Wiki Posts
Search

PLAT tags for '20, no 1M

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
PLAT tags for '20, no 1M

Hi All, Got my '20 Platinum tags today. They used to always have my 1M status. This year not. Error? Anyone else?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by boeingATL
Hi All, Got my '20 Platinum tags today. They used to always have my 1M status. This year not. Error? Anyone else?
They send out a separate MM red tag now. I believe they were sent out at the beginning of last year.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
They send out a separate MM red tag now. I believe they were sent out at the beginning of last year.

Yep, the change occurred last year. They went back to the metal DM tags, but they didn't have the MM status on them anymore as they were on separate red tags.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I’m still using my black PM MM tags from a couple years ago ... the new red MM tags just look cheap
BHammy likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
Originally Posted by jrl767
I’m still using my black PM MM tags from a couple years ago ... the new red MM tags just look cheap
It's not just a look....they ARE cheap. Both of mine are separating...the red film from the plastic core. This, after about 6 months of flying.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 4:33 am

Programs: DL Dia, Marriott Plat
Just wondering what the purpose of using the tags would be for never seen a reason am I missing something? I'm a DL DIA and a 1mm.
ErikMpls likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:36 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
I didn't receive MM tags when the change occurred last year. From the sound of it, I didn't miss much?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Didn't receive my 1MM tags either from last year. Agree, not missing much it looks like...
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'll raise you: My DM tags don't say 2MM.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
I have been going 8 rounds with DL on trying to get my 3MM tags and they used every possible excuse under the sun why I never received them in the first place. Of course they were not able to send them out after the initial batch had been mailed. Now I don't feel bad anymore since I wasn't the only one that they "missed"....
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
I reached PM through a status match challenge in early September. Any idea if I should still be receiving tags or if I need to reach status organically to receive the benefit?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 5:39 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG SA, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by BHammy
It's not just a look....they ARE cheap. Both of mine are separating...the red film from the plastic core. This, after about 6 months of flying.
And they "crack" at the edges....are they going to send a new batch every year or is it one (or zero as indicated by some) and done?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Surely a MM tag should be forever, so why didn't DL make them from metal like the DM tags? That would give a very nice loud metallic clank and might convince me to use those tacky red things.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by rdh0924
I reached PM through a status match challenge in early September. Any idea if I should still be receiving tags or if I need to reach status organically to receive the benefit?
I'm in the same boat, no tags here either (yet)
Old Jan 25, 2020, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
I'm in the same boat, no tags here either (yet)
I'm going to reach out on Twitter and will report back. I'm well aware of the "brag tag" thread on here...haven't seen any answers there either. Mainly use the tags for carry-on luggage in an effort to keep it from getting checked on full flights as 95% of my business is travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.