Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will Delta review status level requirements for 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will Delta review status level requirements for 2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2020, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I am just hoping that the EQD waiver via AMEX can be either in 2020 or 2021. I will hit it in 2020 as I had heavy Q1 travel and then household improvements, but with business travel and personal work commuting cut it's going to be a stretch to hit $25k again in 2021, and definitely a stretch to do it back to back in 2020, 21, and 22.

​​​​​​
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by ElmhurstNick; Oct 23, 2020 at 12:54 pm
Old Oct 23, 2020, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
I am just hoping that the EQD waiver via AMEX can be either in 2020 or 2021. I will hit it in 2020 as I had heavy Q1 travel and then household improvements, but with business travel and personal work commuting cut it's going to be a stretch to hit $25k again in 2021, and definitely a stretch to do it back to back in 2020, 21, and 22.
​​​​​​
Agreed, in the past I have had no issue hitting the $25K waiver, but with so many cancelled trips this year (and subsequent refunds) I have been unsure whether or not I will hit the $25K this year. But, I just discovered a large monthly expense I have now offers Amex as a payment method (with a nominal fee), so I should be able to hit the $25K by this December after all. I had debated whether it was worth shooting for it with the status extension, but the boost in MQMs will be nice. If (and this is a BIG if) DL adjusts the MQD requirements for 2021/22, and international travel resumes, I might have a shot at DM. I know that's all subject to so many variables, and the odds are slim, but who knows.

My personal opinion (and that's all it is, just opinion) is DL will likely adjust the MQM/MQS/MQD requirements next year for earning status for 2021/2022. I only think another full extension (as we saw this year) would be if there's no advancement towards a vaccine or major downfall of travel even compared to what it is now.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Agreed, in the past I have had no issue hitting the $25K waiver, but with so many cancelled trips this year (and subsequent refunds) I have been unsure whether or not I will hit the $25K this year. But, I just discovered a large monthly expense I have now offers Amex as a payment method (with a nominal fee), so I should be able to hit the $25K by this December after all. I had debated whether it was worth shooting for it with the status extension, but the boost in MQMs will be nice. If (and this is a BIG if) DL adjusts the MQD requirements for 2021/22, and international travel resumes, I might have a shot at DM. I know that's all subject to so many variables, and the odds are slim, but who knows.

My personal opinion (and that's all it is, just opinion) is DL will likely adjust the MQM/MQS/MQD requirements next year for earning status for 2021/2022. I only think another full extension (as we saw this year) would be if there's no advancement towards a vaccine or major downfall of travel even compared to what it is now.
If 2020 is any indication, the industry will probably make up it's mind as to what to do before the first half of 2021. Like I said earlier, the CDC doesn't expect the vaccine to be readily available until the 2nd half of 2021. Without this, it's hard to envision any sense of return to normalcy.
GagaPilot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.