Wiki Posts
Search

Weird rebook issue

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2020, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Weird rebook issue

Travelling MSP - LAX on 12/4 on the 801am DL 936. Got an email that the flight had rescheduled and now I am on the 137pm. I looked online and there is still an 805am with seats they are selling.

30 min on the phone with Delta and they said this was a "robo error".

The weird thing is there is a 1037am flight out too (with plenty of seats). If the 8am had cancelled why not just robo me onto that?

Incredibly frustrating that I had to waste my time just to get BACK ON the flight I was originally on! Same flight number just leaving 4 min later.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 11:22 am

Exact same thing happened to me today Schedule Change Saturday. Lost my upgrade seats. Called and agent said flight will be canceled later today. Never heard that before. HUCA they rebooked me on my original flight.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
So should I assume they are still cancelling this 8am flight? I assume the agent would have told me.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by lucycan
So should I assume they are still cancelling this 8am flight? I assume the agent would have told me.
It can take the entire weekend for the Saturday schedule changes to fully shake out. My recommendation is to standby until tomorrow or Monday then see what the schedule is and then call and rebook, if necessary/desired.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 4:07 pm

Same thing on my end. Different flight but a similar problem.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 6:38 pm

Yeah changes can take the whole weekend to settle. I had my already re-booked once flight changed to something lousy a couple Saturdays back, went to see what alternative I wanted and my original flight was back (different equipment) but only had space available in F. DL would not free upgrade and move me (I gave it a shot lol). By Sunday afternoon the rest of the plane opened for booking and DL moved me back on when I requested it.

I made all my changes via chat in the app/messages.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Exact same thing happened to me today Schedule Change Saturday. Lost my upgrade seats. Called and agent said flight will be canceled later today. Never heard that before. HUCA they rebooked me on my original flight.
Some phone agents are beyond clueless; DL should really train them better
Old Nov 8, 2020, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Delete
Old Nov 8, 2020, 10:38 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Yep, had this happen to me as well on an PHX-ATL flight on 12/6. Flight changed to arrive 4 minutes earlier and after an hour on the phone with DL they said that due to the change, they had to rebook everyone on the flight. As I had been upgraded to C+ (PS seats as it's a 767) they had to re-process all of the upgrades. When they got to me there was no inventory available and as such re-booked me in C+ on a flight 3.5 hours earlier. I'm back on the original flight, but just annoying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.