Wiki Posts
Search

Watch your Virgin Australia Credits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2020, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond; Marriott Gold Elite
Watch your Virgin Australia Credits

Seems to be yet another bug in the saga of people trying to get their Virgin Australia flights credited to SkyMiles.

Since the beginning of the year, all of my domestic AU flights booked through Virgin Australia are not showing up as the correct flight numbers in the app. There is a "0" that is appended, which forces the flight to fall out of the flight number range of flights that can be credited

E.g. Virgin Australia flight 850 is turning into flight 8500 on your SkyMiles history, and you won't get credit because they don't credit flights in that range.

Predictably, working with Delta on the issue has been extremely slow with no progress. Last time I had issue with Virgin Australia and SkyMiles it took months to resolve. This seems to be widespread, as I know other people are having this issue as well, so here's hoping that it is a quick resolution.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:26 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AS 100K
I'm in the same situation. Waiting for my miles since November 2019
Old Feb 5, 2020, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
I just looked back at my VA flights from the end of Oct (31) to Nov 22. All 5 of them are listed at 0xxx flight numbers.
And it seems that I got the proper credit for all of them - after a spreadsheet of fare calculation conversions.

Did some genius programmer flip the 4 digit append of 3 digit VA flight #s to put the 0 at the end?
Nah, that'd be a 10 second fix if it were that easy.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 9:30 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I've got a VA AKL-BNE-SYD trip next month. Anything I can do to front run the issue? I'll be sure to keep BPs.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond; Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by TTT
I've got a VA AKL-BNE-SYD trip next month. Anything I can do to front run the issue? I'll be sure to keep BPs.
Unfortunately I don't think there is anything you can do in advance (except confirm that your DL is properly attached to your itinerary - and insist they double check - since that's another issue). Prepare to spend a significant amount of time trying to get credited. I have a few flights that I need credit for - all with this exact same problem - and I am not making good headway.

Here is an example of what to look for:

Old Feb 6, 2020, 5:17 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SecurityTheaterFanClubPresident
Unfortunately I don't think there is anything you can do in advance (except confirm that your DL is properly attached to your itinerary - and insist they double check - since that's another issue). Prepare to spend a significant amount of time trying to get credited. I have a few flights that I need credit for - all with this exact same problem - and I am not making good headway.

Here is an example of what to look for:

Thanks. I'll make sure the DL number is in the reservation.

Did you have paper boarding passes? I'll be sure to get those too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.