Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Guest Pass When Using Same Airport Twice in the Same Day

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2019, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium

I'm flying to and from Seattle with my wife tomorrow arriving in the morning and departing in the evening. If I paid for her to enter the Sky Club in the morning, is that pass still valid in the evening?
Old Dec 27, 2019, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
... is that pass still valid in the evening?
Technically, no (emphasis mine):

Delta Sky Club with up to 2 guests or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner and children under 21 years of age) for $29 per guest per club visit provided that Delta determines that adequate space exists
... but I’ve known quite a few SkyClub agents to bend the rules with a wink and smile.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 8:03 am

In practice it's always been same day at the same airport. So in cases where you're at an airport with multiple clubs, a single pass is good at all of them (you just take the stamped receipt with you). So this *should* work, even though I don't think it's explicitly covered by the policy.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL DM
I will second that have had no problem re-entering a club several times with a paid single-use pass (using my Delta Gold AmEx) as long as I kept and re-presented the receipt. I have done this when my flight was delayed for a couple of hours after I had already left the lounge, when I wanted to grab a proper meal and come back, and when I just wanted to check out another club location at the same airport. When I asked at the front desk, they said the pass is good all day for any club location within the same airport. I’m not sure if our guest pass would work differently.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is a single use, not a day pass. Thus, one must be prepared for a solid "no" later in the day. As others note, it is all up to the individual agent.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When people talk about day passes, the idea is that they're good for all airports along one's way that day, for example connections at multiple hubs. (RIP)

To me, it's understood that if someone leaves a lounge to go to a flight and then learns that the flight is badly delayed, of course the person can come back into the lounge. I've certainly done this in airports where one is given an invitation card to check in, although normally for me it's easier to just do the same method of lounge admission again such as scanning my boarding pass of using my fingerprints for CLEAR.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL DM
Today in MSP I checked into the G/F SkyClub using my AmEx at the $29 rate while my connecting flight was in the C gates. Without me asking, the desk agent is explicitly said “I’ll print you a receipt so you can use the club over near your gate if you would like” and wrote “MSP” on the pass. I’m sure it won’t work in other airports but seems explicitly good for re entry at any club in the same airport.

Update: Got to my gate and the flight was delayed. Entered C SkyClub using the receipt without any problems.
SJC ORD LDR and volabam like this.

Last edited by tardyturtle; Dec 29, 2019 at 8:37 pm
Old Dec 29, 2019, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tardyturtle
Today in MSP I checked into the G/F SkyClub using my AmEx at the $29 rate while my connecting flight was in the C gates. Without me asking, the desk agent is explicitly said “I’ll print you a receipt so you can use the club over near your gate if you would like” and wrote “MSP” on the pass. I’m sure it won’t work in other airports but seems explicitly good for re entry at any club in the same airport.

This is what happened. I got the pass at SEA in the morning and then went back in the evening and the pass was still good.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
This is what happened. I got the pass at SEA in the morning and then went back in the evening and the pass was still good.
thank you for updating the post with the results

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.