Wiki Posts
Search

FAs seated in F instead of jumpseat

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2020, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
FAs seated in F instead of jumpseat

Sitting in F tonight on a 739 SFO-MSP and noticed 1B and 1C were blocked and have ‘flight attendant use only’ placards. Before takeoff both FAs sat in those seats instead of the jumpseat(?) by door 1L. Anyone else ever seen this? Guessing a mechanical issue with the jumpseat?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 5:29 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ElliottMB
Sitting in F tonight on a 739 SFO-MSP and noticed 1B and 1C were blocked and have ‘flight attendant use only’ placards. Before takeoff both FAs sat in those seats instead of the jumpseat(?) by door 1L. Anyone else ever seen this? Guessing a mechanical issue with the jumpseat?
Yeah, jump seat was INOP. I've seen it on regional carriers most often but it happens on mainline too.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Those seats are required to be blocked for FA use if the jump seat(s) are INOP.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Yes, as other have said when the jump seat is INOP.
Also, saw this two weeks ago on a 75S on one of the jump seats near R2.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Cool! Thanks for the info!
Old Jan 29, 2020, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by DCAproducer
Yes, as other have said when the jump seat is INOP.
Also, saw this two weeks ago on a 75S on one of the jump seats near R2.
On the 75S the inop jumpseat was likely at the 3 doors (just aft of the mid-economy LAVs) there is an engineering issue with the whole fleet that was discovered and I don't think they've been put back into service yet.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 8:35 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Flyer0889
On the 75S the inop jumpseat was likely at the 3 doors (just aft of the mid-economy LAVs) there is an engineering issue with the whole fleet that was discovered and I don't think they've been put back into service yet.
yes just saw this on my recent JFK/SFO flight: 36D had a “flight crew rest” sign on it.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 9:11 pm

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
I think this thread is more about the 739 and INOP jump seats. But I have had some flights on other planes with fully functioning jump seats where a trainee FA occupied a first class seat. Several times, they offered vouchers to volunteers to give up their seat/ flight.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by hikouki
I think this thread is more about the 739 and INOP jump seats. But I have had some flights on other planes with fully functioning jump seats where a trainee FA occupied a first class seat. Several times, they offered vouchers to volunteers to give up their seat/ flight.
Trainees doing their introductory Operating Experience (IOE) sit in Main Cabin, never in FC, They’re not authorized to sit in the jumpseat until they are fully qualified which is why they’re in a pax seat. However, they are not allowed to utilize upgrades and would never occupy FC.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flyer0889
Trainees doing their introductory Operating Experience (IOE) sit in Main Cabin, never in FC, They’re not authorized to sit in the jumpseat until they are fully qualified which is why they’re in a pax seat. However, they are not allowed to utilize upgrades and would never occupy FC.
Both of those flights I was on were actually Delta Connection.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by hikouki
Both of those flights I was on were actually Delta Connection.
Never seen it on DL connection, but I've seen it on AA Eagle (operated by Envoy) where the trainee sat in 1A on an E175. I'm sure the rules are different by operating carrier / labor contract stipulations etc...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.