Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Flying ATL-HNL on Delta, Covid testing partner?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Related thread; updated frequently: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii/2013922-covid-19-14-day-arrivals-quarantine-pre-post-arrival-test-out-policies-new-post.html
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2020, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD

Hi all-

Some of my family, who live in Hawaii, will be flying to the US and back there in December.

I am trying to help them with finding a local Covid test (I'm based in Georgia at the moment), for their return requirements.

The points guy has this article which is really helpful. It shows a lot of approved test locations (but none specifically in ATL), and says many airlines are partnered with test sites. So I told them to call Delta, surely Delta has somewhere in ATL that they recommend. But the Delta agent said they don't! They didn't offer any other advice.

Is it true that DL doesn't have this set up (like United, HA, etc seem to)? Or was this just a bad agent?

If DL isn't any help, any advice on the best way for them to tackle this?

TIA
Old Oct 20, 2020, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM, UA Silver (thanks Marriott!), Marriott Ambassador
I have used Peachtree Immediate Care (Emory affiliate) in ATL - I am traveling a little for work now and they can do the rapid test with results in 15-20 mins. I usually test prior to going to a customers office who requires it.They have many drive thru locations in the area and will give you a signed paper showing your status - + or - ( Now I know how my car feels having to get drive thru emissions tests!! )
Old Oct 20, 2020, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by resolute
I have used Peachtree Immediate Care (Emory affiliate) in ATL - I am traveling a little for work now and they can do the rapid test with results in 15-20 mins. I usually test prior to going to a customers office who requires it.They have many drive thru locations in the area and will give you a signed paper showing your status - + or - ( Now I know how my car feels having to get drive thru emissions tests!! )
Was this a PCR based test? HI has a strict COVID testing policy in which the test taken t must be a PCR based test, not molecular which is common in many rapid test
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 5:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
Use this website: hawaiicovid19.com
Old Oct 20, 2020, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
you dont have CVS and Walgreens?
Old Oct 21, 2020, 8:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by gitismatt
The ones around me don't test without symptoms or a known exposure. I think they're generally doing a 72 hour turnaround, which won't work for travel.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The ones around me don't test without symptoms or a known exposure. I think they're generally doing a 72 hour turnaround, which won't work for travel.
do you have the online assessment? our local ones say you need the questionnaire - I did it with no symptoms and no exposure and it still said I was qualified to get tested
Old Oct 21, 2020, 10:42 pm

do you have the online assessment? our local ones say you need the questionnaire - I did it with no symptoms and no exposure and it still said I was qualified to get tested
CVS/Walgreen's turnaround time isn't guaranteed. Huge risk depending on one for travel purposes.

OP best bet is simply to look for a private lab with the guaranteed turnaround time that is on Hawaii's list of accepted labs
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:33 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I think it may be location-dependent; e.g. in the SF Bay Area if you answer "no" to everything CVS says sorry the tests are in high demand and to ensure enough tests for those who need them, you don't qualify etc.

I did notice that Quest Diagnostics seems to have recently added a screening question of "[ ] I need a test for travel purposes" or something like that, which I don't remember seeing e.g. a month or two ago, but maybe i just missed it.

Not specific to Hawaii travel, but in case this helps anyone, here's a list I've compiled so far. It's not in any particular order, and I do not have a relationship with or endorse any of these, nor have I even gotten around to researching all of them myself -- it's just a collection of places I saw mentioned, or found when Googling around in case I end up needing a rapid test before travel in the future. So do your own due diligence

https://www.vaulthealth.com/covid
https://www.pixel.labcorp.com/covid-19
https://www.questdiagnostics.com/hom...tiveInfection/
https://bayareacovid19testing.com/
https://www.arcpointlabs.com/covid-viral-testing/
https://www.everlywell.com/products/covid-19-test/
https://www.letsgetchecked.com/us/en/
Old Oct 22, 2020, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks all. Not too reassuring, but a place to start.

Yes but they don't offer PCR tests here. At least not the ones I called. And the CVS I called said you needed symptoms to be eligible.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you reach the CVS testing website via DL.com, you will land on a page offering voluntary testing with "Hawaii travel" as an option. Seven locations in the ATL area. Cost is $139 with the warning that the test is not likely to be reimbursed by insurance. Problem is that there is no time guarantee even though this is all set up for HI travel.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 1:28 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Often1
If you reach the CVS testing website via DL.com
Where on the DL site is this link?
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
If you reach the CVS testing website via DL.com, you will land on a page offering voluntary testing with "Hawaii travel" as an option. Seven locations in the ATL area. Cost is $139 with the warning that the test is not likely to be reimbursed by insurance. Problem is that there is no time guarantee even though this is all set up for HI travel.
Thanks. I can't find that link on DL.com though?
Old Oct 22, 2020, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
It is really disappointing how DL, unlike every other airline, has made no effort whatsoever to provide any access to covid-19 testing (no advice, pointers, links on anything on the DL site on this), that is required for travel. DL stands out for how it seems to be blissfully ignorant (or just lackadaisical) of what is going on in the world, and the requirements for travel (to avoid a two-week quarantine).

Look at UA, AA, AS and HA for various trusted testing partners.

I think something like Vault Health saliva test (free of nose poking) at home, that is sent back to them overnight, is probably the best option. As posted earlier in the thread, https://www.vaulthealth.com/covid

Vault Health is also the Hawaiian test partner, so you can read here for more info and detail on how it works for travel: https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/VaultTestKit
It's the most convenient option, doesn't cost much more than going and waiting in line in person, and the results are supposed to be provided timely.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's equally disappointing when the information is clear, succinct, easy-to-find, and accurate.

1, Follow the link anytime you search for HI flights OR
2. Go directly to the prominently displayed "Travel Update Center" and select the destination of your choosing, e.g. Hawaii in this case

This includes links to -- for instance -- the CVS test-booking page which includes a pull-down menu for Hawaii.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.