Search

Officially a SkyClub Member

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2020, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat
Officially a SkyClub Member

I don't feel any different just broker.

Any hidden benefits/easter eggs I should be aware of?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by HWGeeks

Seriously?
FlyDeltaMD88 and TheHorta like this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this similar to joining the Mile High Club?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat
I am just curious, a friend of mines said he gets emails for perks etc when he signed up for his admiral club membership. But he had to signup for them.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found

BOGO F ticket, because surely you did this by getting an Amex Reserve, right?

I guess there's no good alternative if you need Executive membership.
worldwidedreamer and TheHorta like this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:40 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA

Well your friends will wonder why you didn't get an American Express Platinum card...

Snark aside, the biggest Easter egg is not published: employees are not as strained dealing with everyone on irrops and have more bandwidth to help you out when things go wrong. IMHO just one oops per year, and even as a UA Platinum/Alaska Gold/WN A-lister, and this used to happen to me on Delta it pays off. The only problem with this justification? DL keeps on upping their operational game so less of a benefit.

So: enjoy the lovely lounge network, and realize that those of us who don't get to live in Delta hubs have less good choices.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
^or no choices
Old Mar 5, 2020, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by findark
BOGO F ticket, because surely you did this by getting an Amex Reserve, right?
The reserve card doesn't get you a sky club membership. It only gets you access (in certain situations).
Old Mar 5, 2020, 7:05 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam

Bought my LT membership back in 2008 when DL announced they'd stop selling LT SC memberships. Can't say I've received a single email with any sort of unpublished benefit.... back in 2010 I did receive (4) single day SC passes when they gave SC memberships to DM's since I was already a LT member. Was able to give to friends and family.... Nothing since.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 7:19 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
The reserve card doesn't get you a sky club membership. It only gets you access (in certain situations).
When would the reserve card not get you access to the SkyClub that having a membership would. They both have the same rules for admittance (both require same day DL flight). I do know that a having a SC membership pre 2019 use to allow you to access partner lounges and visit the SC when not flying on DL, but all of this has since been taken away (unless you have a lifetime membership).
Old Mar 5, 2020, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
When would the reserve card not get you access to the SkyClub that having a membership would.
nobody said it would
Old Mar 5, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
When would the reserve card not get you access to the SkyClub that having a membership would. They both have the same rules for admittance (both require same day DL flight). I do know that a having a SC membership pre 2019 use to allow you to access partner lounges and visit the SC when not flying on DL, but all of this has since been taken away (unless you have a lifetime membership).
nobody said it would
There used to be a difference between Amex Reserve and standard SkyClub membership, but as far as I know, the access rules are identical today. So I don't understand the comment "(in certain situations)".
Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by mnbp
There used to be a difference between Amex Reserve and standard SkyClub membership, but as far as I know, the access rules are identical today. So I don't understand the comment "(in certain situations)".
I actually realized that there is actually one small policy difference for SC Members vs the reserve card. According to the access rules on DL.com, “Sky Club Membership holders can access the SC when flying on any same-day DL operated or Partner airline flight.” Under the Reserve Card, it states that “access is only granted when flying on a same-day DL operated or DL marketed flight.”
Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp
Access rules are very similar but not identical, but in any case, (in certain situations) doesn't imply that the membership doesn't also have restrictions. It was just pointing out that the card access has stipulations.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:16 pm

The point is that OP said he had an official membership, therefore assuming he is getting access via a card seems like a bad inference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.