Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AmEx $120 Credit for $300 DL Spend (Targeted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx $120 Credit for $300 DL Spend (Targeted)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2021, 9:06 am

Got email notification after a while but credit has not been posted as of today although the Saving tab said the offer was redemed on Dec. 29.

Originally Posted by progapanda
Did you make the purchase on a mobile phone or tablet browser? If so, those work differently (and will not trigger the credit). Amex is also known to not send confirmation e-mails for some purchases, even though credits eventually post alright.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 10:45 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Made two purchases on 12/29 and got the email confirmation immediately. It shows in "Savings" tab that I saved $120. But the actual credit never gets posted.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lonelygod
Made two purchases on 12/29 and got the email confirmation immediately. It shows in "Savings" tab that I saved $120. But the actual credit never gets posted.
Same for me on a 12/27 purchase.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
My credit finally posted today (though it shows a 1/5 post date on my account)
Old Jan 7, 2021, 9:10 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Duke787
My credit finally posted today (though it shows a 1/5 post date on my account)
I'm seeing the $120 finally too, with the online access today showing a date of January 6th for the credit. I wasn't seeing it yesterday.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Sadly this one didnt show up for me I did get a random $100 statement 'thank you' credit though.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
I purchased my $300 DL gift card on 31st December.

Transaction posted 1st January 2021.

I was concerned seeing nothing showing up so I hit up chat and it looks like they pushed the offer through and I received my $120 rebate this morning on 6th January.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 1:47 pm

Platinum Card: spend $300 or more, get a $125 statement credit

This promotion appeared on my personal AmEx Platinum card today:
  • Delta Air Lines: Spend $300 or more, get a $125 statement credit
Expires Dec 31, 2021. I added the promo to my card. Thinking about trying a gift card.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 1:48 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by jon512
Expires Dec 31, 2021. I added the promo to my card. Thinking about trying a gift card.
Gift cards did work for a recent similar Amex Offer.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Sadly this was on my AMEX Gold instead of my AMEX Platinum...
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
1) I got this offer on my Amex Green (instead of Amex Plat or Delta Reserve unfortunately). Use it for an upcoming trip, great timing

2) With no change fees, isn't buying a $300+ nonrefundable ticket, and then cancelling (and thus banking the e-credit) the best way to take advantage of the offer if you don't have immediate travel to buy? Effectively the same thing as buying a gift card (with the exception of the December 2022 expiration date).
Old Oct 14, 2021, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That should work.
Another strategy is to buy a lower cabin than desired, as long as it meets the spend threshold for the offer, and then change the ticket to the higher cabin (eg, C+ or FC). As long as that’s under $250 (I think), it’ll trigger the Platinum airline fee credit (if you still have any left!).
You can accomplish similar buy buying a ticket on a cheaper day/flight and then changing to what you want.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jon512
Seems targeted…? Don’t see it in my personal Amex Plat or Delta Amex Plat.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 8:37 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by metalblaze
Seems targeted…? Don’t see it in my personal Amex Plat or Delta Amex Plat.
It seems to have been pulled very quickly, and even if you did manage to add it before it disappeared, the expiration date when added was 12/31 but is now 10/14 (i.e. today)

see the last few posts on the general AMEX offers thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ffers-152.html
Old Oct 16, 2021, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon
That should work.
Another strategy is to buy a lower cabin than desired, as long as it meets the spend threshold for the offer, and then change the ticket to the higher cabin (eg, C+ or FC). As long as that’s under $250 (I think), it’ll trigger the Platinum airline fee credit (if you still have any left!).
You can accomplish similar buy buying a ticket on a cheaper day/flight and then changing to what you want.
to confirm, I can buy a basic economy non refundable for $300 to trigger the Amex Offer and then upgrade this ticket to C+ or FC and as long as the difference between the basic economy ticket and C+ or FC is under $250 I should be good?

also, is it possible to select say a 10am flight in basic economy and then upgrade/change to a C+ at 3:59pm to trigger the Platinum airline fee credit?

Last edited by dimm0k; Oct 16, 2021 at 7:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.