Search

SEA Lounge options

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
SEA Lounge options

Hi-
I've got about a 3 hour layover in SEA in a few weeks and could use either the Centurion or Sky Club, if any one has an opinion of why won is definitely better than the other. I know the Sky Lounge is much bigger, but the Centurion will most likely have slightly better food option and more complimentary bar options. And they are right next door to each other at the B gates.

Thanks,
Paul
Old Feb 4, 2020, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
the SEA centurion isn't considered a full lounge. it was originally launched as a 'studio' which was lounge lite. I've never been impressed with the offering here. yes, there is a full bar instead of the limited complimentary offerings at the skyclub. that's probably the only plus over SC. the SC is bigger, the food is about the same.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Paul510
Hi-
I've got about a 3 hour layover in SEA in a few weeks and could use either the Centurion or Sky Club, if any one has an opinion of why won is definitely better than the other. I know the Sky Lounge is much bigger, but the Centurion will most likely have slightly better food option and more complimentary bar options. And they are right next door to each other at the B gates.

Thanks,
Paul

It's called a SkyClub.

That being said, the SkyClub and Centurion Lounge are basically next to each there. Assuming the CL isn't packed, you can go between the two. CL has better drinks. SC has better food. The SEA SC-A has some of the best food in the system.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:27 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
The SEA SkyClub is simply a nice space to spend time in.
The SEA Centurion Lounge is not.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 2:02 am

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, AMEX Plat (MR), AMEX Delta Platinum
Well if you can go to both, why not

Delta SkyClub in Terminal A is good for the food and space - so if I have an morning or afternoon flight I typically go there first for food.

Centurion Lounge is great for the bar - so if I have time in an afternoon flight I will go there for drinks. It can be crowded but with the premium bar, it's the same as going to any busy bar in the airport or elsewhere.

3 hours is plenty of time for both - I have done that many times...
Old Feb 5, 2020, 7:30 am

Centurion lounge at SEA has been promoted to full fledged 'Lounge' from a 'Studio' quite a while back - more than a year IIRC.
It is indeed slightly better in terms of food and cocktail options though A Skyclub is better in terms of service - as in servers stopping by frequently to and check on you and willing to bring anything to your table from the bar or food table.

Depending on the day of travel you might find Centurion to be a more relaxing experience. Personally I go to mezzanine floor in A SC to find some piece with a 'double' in hand. And, depending on your incoming or outbound gate why not check out the S Skyclub as well it is nice and tranquil these days
Old Feb 5, 2020, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Also depends if you are flying alone and how you access the SkyClub and Centurion.

If I'm traveling with my wife, we do the Centurion Lounge because we both get in for free (access via AMEX Plat). If traveling alone I usually just go for the SkyClub -- lots of space to find a seat, good food, typical bar, etc.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 7:38 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
I vote SkyClub. Centurion Club is just too crowded. The high ceiling and open space also feels more comfortable in the SkyClub.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
Thanks everyone, I'm flying alone on a Tuesday afternoon, looks like I will be a lounge lizard in both. Does the Centurion have views of the tarmac? I'm a AV geek.

-Paul
Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:38 am

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Thanks everyone, I'm flying alone on a Tuesday afternoon, looks like I will be a lounge lizard in both. Does the Centurion have views of the tarmac? I'm a AV geek.

-Paul
If that's the case, I'd heartily recommend the SC in the main terminal over the Centurion, which I don't believe has any views (maybe even not any windows?) at all. The SC has a great view, you'll even be able to see the new IAF bridge over the taxiway .
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:06 am

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
The back bar area (where the Studio was expanded into a Lounge) has some views, but the Sky Club in A has far, FAR better views.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium

-Paul
The Centurion has a very small view near the bar area, I've stopped going to the Centurion Lounge, simply too crowded and Amex has new rules restricting access to 3 hours prior to departure and no access on arrival.

The DL SC in Terminal A is nice, also keep in mind your Delta flight might be departing from the South Satellite Concourse, where there is another SC that is not as nice as Terminal A, but still pretty good for a skyclub.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:51 pm
_fx

Programs: AS 75K, DL Platinum
If you like drinking Centurion is miles ahead IMO. Large selection of top shelf alcohol (including some nice local options), and bartenders who actually know what they are doing.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:53 pm

-Paul
By 'Tarmac' if you mean the runway then both A SkyClub and Centurion have zero view.
They do provide a rather nice view of construction under way to finish up the skybridge between S and A terminals and the apron and taxi ways around low A gates and even numbered B gates.

For nice runway views try to get into Alaska Lounge - N is best but C is passable as well.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Others have covered this extensively, but Centurion is your destination for a high quality cocktail, and Delta is your destination for everything else (bathrooms, space to chill and relax, views, and IMHO food as well). I'd start your crawl by having a cocktail at the Centurion, then migrate to the A Sky Club afterwards. Both clubs are directly adjacent, so it's easy to hop between the two...
manacit and film_girl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.