum status and I earn the 50 MQMs and meet the spend to get to Diamond, will I achieve Diamond status?

Thanks!
No. Promotional status gives you the status only but no MQMs or MQS. You have to earn higher status the hard way, starting from zero.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

Thanks!
I'm just curious - which CC offers DL Platinum status?
Old Dec 13, 2020, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I'm just curious - which CC offers DL Platinum status?
Amex Centurion (aka "Black") Card.

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 13, 2020 at 10:01 am
Old Dec 13, 2020, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You always rollover above whatever level you achieved. It doesn't matter about anything else.

*note I say achieved, complimentary status doesn't give rollover. You must achieve at least silver to get it. Rollover is then based on level achieved not level granted in this case.
This year is an exception. ALL MQMs at the end of 2020 rollover sometime in January, even if the person has no status.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 11:30 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This year is an exception. ALL MQMs at the end of 2020 rollover sometime in January, even if the person has no status.
True, but OP specifically asked about how it would work in the normal case:

Let's assume this is for a non carryover year like 2020-2021 is.
Mountain Explorer and flyerCO like this.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL DM

Thanks!
Originally Posted by xliioper
Amex Centurion (aka "Black") Card.
If you hold Black Card, perhaps you have the means to procure a Delta Private Jets Jet Card? That would get you Diamond Medallion status .

Last edited by tardyturtle; Dec 14, 2020 at 9:38 pm
Old Dec 14, 2020, 6:05 am

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
Originally Posted by Zorak
True, but OP specifically asked about how it would work in the normal case:
So to be clear... this year OP would roll-over 135k MQMs, keep his 2020 status and start with 0 MQDs for 2021. Because he rolls over all MQMs, he will ONLY need to spend $15k with Delta to reach DM for 2022 ?!
Old Dec 14, 2020, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Christefan
So to be clear... this year OP would roll-over 135k MQMs, keep his 2020 status and start with 0 MQDs for 2021. Because he rolls over all MQMs, he will ONLY need to spend $15k with Delta to reach DM for 2022 ?!
Correct. This year will be an exception where all MQM rollover. No different than in a normal year for those of us that are DM and have 250k or more MQM. Those with MQD waiver (live outside US) actually will become DM instatly upon rollover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.