Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will I have Access to Delta's first lounge(s)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will I have Access to Delta's first lounge(s)?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BER Flyer
IIRC Delta did had "First Class Lounges" back when they still had a true international First class ( 25+ years ago ). When IFC was scrapped in favour of the new "Business Elite" class these Lounges got closed but it might be that they kept some as business class lounges (?), i think i remember one in the old JFK T3.
Since then Pax with an domestic or international ( americas ) First class ticket did not access to an Lounge. The Sky clubs are just that, a "Club" which sells membership for a fee.
What? The Sky clubs are where DL sends J/elite+ passengers, they're not just membership clubs. Also DL hasn't had "business class" lounges in years.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ChevyCruze
FWIW, I have an F trip booked ATL>PTY and reached out to the DL twitter team earlier today to see if I would be eligible for entry. Per DL twitter, "Regrettably, you will not gain access to the Delta Sky Club with the First Class fare."
It depends. Start of last year there waa changes to access. Previously access for F passengers on DL international flights (within N America/Northern S America) fell under the "skyteam" section of the policy. Starting last year, DL stated the ST policy was for other ST airlines (non-DL). Agents/managers/corporate customer service have all given mixed messages. Some say it was an oversight as the access previously was under the Skyteam section (basically bad re-write of the policy). Others, like the agent you spoke with believe it was the intent. Basically YMMV. It wont hurt to ask, as many have still gotten in. However be prepared for a no also.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
I agree with you, about every FC passenger should get access to the lounge, but it should be every paying FC passenger as many of us myself included get upgraded more often then we pay out right for first.

Then the other drawback is, how crowded the clubs would be if they did give all FC passengers club access even if it's just paying FC passengers.
whether I am on an award ticket or an upgrade, I DID pay for that F seat. it may not have been a direct cash-for-seat transaction, but I definitely paid to earn the miles or paid for the status that earned me the upgrade.
volabam likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
It’s really confusing though as one could be flying in F on AM from LAX-MEX and get SC access, but if you fly in DL F on the same route and not get access.
and this is where the whole thing gets murky, because I definitely had access to the LAX SC when I flew to CUN on DL metal in F (unless maybe I shouldn't have actually had access and just had a nice agent who let me in)
Old Feb 23, 2020, 5:25 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by flyerCO
It depends. Start of last year there waa changes to access. Previously access for F passengers on DL international flights (within N America/Northern S America) fell under the "skyteam" section of the policy. Starting last year, DL stated the ST policy was for other ST airlines (non-DL). Agents/managers/corporate customer service have all given mixed messages. Some say it was an oversight as the access previously was under the Skyteam section (basically bad re-write of the policy). Others, like the agent you spoke with believe it was the intent. Basically YMMV. It wont hurt to ask, as many have still gotten in. However be prepared for a no also.
Good to know! I’ll give it a try. Worse case they say no and I walk over to the PP lounge in F for a quick bite and drink. Layover in ATL is only an hour so it becomes a fight against the clock.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gitismatt
and this is where the whole thing gets murky, because I definitely had access to the LAX SC when I flew to CUN on DL metal in F (unless maybe I shouldn't have actually had access and just had a nice agent who let me in)
Not murky. You have Skyteam Elite Plus status and there have been no changes for those who receive access via status. They still get lounge access whether in F or coach on international flights except for the Caribbean. The change is only for those flying F and who do not otherwise have access via Skyteam Elite Plus status.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by gitismatt
I was on ATL-CUN last year in paid F with a companion. I had access via my AMEX Reserve and assumed he would get it because he had paid F ticket. The Sky Club agent told me they considered CUN part of the Caribbean so F didn’t have access. She did allow him in for free as a courtesy rather than have me pay to guest him in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.