Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SFO - ticketing moving to T2 - D gates + C gates in T1 on 6.23.20

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2020, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*

Mods: I couldn't find a thread here, but one likely exists, please move if so!

This came up over in the AS forum, but DL will move ticketing to T2 this coming Tuesday, June 23rd and will utilize the D gates there in addition to C gates in T1.

What is interesting to me, is that the airside connector will be closed during the construction. Although it's still my understanding that the construction itself has been delayed, so that likely won't go into effect for awhile - from the press release linked below:

"With the closure of Delta’s current ticket counter location, passenger movement between Harvey Milk Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 will be limited during construction activity. Passengers are encouraged to use AirTrain to transfer between terminals or walk into the Domestic Hourly Parking Garage. Harvey Milk Terminal 1 can be accessed via Tunnel B on Level 1 of the garage, and Terminal 2 can be accessed via Tunnel C or Tunnel D on Level 1 of the garage."

https://www.flysfo.com/media/press-r...al-2-june-23rd
Old Jun 21, 2020, 9:33 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Mods: I couldn't find a thread here, but one likely exists, please move if so!

This came up over in the AS forum, but DL will move ticketing to T2 this coming Tuesday, June 23rd and will utilize the D gates there in addition to C gates in T1.

What is interesting to me, is that the airside connector will be closed during the construction. Although it's still my understanding that the construction itself has been delayed, so that likely won't go into effect for awhile - from the press release linked below:

"With the closure of Delta’s current ticket counter location, passenger movement between Harvey Milk Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 will be limited during construction activity. Passengers are encouraged to use AirTrain to transfer between terminals or walk into the Domestic Hourly Parking Garage. Harvey Milk Terminal 1 can be accessed via Tunnel B on Level 1 of the garage, and Terminal 2 can be accessed via Tunnel C or Tunnel D on Level 1 of the garage."

https://www.flysfo.com/media/press-r...al-2-june-23rd
It's poorly written, but I think the intent is that landside access will be limited by construction while post-security airside access via the connector will be open.

Delta flights will depart from gates in Boarding Areas C and D, both accessible from the security checkpoint in Terminal 2.
SFO is oddly using "terminal" for landside and "boarding area" for airside.
BenA and ryw like this.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
T2 to T1 is an anomaly at SFO. The only true "connector" is airside across from the former Admirals Club post-security.

And yes, it'll be limited landside, which means the Airtrain or the parking garage.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 11:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ekozie
SFO is oddly using "terminal" for landside and "boarding area" for airside.
Those are standard SFO terms. SFO has 4 terminals with 7 boarding areas. Most airports seem to prefer concourse instead of boarding area.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 10:15 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
The gates in the central terminal are a long way away from the Sly Club.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 10:31 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
From the C side, the T1-2 airside connector to D is easy to find next to the exit to baggage claim. In fact the airside connector has a really nice sofa seating area (good for naps in a long delay) and a slightly secret but public yoga room. And great views of the ramp.

With DL Check-in counters near the T2 Starbucks, it seems like it’ll make for a nice walk from the BART station (unlike currently having to walk around 3/4 of the airport)

I’ll miss being able to use the C security checkpoint for now though, I’ve been lucky enough to never wait long in the pre check line there, which always seemed like a nice convenience.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
The gates in the central terminal are a long way away from the Sly Club.
It’s not an awful walk. At least 5 but not more than 10 minutes stroll depending on your gait. Ive definitely makes that trek many times when using the AC and having a AA departure from the C gates.
Eastbay1K likes this.

Last edited by DataPlumber; Jun 23, 2020 at 9:32 am
Old Jun 23, 2020, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
It’s not an awful walk. At least 5 but not more than 10 minutes stroll depending on your gait. Ive definitely makes that trek many times when using the AC and having a AA departure from the C gates.
It is a pleasant and easy walk, and compared to JFK T4, where one stays in the "comfort and convenience of the same terminal," the SFO D to C airside walk is like a spa day.
NoLaGent, ekozie and ryw like this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
T2 to T1 is an anomaly at SFO. The only true "connector" is airside across from the former Admirals Club post-security.

And yes, it'll be limited landside, which means the Airtrain or the parking garage.
Is the sidewalk closed on the ticketing level? In leiu of the hallway, That would be the shortest landslide route from T1 to T2

Last edited by DataPlumber; Jun 23, 2020 at 11:13 am
Old Jun 23, 2020, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by DataPlumber
Is the sidewalk closed on the ticketing level? In leiu of the hallway, That would be the shortest landslide route from T1 to T2
I believe they will be closing it temporarily during construction yes. You'll have to cross into the parking garage then cross back. Or take the airtrain.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 2:57 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Those are standard SFO terms. SFO has 4 terminals with 7 boarding areas. Most airports seem to prefer concourse instead of boarding area.
Right, but even with the "concourse" nomenclature, excluding midfield airport designs, the concourses are still part of the larger terminal - the terminal refers to the whole building regardless of whether it's airside or landside.

In this case, the poor wording simply created more confusion.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by ekozie
Right, but even with the "concourse" nomenclature, excluding midfield airport designs, the concourses are still part of the larger terminal - the terminal refers to the whole building regardless of whether it's airside or landside.

In this case, the poor wording simply created more confusion.
Speaking of terminal designations, just noticed the maps on the SFO website are showing the C gates are now considered to be part of Terminal 2.

This probably makes sense now that it's more closely connected to T2 (via airside walkway) than to the rest of T1.
Mountain Explorer likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by econ
Speaking of terminal designations, just noticed the maps on the SFO website are showing the C gates are now considered to be part of Terminal 2.

This probably makes sense now that it's more closely connected to T2 (via airside walkway) than to the rest of T1.
Yes, and cause DL is using both C and D currently.

C will go back to terminal 1 (with a new airside connection between B and C) after the construction.

Incidentally, at that point, the only missing airside connection will be D to E, expected to open in 2021. (ignoring A to G but that's never gonna happen I imagine)
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Yes, and cause DL is using both C and D currently.

C will go back to terminal 1 (with a new airside connection between B and C) after the construction.

Incidentally, at that point, the only missing airside connection will be D to E, expected to open in 2021. (ignoring A to G but that's never gonna happen I imagine)
There’s also plans for an A to B airside connection.

So once B to C and D to E are done, you’ll be able to go from A to G airside.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by econ
There’s also plans for an A to B airside connection.

So once B to C and D to E are done, you’ll be able to go from A to G airside.
Yep! SFO will finally be finished haha. Ok, a couple more runways wouldn't hurt, but that's not happening
Zorak, econ and ebayj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.