Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Delta AMEX promo - Reserve/Platinum - MQM bonus and dining credits.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta AMEX promo - Reserve/Platinum - MQM bonus and dining credits.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2020, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by josephstern
But if you meet both qualifications both years, there's a chance you'll get Global Upgrades twice, right? We still don't know how that will work for sure.
Not sure how that will work. With Caesars extension, they are granting status for another year but you don't get the $100 dining credit a second time unless you meet the spend requirement in 2020 for the 2021 year. Not sure if Delta will just grant the upgrade and luggage and other benefits or if they will give the choice gifts both years if someone doesn't have the MQD and MQM requirement met for both years or not.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Ran a $3K down payment on a car through my Platinum Delta card yesterday (the maximum that the dealer would let me charge) and to my amusement, I got two e-mails from AmEx- one that the transaction had tracked for the Delta offer and another one that since the dealership was coded in their system as a small business, I got a $5 Shop Small credit on the transaction.
The airport-run parking at my home station codes as a small business as well. I get $5 off every time I park for "shopping small."
Old Aug 23, 2020, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
We do know for sure. You'll get (the option to choose) Global Upgrades twice regardless -- the extension of 2020 status into 2021 includes the ability to select 2021 Choice Benefits even if you don't requalify normally. See wiki at the top of the status extension thread: DL to Extend Status to Feb-2022 due to COVID 19 (Consolidated Thread)
Everyone who agreed with me that we don't know for sure, I'm wrong here and Zorak is right. At least, if you follow the FT Wiki link he mentioned to the Delta page on the subject, it does very clearly state:

A full-year extension has been added to your current Medallion Status through January 31, 2022. Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members will be able to select Choice Benefits beginning February 1, 2021 as part of the extension.

I hadn't been following too closely and missed that. Pretty valuable.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
I hadn't been following too closely and missed that. Pretty valuable.
If they allowed an additional (second) one for anyone who makes it by normal standards this year, it would definitely impact my travel and spending patterns right now. Just saying .
Old Aug 23, 2020, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Can these MQM's be gifted? I had no real interest in this promo since I put a few huge charges through on my Am Ex pre covid and those will all roll over and I have no need for the MQM's now. But if these can be gifted it may be worth getting those cards out of the drawer and using them again.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 5:20 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Can these MQM's be gifted? I had no real interest in this promo since I put a few huge charges through on my Am Ex pre covid and those will all roll over and I have no need for the MQM's now. But if these can be gifted it may be worth getting those cards out of the drawer and using them again.
I don't see anything that would indicate they can be gifted.
Mountain Explorer likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 5:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I would assume no, since only regular MQMs from the Reserve card can be gifted, not DL Plat card MQMs, and not any bonus/signup/welcome MQMs in the various offers we've seen.

The language at the bottom of the email I received says that the miles will be credited to your account 8-12 weeks after.....
Old Aug 23, 2020, 6:02 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by mnbp
+1
Rereading the Full Ts&Cs for the offer, it seems clear that the offer applies only to purchases made with the Basic cardmember's card and does not apply to purchases made by Additional cardholders on that same account. Still a good offer, but it is an important limitation to be aware of.
From my experience, that about how all these AmEx offers work.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 6:04 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Adelphos
The question now becomes is the opportunity to earn a couple thousand more MQM, and a companion pass next year, worth a $200 renewal fee. It probably is but still annoying.
$250
Old Aug 24, 2020, 6:10 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
$250
1) A few months back, Amex send me an e-mail saying I would get a $50 appreciated credit for the Amex Platinum

2) For some reason, they charged me $195 anyway a few days ago when my fee hit (I guess this effectively replaced the $50 credit)

I will also see if I can get a retention offer on top
Old Aug 24, 2020, 7:55 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
I may push for a retention offer regardless.

I'm actually in an annoyingly "stuck" position: I'm reasonably hopeful I won't hit Platinum for 2021 (I'm about 39k shy there, so an MQM boost on the Reserve [24k] and then another one next year [9k] alongside hitting the $25k spend waiver means I can park about $17k on the card between now and the EOY without accidentally hitting Platinum (thus I'd be positioned for Gold in 2022 and should be able to comfortably roll into Gold for 2023 on CC spend alone). I don't anticipate spending that much on the card between now and EOY...but I am hesitant, since a de facto 1.5 SkyPesos/dollar is actually one of the better spend options out there (on non-restaurant spend; the Delta spend part is worth sweet FA to me unless non-expiring Delta gift cards count, and even then...I'm not anticipating boarding a plane until...well, whenever the mask rules go away).
Old Aug 24, 2020, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
I'm actually in an annoyingly "stuck" position: I'm reasonably hopeful I won't hit Platinum for 2021 (I'm about 39k shy there, so an MQM boost on the Reserve [24k] and then another one next year [9k] alongside hitting the $25k spend waiver means I can park about $17k on the card between now and the EOY without accidentally hitting Platinum (thus I'd be positioned for Gold in 2022 and should be able to comfortably roll into Gold for 2023 on CC spend alone). I don't anticipate spending that much on the card between now and EOY...but I am hesitant, since a de facto 1.5 SkyPesos/dollar is actually one of the better spend options out there (on non-restaurant spend; the Delta spend part is worth sweet FA to me unless non-expiring Delta gift cards count, and even then...I'm not anticipating boarding a plane until...well, whenever the mask rules go away).
I'd be happy to accept your next MQM boost so that you don't have to worry
SNAGuy likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 5:49 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
I don't get your MQM math - how do you get 9k ?
Old Aug 24, 2020, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond

Are you not planning to flying in 2021? If you make PM this year, you値l be PM in 2021 and roll at least 75k into 2022 qualification. If you hit your spend waiver in 2021, you値l be PM for 2022 as well. Also, assuming you hit the Reserve bonus threshold once each in 2021 and 2022, you値l have 30k MQMs for 2023 qualification without boarding a single flight in either year.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Are you not planning to flying in 2021? If you make PM this year, you値l be PM in 2021 and roll at least 75k into 2022 qualification. If you hit your spend waiver in 2021, you値l be PM for 2022 as well. Also, assuming you hit the Reserve bonus threshold once each in 2021 and 2022, you値l have 30k MQMs for 2023 qualification without boarding a single flight in either year.
I don稚 understand what benefit there is of being PM or DM for those who never or rarely fly. Perhaps quicker phone access to an agent but I can稚 think of much else. Everyone gets waivers and favors these days. Even no-status passengers can change BE tickets these days with no penalty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.